Remember when viewers used to ask for signed photos of the Presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And why dont they do that anymore.

Think some viewers used to think of QVC Presenters as real celebs, you used to get the more popular Presenters, such as Steve Whatley, Debbie F and Paul Lavers, say ooh weve ran out of photos more are coming.

I bet it still goes on, they just don't talk about it cos it would generate even more requests.

I reckon a lot of card giving goes on too. One way of course - customer to presenter. Can you imagine?

I've seen piles of photos at customer events with printed signatures...mostly still there at the end of the day.

Jude xx

I've been struck off the presenter Christmas card list, and I can't think why! I haven't been sent one for about 3 or 4 years, mind you I've spent far less in those years!

Jude xx

Will any of you be buying a signed copy of Julia's book when it comes out ? ......or should I say would anyone admit to it?

Will it be signed or just a signature on a loose piece of paper?

Jude xx

PS the answer is still a no

On the launch of Ideal World they ran out of products and were reduced to SELLING signed photos of themselves.

Years ago the presenters used to have Christmas cards from customers displayed on the table and would read them out during the show.

I also must have watched along with BettyBoo! when, on Ideal World, they once ran out of stock, and decided to fill in air time selling photos of themselves - and they sold out also. How times change

Another interesting point by BettyBoo, regarding cards being read on air. My card was sung on air, by the then single, Jilly Halliday. I wrote a ditty, to the tune of 'Jingle Bells'

'Jingle Bells
Jinglle Bells, Jingle all the way
I enjoy QVC each & every day
I sit right there in my comfy chair,
and cannot resist, buying everything on the screen
and ticking off my Christmas list'

Cringeworthy.com :giggle:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back