Cameron reaction to Scofield's List

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
I'm appalled that Cameron, in reacting to Philip Scofield's list of paedophile suspects, suggested this could cause a witch-hunt against gay men. Is it 1925 FFS? There's no more reason to connect all consenting gay adults with the perpetrators of those hideous offences, than there is to tar all heterosexual men with the same brush as Jimmy Saville. A pitiful attempt at deflection from the real issues.

Jude xx

I do wish he'd step aside and let someone else take over, ****** man, can't be doing with him at all, he doesn't seem to have a clue...

Just my personal interpretation - I understood it to be aimed at the speculation and unfounded allegations already occurring on the internet.

As a general comment, we all speculate when something serious happens but this prejudgement frenzy by internet/media is making it impossible for anyone to be innocent before being proven guilty by a court of law. The innocents lives get ruined along with guilty regardless.

since when was all paedophiles gay men or women what a idiot cameron is his comments are more likely to cause a so called "witch hunt"

Too many people have blocked action on these awful situations for far too long.......... I think Schofield was right to try and bring it to DC's attention but I am not sure it was the right place. No one, with any authority, seems to be willing to take charge of this and get the ball rolling. I wonder if those who are named by the victims belong to a higher public profile than even MPs. Will be surprised if any of these cases will be resolved.

Firstly I dislike Cameron and think he`s an idiot but there has to be a line we tread when it comes to naming people as paedophiles. Suspicion or hearsay ruins lives but all accusations should be dealt with quickly, efficiently and privately for not just the victim but also for those people who are falsely accused and it does happen. If someone is found to have molested a child then I`d say throw the book at them, for those falsely accused my heart goes out to them. The reason I`m saying this is because a young girl I know fell out with her best friend, the argument was getting out of hand so the girl`s dad insisted he ran the friend home. A few hours later the Police were at his door, the young girl he`d taken home had told her parents he`d tried to kiss her and touch her. Whilst the investigations were going on his children were tormented at school and told their dad was a paedo, his car was damaged, he was suspended from his job as a Paramedic and eggs were throw at their house windows. Things became so bad they moved out and went to stay with his wife`s parents. To cut a long story short, the young girl eventually admitted she was lying and said it was her way at getting her own back for the argument she`d had with her supposed friend but for days that family went to hell and back and a 15 year old stupid girl almost ruined his life.

I think my concern in all this is that if there are the public figures involved in child abuse then there'll be a massive hoo-hah, and quite possibly the worst, but unknown, perpetrators will be able to fly under the radar and escape justice.

The tabloids won't be anywhere near as interested in any old pervert and his revolting crimes when they can pillory some zeleb instead.

If only newspaper journalists investigated real scandals instead of reporting who's shagged who. Feel for those victims who may never receive justice or find peace.

Jude xx

Again I will mention Concora boys home in Belfast. Rumours of PMs coming over from West Minister for the parties. The army had the place bugged and said nothing, wanting to blackmail politicians. It was only in the 90s the truth came out, but only a few local people ever went to court.

I do wish he'd step aside and let someone else take over, ****** man, can't be doing with him at all, he doesn't seem to have a clue...

Unfortunately only ITV can sack him :wink:

Seriously though, Philip Schofield was way out of order doing that. From what I've read on the internet (sic), he did a quick google and produced a list with no proper research. He's stepped over the line there and should be punished. As for DC, he's correct as the next group who will be targetted are the homosexuals. Always have been scapegoats for anything like this and the Mob mentality will take over as the sheer mention of any wrong doing will be dealt with by the Mob. Sadly in these days, bad info gets passed around as fact quite quickly.

Hi,

I can't believe how much Philip Schofield has changed, mostly since Fern left.

When you see clips of the two of them giggling together he seems like a different person.

Cheers,
karen

I have to agree with you there,Karen.

I've gone totally off Phil & I never thought Holly was the right one for the job,she's too inexperienced.

Give me Eamonn & Ruth,any day!

Latest posts

Back