Yodel ?!?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

V

Vivalas

Guest Shopper
Just come back from a few days in Rome to discover a Yodel delivery from last week told me to go to the Post Office to pick up. The guy at the PO couldn't stop laughing as he said they were direct competition and there's no way they would take it. I'd never heard of Yodel until today as Hermes always deliver my stuff. Qvc customer services couldn't care less. I've posted it on their FB page. Wonder if that will give me a response - doubt it.

It's over £600 worth of laptops, you'd think they would care, especially as it was a week a go. No contact, no nothing. Qvc guy said he'd have to email someone who would email someone else. Load of old crap if you ask me. It was an 8 mile round trip to be laughed at by the PO guy - I'd have probably laughed too if it had been the other way round.

I think Yodel are the same people as Home Delivery Network. They changed their name earlier this year as far as I'm aware.

Yes yodel are the rebranded home network delivery . They have a terrible reputation for unreliable service.

I think it's been called Yodel for 3 or 4 years. Is there a phone number on the "while you were out card"? I hope you track it down.

Last year DH wanted to return a tablet to QVC who arranged collection, a surly-looking bloke driving just an ordinary car (Yodel usually have transit vans with the yodel logo). When I asked for a receipt he said they didn't do that. Fortunately the refund came through fairly quickly but we'd have had no proof I'd handed it over if anything had gone wrong!

Jude xx

Don't get me started on Yodel Vivalas. A story far too long to post here, but suffice to say they're an absolute joke of a company. I eventually ended up driving for a whole morning just to pick up a book which could've easily been pushed through our letter box.

Don't get me started on Yodel Vivalas. A story far too long to post here, but suffice to say they're an absolute joke of a company. I eventually ended up driving for a whole morning just to pick up a book which could've easily been pushed through our letter box.

100% agree. I am another one with an endless story involving these jokers. It took 40 odd mins before i got to speak to someone over the phone and both I and Virgin (the company supplying the hub) were given different answers each time we had to contact Yodel.
Cutting it short, parcel was eventually delivered 15 days late. I refused to accept it and the delivery guy went into a swearing frenzy!

Now I ask who the courier is before i purchase anything and if they say yodel, they loose a sale.

There are 1000s of complaints to be found on the internet about these plonkers.

Another one here with a story about them. I won't go into detail as it wasn't a QVC purchase but poor service and rude staff have meant that I will never knowingly use them again.

Well heard nothing back from qvc even though I was promised. I decided to phone Yodel. Their automated system told me to type in the consignment number. After 4 attempts it turns out it doesn't even exist and it automatically hung up on me!! More time wasted. Another call to qvc and different person this time. 20 minutes of waiting whilst they spoke to Yodel etc etc and I was promised a call this afternoon - told me that as its been two days they HAD to come back to me . . . . . . . . I've heard diddly squat !!!! Complete shambles. Somewhere in a warehouse no doubt is £600 plus of stuff I've paid for. In over a week no one has bothered to get in touch.

Rant over.

Yodel on WatchdogDaily

Interesting segment on BBC WatchdogDaily this a.m. Customer claims that Yodel did not deliver items and/or flung them over fences. Customers had CCTV proof to back up the claims. Just where do all these 'undelivered' packages go?!? *Hmppph!* x Snarly

Last year I ordered a duvet at the beginning of December. Yodel were assigned the task of delivering it.
I tracked it from depot to depot then watched as it was "on the van"/ "off the van", for days.

...and you do the Hokey Cokey and you turn around. That'll be why they take so long to deliver stuff...all those verses of Hokey Cokey to get through!

Jude xx

I also had never heard of this delivery service until I watched Watchdog daily today. I have never had a parcel delivered by Yodel to my knowledge, although one company used by QVC have left a parcel over the tall gate which saves me having to stay in for a second attempted delivery.

Yodel always seem to deliver next day for me. I guess i am lucky because i have heard some real horror stories.

I bought a camera from Argos Outlrt and Yodel 'lost' it on their van(Argos were great and instantly refunded as I refused to let them send me another via the same company.)

Yodel are a nightmare, 10 days we waited for them to collect an item from us (we received wrong model number) and after many calls to try and get it sorted via company we bought from and getting empty promises from them we went to CEO's office and they had Yodel out next day to get it except they denied having any paperwork, no receipt for us to prove they had collected, we insisted driver sign, date and time the invoice we had and when we told CEO's office about lack of paperwork they were furious and said they would be tracking closely to ensure it got back to them!!

Our Yodel delivery guy is really good, so I haven't had a problem, but I really can't understand QVC being so useless about it. After all, your contract is with QVC, not with Yodel, so it's their responsibility to sort it out - promptly.

Latest posts

Back