Lulu guinness "how much"!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blue star

Registered Shopper
Just watched julia this morning showing lulu guinness shoe key ring and later on a bag OMG!!! the price is huge for a crappy looking cheap nasty keyring at £40.00++ the best thing about it was the box it was in and julia was bigging it up how lovely it was and imagine getting it on christmas day . Yeah just imagine !!! and then the Bet lynch handbag for £500++ and dont forget the lovely red linning!! OMG were do they get the prices from, Lulu guinness always looks like shes misrable and cant be bothered and i dont know why charging those prices for that nasty stuff she should have be grinning from ear to ear !!!!

Love the LG bags but I've never been tempted by the key rings, even when the prices drop to £15 in the sales. I've never paid full price for a Lulu bag but play russian roulette hoping the one I want makes it to the final reductions during her online sale, 75% makes them very attractive. I'd add that the quality is excellent but I've bought other ranges for far less that I love just as much. I still use my kipling bags when weight is an issue, but they were bought years ago when the designs and styles were nicer (imho), I look at the more recent bags but couldn't now justify £80 for a kipling fabric bag. I'd love to be well enough off to wander into her shops and buy any bag that takes my fancy but part of me would still be wondering if I hang on for a few months will I get it at a bargain price....off to buy a lottery ticket!

Jude xx

Love the LG bags but I've never been tempted by the key rings, even when the prices drop to £15 in the sales. I've never paid full price for a Lulu bag but play russian roulette hoping the one I want makes it to the final reductions during her online sale, 75% makes them very attractive. I'd add that the quality is excellent but I've bought other ranges for far less that I love just as much. I still use my kipling bags when weight is an issue, but they were bought years ago when the designs and styles were nicer (imho), I look at the more recent bags but couldn't now justify £80 for a kipling fabric bag. I'd love to be well enough off to wander into her shops and buy any bag that takes my fancy but part of me would still be wondering if I hang on for a few months will I get it at a bargain price....off to buy a lottery ticket!

Jude xx

My sentiments exactly .....the Kipling bag prices these days are ridiculous. They are light weight, very handy with all the pockets and such, also very easy to carry if you have bits and pieces and walk around.

People in wheel chairs and those using walking sticks have found them helpful, because they can put them across their bodies.......hey, but there are so many of these type of bags around now, so Kipling can stop capitalising on them.

I have one LG bag which was my present for my silver wedding anniversary. I would love to get another 5 or 6! But they are out of my price range. The quality of the bag is brilliant and yes, you are paying for the name, but to me they are unique. I am not interested in any of her accessories though.

I was in Brown Thomas in Galway on Wednesday. There is a very small LG section and in almost all cases, the other designer bags in there were far more expensive than the LG ones.

I love the Lulu bags I have and they are very well made. I've got other bags that I love that are cheaper and nigh on twice the price. In designer terms Lulu isn't that expensive but it still doesn't make her bags affordable for all.

If you want good quality leather, well made, stylish bags at a good price and from QVC the Tignanello are really worth looking at.

I'm not really into her quirky bags so the keyrings and things just don't appeal to me. And I agree they are blumming expensive for what they are.

I don't have any quilted lips bags strangely enough but I wouldn't rule out buying one in the future (in the sale). The bags I do have (Franka, Rommily, Maddy and Bow Wanda) are just stylish classics and the patent (not Paintent QVC!) is fabulous. I want to see a cross hatched leather in the flesh.

Jude xx

I have one of her bags (70% off in her sale) and it is lovely. However I do think the keyrings etc are really overpriced and, whilst they might be a good gift for
somebody who loved the range, if you gave one to someone unfamiliar with LG items they would probably think you had paid about a tenner for something that was £40 or so.

I ordered one in the sale and sent it back although it was well made i much prefer my Radley bags which I usually buy in the sale

I love some of Lulu's bags but they are way out of my price range so I haven't got any. I do like her shows though, she's so incredibly "posh" in an eccentric kind of way and I love the way she comes across. She seems like a great person but then if I was raking in £400 on average for a handbag I'd be happy too :) On another thread we were talking about cheapie LG accessories available at JC Penney in the USA (probably cheap quality too) and I think it's a bit unfair we can't get them here. However, I'm trying to get a lady I know to buy and ship to me here so if that happens I'll let you know what the quality IS like.

CC

I can pay high prices for items but can't bring myself to pay these prices for LG bags.But that's just me! lots of people like them & are willing to pay up.The quality is good as I did once take the plunge & ordered a past TSV ( the patent quilted one with the chain handle).I was a nice bag but I didn't feel it was worth the cost & the chain was SO heavy, so I returned
( at some cost!)I suppose she has a 'following', but we all have different taste & what we regard is value to money.

I just love the holiday doll face love love love love - sad sad sad he he he he. I AM going to have that hip flask.

Of course :glass: Well not really secret. OH and I go on a few picnics and country shows etc in the summer and he gets my goat when he brings out his silver plated hip flask with his little "nip" in. Oh, so smug lol. Well I just want to be ultra girlie smug when I bring out MY LG hipflask with 5* brandy. Hah. Sooooo petty but I want it lol.

CC

I love him but sometimes I just want to go one better :mysmilie_378:

Just watched julia this morning showing lulu guinness shoe key ring and later on a bag OMG!!! the price is huge for a crappy looking cheap nasty keyring at £40.00++ the best thing about it was the box it was in and julia was bigging it up how lovely it was and imagine getting it on christmas day . Yeah just imagine !!! and then the Bet lynch handbag for £500++ and dont forget the lovely red linning!! OMG were do they get the prices from, Lulu guinness always looks like shes misrable and cant be bothered and i dont know why charging those prices for that nasty stuff she should have be grinning from ear to ear !!!!

:giggle::giggle::giggle: with the adoration on here, i thought it was just me.....

I have a wardrobe full of handbags but only the one LG bag, still unused but bought around 6 years ago. I can`t justify buying anymore bags, LG or not. I seem to use the same old suede satchel bag day after day and it grieves me to see the bags in my wardrobe which have only had one or two outings. The LG I own was in a sale though not from Q and its so pretty but I just can`t seem to use it. My son`s partner keeps trying to cadge it off me but there`s no way I`d part with it.

This week I is "wearing" my M&S outlet bag. I am waiting with anticipation for my 40th birthday leather defea, which to me is the holy grail of handbag utilitarian design chic. The only designer bag I own is a Mulberry, and I don't use it much. I admire the LG bags, they look beautiful, well made, quality etc. They just aren't very "me". I like slouchy, worn-in, utilitarian style, even for work. And since having children, even if I could afford it, I just cannot bring myself to spend that much money on a bag for myself, when I am more than happy with cheaper ones. When I was in my 20's I was into designer bags in a big way, but I just changed, I guess.

I have a wardrobe full of handbags but only the one LG bag, still unused but bought around 6 years ago. I can`t justify buying anymore bags, LG or not. I seem to use the same old suede satchel bag day after day and it grieves me to see the bags in my wardrobe which have only had one or two outings. The LG I own was in a sale though not from Q and its so pretty but I just can`t seem to use it. My son`s partner keeps trying to cadge it off me but there`s no way I`d part with it.

oh vienna, USE it!! it's like people who keep the best china and crystal glasses in the china cabinet and never have the pleasure of using them. i always think if you have something nice and don't use it (or a bank full of money and don't spend it), it's exactly the same as not having it at all. use it and enjoy it :)

Lulu Guinness has Bipolar Disorder, so that may well explain why she looks 'miserable'.
I have a quilted lips patent bag which I purchased second hand from a member on here, and I love it. The quality is beautiful.

Latest posts

Back