1p gold earrings bargain "or not"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blue star

Registered Shopper
Spotted the gold coloured waterfall earrings this morning and guess what there down to 1p what a bargain. They are dated, cheap and nasty and that is to good a description for them but they still charge £7.99 post and pack its not on!!! a small box would no way cost that to post so how much are the earrings really ,£8.00, postage needs to be sorted when other channels can do it quicker and cheaper come on bid time to sort it !!!!

I bet viewers were encouraged to multi buy this incredible bargain, and pay £7.99 p+p for each pair?

I've always wondered how they came to the £7.99 p&p price.

Last Xmas I sent a shoe size box full of presents off to somebody. It weighed about 5 or 6 lbs, and cost me about 9 or 10 quid. So how they can justify sending off microscopic size items and charging such a fee is criminal and they should be pulled up on it.

yes radio_dayz they were encouraged to multibuy for gifts bidtv hang your head in shame .

Totally not a bargain! Seem like they normally sell for £4.99 + £7.99 = £12.98, so you're getting a £13 pair of earrings for £8 that's not even half price for heaven's sake...and quite frankly I wouldn't pay £8 for something like that, let alone consider it to be a bargain. It's bad enough that they try and pass off this shoddy deal as a bargain, but to suggest that we should buy up to five pairs, is so wrong! They realise that a purchase like this would cost the customer £41.53. You could buy a significant xmas present for that sort of money, two significant presents actually. If they think a cheapo pair of plated earrings are worthy of a gift to someone on their list, then they've no idea!

I've always wondered how they came to the £7.99 p&p price.

Last Xmas I sent a shoe size box full of presents off to somebody. It weighed about 5 or 6 lbs, and cost me about 9 or 10 quid. So how they can justify sending off microscopic size items and charging such a fee is criminal and they should be pulled up on it.

It's the "and packaging" part which allows shopping channels to set such a high price for delivery. If they advertised it as just postage you could request a receipt to prove the postage costs. By adding "packaging" to the name they can set the price at what they want and mask it under labour/machine costs when in fact it's just a clever way of charging more for the product. I hate Bid, but they're just employing a technique which has been used in the tv/mail order industry for decades.

Latest posts

Back