PDA

View Full Version : 1p gold earrings bargain "or not"

Blue star
09-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Spotted the gold coloured waterfall earrings this morning and guess what there down to 1p what a bargain. They are dated, cheap and nasty and that is to good a description for them but they still charge 7.99 post and pack its not on!!! a small box would no way cost that to post so how much are the earrings really ,8.00, postage needs to be sorted when other channels can do it quicker and cheaper come on bid time to sort it !!!!

radio_dayz
09-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I bet viewers were encouraged to multi buy this incredible bargain, and pay 7.99 p+p for each pair?

monoboobooba
09-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I've always wondered how they came to the 7.99 p&p price.

Last Xmas I sent a shoe size box full of presents off to somebody. It weighed about 5 or 6 lbs, and cost me about 9 or 10 quid. So how they can justify sending off microscopic size items and charging such a fee is criminal and they should be pulled up on it.

Blue star
09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
yes radio_dayz they were encouraged to multibuy for gifts bidtv hang your head in shame .

merryone
09-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Totally not a bargain! Seem like they normally sell for 4.99 + 7.99 = 12.98, so you're getting a 13 pair of earrings for 8 that's not even half price for heaven's sake...and quite frankly I wouldn't pay 8 for something like that, let alone consider it to be a bargain. It's bad enough that they try and pass off this shoddy deal as a bargain, but to suggest that we should buy up to five pairs, is so wrong! They realise that a purchase like this would cost the customer 41.53. You could buy a significant xmas present for that sort of money, two significant presents actually. If they think a cheapo pair of plated earrings are worthy of a gift to someone on their list, then they've no idea!

Greg
09-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Bid really are the network for shopping tat.

Trippy
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM
I've always wondered how they came to the 7.99 p&p price.

Last Xmas I sent a shoe size box full of presents off to somebody. It weighed about 5 or 6 lbs, and cost me about 9 or 10 quid. So how they can justify sending off microscopic size items and charging such a fee is criminal and they should be pulled up on it.

It's the "and packaging" part which allows shopping channels to set such a high price for delivery. If they advertised it as just postage you could request a receipt to prove the postage costs. By adding "packaging" to the name they can set the price at what they want and mask it under labour/machine costs when in fact it's just a clever way of charging more for the product. I hate Bid, but they're just employing a technique which has been used in the tv/mail order industry for decades.