Ciate 24 Piece Mini Mani Month

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
I can't see a thread on this so hope it's ok to start a new one.

I've just seen the Ciate 24 Piece Mini Mani Month set (202670) and am unfortunately very tempted. The bottles work out about £1.50 each, even including the P&P, and are 5ml size (which is bigger than Leighton Denny, Nails Inc and OPI minis) so this has to be a bargain, right?

It has 4 reviews, all 5*, but I consider you guys to be far more discerning! So, has anyone got any thoughts on the set, Ciate in general, value, etc?

Hi, got mine today for a present so don't know what the actual polish is like coverage wise. As a gift it looks classy though - all the girls in the office at work really liked it. Polishes are small but there are some lovely colours. Can't wait to give this to my niece on 1st Dec for her Christmas present.

5 stars from me too. Bought it as a Christmas pressie but am keeping it! Great colours and coverage is excellent too

Okay, bit of history which put me off Ciate. Another nail brand came up with the cavier (sp)thing around about the same time as them. They took or threatened to take the smaller company to court unless stopped using the word cavier!!!! The other company refused.

For months my local Debenhams was trying to desperately flog off a job lot of Ciate polish sets. No-one seemed to buy them. I don't know what happened to them in the end but Debenhams don't sell them anymore. The nail polish market is a very saturated one a d its probably quite difficult for a new brand to break into that market.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

It was in Selfirdges earlier at £38 and they were claiming it as an 'exclusive'. It's now sold out there so looks like QVC has the only stock I can see, apart from ebay where someone is optimistically hoping for £70.

I've been tempted by this too. Not bought it yet but interested to read what people think.

I tried. a bottle of Ciate that i got as a freebie with a magazine. No better or worse than anything else i've tried.

I bought the duo when first aired. The polish is ok nothing special but the 100s & 1,000s you sprinkle on top is a novel idea. Have to save it for a one off occasion though as the sprinkles come off really easily especially near the nail edge. My daughter and I tried putting an edge or a complete layer of top coat over to get longer wear but it looked awful.
You can use the sprinkles with any polish you already have from any make.

So in summary, really novel idea which teenagers will love for a night out and to play with so a novel gift. This kit only includes 4 bottles of sprinkles (although that is plenty for the remaining 20 bottles of polish as a little goes a long way) but as its the sprinkles that are novel I didn't bother to buy it.

Have to say I've bought three of these. One for me :blush: and one each as early Christmas pressies for the two girlies who help us out here at the house. The box looks lovely ... I haven't delved inside yet am waiting for December 1st.

I've used the Ciate Top and Base coat and as has already been mentioned they are no better or worse than any others available on the market.

I don't favour the whole caviar thing personally so doubt I'll use those myself but even taking them out its still great value and a lovely idea for an advent calendar ... can't wait to get opening those doors! :mysmilie_14:

Thank you, EVERYONE! I knew I could rely on people on this forum. All very useful.

I, too, have seen Ciate free with magazines and loved the bottles with the ribbon bow around the neck but was just never sure about the quality. I think I'm going to have to give this set a go.

Thanks again, everyone. More comments still very welcome and I'll post back with my own impressions if and when I get the set.

For months my local Debenhams was trying to desperately flog off a job lot of Ciate polish sets. No-one seemed to buy them. I don't know what happened to them in the end but Debenhams don't sell them anymore. The nail polish market is a very saturated one a d its probably quite difficult for a new brand to break into that market.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Think you hit the nail on the head there, Flamenco ... about the nail polish market being a bit overcrowded already. My local Superdrug has got aisles and aisles of different brands.

Okay, bit of history which put me off Ciate. Another nail brand came up with the cavier (sp)thing around about the same time as them. They took or threatened to take the smaller company to court unless stopped using the word cavier!!!! The other company refused.

This is a bit off-putting, I agree. Silly really. Anyway, I don't know when Ciate started using it but Nails Inc have had caviar products for years, probably before Ciate!

There's a cheap brand in Superdrug, MUA and they sell polished for £2 and the little micro beads (Caviar) also for £2. It's on 3 for 2 offer at the moment so a cheap way to try the caviar novelty for less than QVC postage. Ive had their metallic greeny bronze colour on since Monday and it's only just starting to wear at the free edge, very impressed.

Mr Akimbo caught the Ciate Advent set on QVC and immediately said "No! No more nail varnish!" LOL Silly Man!

Jude xx

There's a cheap brand in Superdrug, MUA and they sell polished for £2 and the little micro beads (Caviar) also for £2. It's on 3 for 2 offer at the moment so a cheap way to try the caviar novelty for less than QVC postage. Ive had their metallic greeny bronze colour on since Monday and it's only just starting to wear at the free edge, very impressed.

Mr Akimbo caught the Ciate Advent set on QVC and immediately said "No! No more nail varnish!" LOL Silly Man!

Jude xx

Thank you Jude that's a really helpful tip off - at that price they really are stocking filler material.
:mysmilie_504:

If you want more reviews, try "ciate + makeup alley". I l-o-v-e my RooBags, £5, to StoreTheStash. Stands upright 20 bottles of polish with dividers. Plus the other bags on the site look nice. Q had the bags on only once - better prices and more variety on the RooSite.

Latest posts

Back