Ingenue - anyone tried these?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DebraJane

Registered Shopper
These dresses come in some lovely prints - has anyone tried them? How do they fit size wise?

I do like the style and print, but at around the £80 mark I think that's quite expensive.

I do like the style and print, but at around the £80 mark I think that's quite expensive.

I agree that's why I was interested in others' views. Is the cut that good and is the price justified?
Quite a considered purchase for a frock!

I always try too imagine myself seeing the item in a high street shop. If i saw £85 on the tag would i pick it up. The answer is always no.

I liked them when they first appeared but I find the prints rather old lately. And I would never pay £80 for a dress, especially one that you could pick up very similar to for less than half price! I don't care what they say, prints do not suit everyone!! I look ridiculous in most print and suit plain colours far more!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I always try too imagine myself seeing the item in a high street shop. If i saw £85 on the tag would i pick it up. The answer is always no.
I do the same, I liked the Lola Rose OTO yesterday but with a good reduction it was still over £30 with p & p and I decided that if I saw it in a shop at that price I wouldn't buy, so I didn't let the "bargain factor" make me buy.

These dresses do look attractive but they aren't cheap and as seems to be the case with a lot of QVC dresses they are too short for someone around 5 feet 10 tall, so they would be a non starter for me. Like Capirossi I don't really do prints, I like them on other people but not on me.

Being short I just know without trying one on that they'd look matronly on me.

Jude xx

They're the only clothing on Q that's caught my eye. I've bought a few dresses from Monsoon and these are comparable ~ if not a bit cheaper ~ cost wise. I prefer being able to try clothes on as I would grudge the initial p&p and the expense of sending them back if they didn't suit.

Catherine had a beige one on yesterday and it didn't suit her at all. It seemed very clingy. In fact i thought i
could see shapewear under it. Then she'd another one on in the actual show and it suited her better. Like
LE Lover says, ive started to look at things and say would i pay £80 for that in a shop and then add the
post and package to send back if it didnt fit. Pricey mistake

I love the general shape of the dresses, but I am not a print person either. I look too matronly. They are fairly classic style and I would imagine you'd get a lot of wear out of these, but the prices are rather steep.

Being short I just know without trying one on that they'd look matronly on me.

Jude xx

Being short myself, I know exactly what you mean lol.
I will always keep it simple - colour, cut & adornment (no bluddy ruffles!)
For some reason those crossover styles always remind me of Hilda Ogden pinies

Thanks ladies, having a wobbly moment there dazzled by the pretty colours :angel:
some of the prints would look nice with a tailored black jacket for work but I'm not keen on clingy, and I couldn't part with £80 (whoops actually £90 by the time you've factored in P&P)!!!!!

Being short myself, I know exactly what you mean lol.
I will always keep it simple - colour, cut & adornment (no bluddy ruffles!)
For some reason those crossover styles always remind me of Hilda Ogden pinies

well that's put me off any cross-over of any description for life.

I have two dresses in this style and have been told they really suit me. One from Tesco £16 and wish they would stock it again in diff colours, quality excellent. The other one DD bought me from Asda £14 again excellent quality. Cheap enough to wear for work but still look smart. Patterns not wild. Like the Ing ones but material looks thinner than mine!

Thing is, if you only pay about £15 for a dress and then decide it looks like a pinny it's no great disapointment, 80 quid on the other hand....

(LIAM I'm not suggesting your dresses look like pinnies)

Cross over dresses suit my figure and I really liked the tea-dress ditsy floral "story" but I looked like the photos of my diddy 4'9" Nana during the 40s...yep wearing a pinny, victory roll: the whole look!

Jude xx

Oh Akimbo, no offence taken. I do like the style and the gather on tummy hides multitude. Now if the shoulders had a frill, well, another story, especially with my rollers in!

They fit pretty true to size and are knee length on me - I'm 5ft 5. Q prices are outrageous - always have sale items on their own website and they also sell on brand alley and secret sales - try the outlet section. That said they are all made of the dreaded polyester although maybe a better quality than some other brands on Q

I love the wrap style. Suits my shape. Liked some of the dresses but the prices are way to steep.

Latest posts

Back