Mother of God what is Alison Young wearing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamenco

Registered Shopper
AY is wearing a horrendous lavender monstrosity with matching jacket, paired up with dark brown tights or boots. It's car crash fashion!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I thought her dress sense was improving a little bit, but I was wrong. She looks like a giant Parma Violet sweet. No, Alison,no.

My grans favourite colours are lilac and lavender, guess Alison likes them too, the clothes look very conservative, like she is standing for a conservative by election, or she is practising to be an elderly first lady.
The Lilac suit, I think has been on screen before. it shows Young has some bad fashio clothes although the outfit looks well tailored and well cut and Im sure expensive, it doesnt suit her. It ages her a lot that suit.

I thought her dress sense was improving a little bit, but I was wrong. She looks like a giant Parma Violet sweet. No, Alison,no.

My late great aunt wore clothes like this. She died aged 100 over 10 years ago! I dare someone to ring in and complement her on her sense of style lol

AY on the Bare Minerals launch...oh, dear!

AY in a lilac two piece ensemble to coordinate with the hideous BM lilac eyeshadow, which she has used to create a very 80s over-made up look, does nothing to make me want to buy this kit. And brown leggings with the lilac two-piece!?! Surely QVC can afford a stylist or two with all the money they rake in from the over-inflated p&p charges.

I was poised ready to start a thread entitled "Suffering Ada! What is AY wearing?"

She looks a complete mess. I have seen this ensemble before on her. The jacket does not match the blouse/dress or whatever it is. She has been wearing fitted dresses of late and they suited her. She has also given the TSV a real bashing too, don't like the eye shadow.

Me too ! Couldn't believe my eyes. For a beauty expert she looks dreadful and so outdated - not encouraging me to buy those eye shadows.

AY looks like a cabbage in this outfit (not colour, I mean bulkiness) and colour doesn't suit her at all.

Last edited:
The button down frock with matching jacket is something my nan used to wear in the 1990's. even she now has better taste and she's 88 years old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The eyeshadow compact in the TSV is very odd - lilac and a copper colour. Neither colour suits me. I'm not buying the TSV. I like the waterproof eyeliner but that's it, and not enough to entice me to buy. And don't get me started on the £4.95 p&p.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I was so shocked when I saw was AY was wearing I had to register to log some comments

Alison looks to me like a transvestite with a poor wig, no skill on applying makeup, and a bad choice of woman's clothing from the local charity shop

shocking

In contrast, Leigh has a lovely top/dress on. Allison looks like her maiden aunt beside her.

We know there are stylists behind the scenes, but I think they are only for the models. I doubt they are invited to advise or style the presenters.

My sister text me to say have a look at what Alison has on!
Jees it's a bit last of the summer wine!! Nora batty was a style icon in contrast!
I've noticed and I really hope there is nothing wrong but Alison seems quite hunched over, does she have a bad back?

She has totally outdone herself on rocking the god-awful early 80's throwback look. In fact, if that 'outfit' were blue you could be forgiven for thinking Margaret Thatcher was her style icon!

My sister text me to say have a look at what Alison has on!
Jees it's a bit last of the summer wine!! Nora batty was a style icon in contrast!
I've noticed and I really hope there is nothing wrong but Alison seems quite hunched over, does she have a bad back?
Or abdominal cramps?
Her suit looks cheap for all those crinkles.

I remember hearing years ago that Lavender was the one colour that suited everybody,a sort of universal shade.

Ali Y has just dispelled that myth...... :mysmilie_466:

I think its very refreshing that Alison isnt afraid to wear clothes from a charity shop on air :clapping: and its nice of her to wear something that actually makes the QVC fashion ranges look fashionable :angel:

P.s nothing wrong with Charity shops but even they wouldnt be able to shift that outfit lol

Parma Violets was my first thought as well.
And why have it buttoned all the way up? Alison doesn't have the longest neck and it makes her look like she's being strangled.
Let's not get started on the hair. With that, the make up and the outfit, I'm beginning to think she's auditioning for the Alastair Sims part of the head mistress in a remake of St Trinians.
That's of course, in between her appearances as Brian Connelly, in a "The Sweet" tribute act.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back