Mystery box

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Price Plunge

Registered Shopper
Yes it was Mystery Box Time™ again with Peter Simon on Bid TV this evening. This time it was three pieces of "Rocco Rio: an Italian designer brand" crystal-embellished tat in a box (watch, earrings, studs) initially hidden in a box and selling for £10 before reducing to £6.99+p&p+phone call.
I'm just sat here laughing at the Rocco Rio brandname which I bet is about as Italian as Tommy and Kate:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

Believe it or not they didn't have much trouble selling this junk even though they still had a few left over after the sale, but how on earth can any presenter claim something is Italian when it most likely isn't. (Glad to be corrected if wrong but knowing their somewhat deceptive track record I honestly doubt that will happen.)

Thank you Bid TV for giving me the best laugh out loud comedy entertainment I've had all week, but pity the poor buyers of this rubbish even though they might be happy with their purchase.

Yes it was Mystery Box Time™ again with Peter Simon on Bid TV this evening. This time it was three pieces of "Rocco Rio: an Italian designer brand" crystal-embellished tat in a box (watch, earrings, studs) initially hidden in a box and selling for £10 before reducing to £6.99+p&p+phone call.
I'm just sat here laughing at the Rocco Rio brandname which I bet is about as Italian as Tommy and Kate:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

Believe it or not they didn't have much trouble selling this junk even though they still had a few left over after the sale, but how on earth can any presenter claim something is Italian when it most likely isn't. (Glad to be corrected if wrong but knowing their somewhat deceptive track record I honestly doubt that will happen.)

Thank you Bid TV for giving me the best laugh out loud comedy entertainment I've had all week, but pity the poor buyers of this rubbish even though they might be happy with their purchase.

He did a box last night, all he said it was Tanzanite for £10. Loads of people (and I mean loads, several hundred) ordered before he even showed what it actually was.

Anyway it was a pendant and chain. However, he didn't even mention what the metal was, not a word so one would assume it was just steel . Now, if Tanzanite is so precious why would you set it in, presumably, steel?

Not much of a mystery is it if he tells you what and how much it is before they even get to it.

I can't believe hundreds of people actually phone up for the tat. Presumably it's mostly people who have bought before too. I can't think of a single thing I've seen (or not, as in the case of the box) that would get me dialling. Absolutely nothing.

I can never understand anyone who would buy something without knowing what it is, all on the say so of your friendly TV shopping channel presenter. This is the kind of tactic I have seen employed by mock auctions held in empty high street shop units. People are such mugs at times!

Apologies for the original thread title, which I noticed has now been changed to something more family-friendly, even if the original word used to describe the box contents was partly censored (but maybe not enough). Still possibly true though :wink:

Anyway, I thought that they had given up on such a dodgy sales technique after the "What's in the box?" fiasco first time round. Or do they never learn?

Apologies for the original thread title, which I noticed has now been changed to something more family-friendly, even if the original word used to describe the box contents was partly censored (but maybe not enough). Still possibly true though :wink:

Anyway, I thought that they had given up on such a dodgy sales technique after the "What's in the box?" fiasco first time round. Or do they never learn?

Sorry, even censored it is not acceptable to use in a thread title hence it being edited.

going back to the 'mystery box' business with St.Peter Simon the other night... did anyone else notice that he opened the
mystery box to reveal the priceless treasure inside, and surprise surprise the camera pans away from the box so you dont
actually see the thing, it must be so small to be frightened to show it... the next thing you see is the super close up pre
recorded shots which obviously makes it look a lot bigger.... i really hate all the under-hand tactics they use

They did a very closeup camera shot with the watch in a box; I'm pretty sure that it was the sort of very cheap watch you might get in a Christmas cracker, albeit a slightly posher cracker than average. Still not the "massive bargain" they were advertising though :wink:

Tat....lol but it is....its stuff that falls out of christmas crackers! Tanzanite....ha ha...ha ha! ...theyre selling o wave headphones now with nicola george....cant believe some people havent heard of poundland ! Trying to compare these headphones to dr dre beat headphones.....send ur kid to school in these o wave headphones....his schooling will be ruined.

Latest posts

Back