Ideal World Deception

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

apple

Registered Shopper
I was just looking at reviews for a 7l halogen oven on Ideal World website and was surprised by how many reviews it had. The 7l size is very small, the one I've got is 11l (and incidently was only £25, this 7l one sells for a whopping £69 plus p and p). I then started wondering how on earth people were cooking whole chickens in it given it's small size. Then I noticed that nearly all the reviews are actually for an 11l size halogen oven, an entirely different product. People are listing what they cook in it , how many people it's suitable for etc. If wanted to buy a halogen oven I'd be misled into thinking this one met my needs given the reviews, it's clear deceit and a con and you can bet your bottom dollar the reviews wouldn't have made their way onto the wrong product if they'd been poor.

I'll give Ideal World a few days to put things right on their website and if's it's not done I'll probably refer it to trading standards.

Ive only read the first 12 pages but most of the reviews ive seen are for the smaller ones or they dont state which size it is which is fair enough and the few that are for the 11L halogen oven clearly state that its that one not the 7L so im not sure if ideal world have done anthing wrong (could be wrong)

Last edited:
Ive only read the first 12 pages but most of the reviews ive seen are for the smaller ones or they dont state which size it is which is fair enough and the few that are for the 11L halogen oven clearly state that its that one not the 7L so im not sure if ideal world have done anthing wrong (could be wrong)

With respect, you need to go to specsavers. It says 'this review is for Cookshop large 11l halogen oven above virtually every review'.

With respect, you need to go to specsavers. It says 'this review is for Cookshop large 11l halogen oven above virtually every review'.

It clearly states it so u cant moan can u :S and try reading some of the reviews they clearling are about the 7L not the 11L

It says before each review thats its about the larger halogen oven so cant see when theres any Deception

If I'm reading reviews for a product I expect them to be about the product i have clicked on to, not another product that's actually much smaller and less versatile. Let's face it Ideal World would never have 'accidently' put the reviews for the 7l next to the 11l product as that would not have worked to their benefit.

If I'm reading reviews for a product I expect them to be about the product i have clicked on to, not another product that's actually much smaller and less versatile. Let's face it Ideal World would never have 'accidently' put the reviews for the 7l next to the 11l product as that would not have worked to their benefit.

It's fair to mix the reviews as long as they are clearly marked which it sounds like they are - as apart from the size the product will be just the size and anyone will be able to understand they can cook less in a 7l one than an 11l one.

Latest posts

Back