Presenters 'white noise'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilly O

Registered Shopper
I'm sure that other contributors to this forum have commented on the style of presentation at Gems TV. I've noticed that since the transfer of certain presenters to Gems USA I'm having to watch the UK channel with the mute button firmly pressed on. Each presenter appears to have learned a similar approach to the job, rattling on and on until they form a white noise of hysterical unintelligability. IMHO the worst offender is Adina, who is unable to complete one sentence before starting another. The pace gets quicker and quicker until she seems to make no sense at all. I wonder what extent this fevered recitation of info contributes to the sale of the jewellery. I do find I'm watching less of this channel and use the off button more frequently.

I'm not a regular viewer, but I do channel hop during the ad breaks and I agree with what you say.
It's appalling!
There was some woman screeching on there last night like a banshee. I don't know how people stand it.

i totally agree with you all the new women presenters except lynn seem to look like they are going to burst its like a fit of omg!!! and a laugh then the shouting starts and adina is the worst one it drives me mad theres no need for that fake gushing im sure !!!

I have no idea who trains the presenters, but the recent trend for "shout, screech and sell" is peeing me off no end! That, and those ****** risible accent diamonds.....

the trainer for the company must instruct them all because they all do the same thing, and the tiny diamonds that accent there jewelry are minascule but the girls presenting them are nearly wetting there knickers over them it must be a girl thing because Rod ,Scott and,Lee dont seem to go over the top but Rod and Scott have been there for years i hope they dont spoil Lee with this style of" gush" gush" presenting .its sooo annoying to watch and a turn off !!!!

The new presenters seem to be cookie cutter, all act the same and spout the same rubbish at max. volume.

I know he is popular with many of you but I just can't abide Rod Jinks either. He continually bashes the high street and it just grates on my nerves, give it a rest!

Inge :)

I know that this may not go down well but if you don't enjoy watching the channel you don't have to. No one is forcing you to endure the screaming and hysteria. This is TV shopping and as a consumer we all have the choice. After all you can order from the web site and not have to turn the telly on at all.

i can see were your comming from but most people would like to see what they are buying in the flesh and how it sits on the hand not a pic on a website that can be altered in colour and size of the jewelry. but this form of" gush gush" selling is not done by all the presenters and is very annoying by the ones that do it . It would be interesting to know if they sell more products since certain presenters have adopted this style.

Hi sonvida,

I have read your point of view but don't agree. We should be able to watch a channel which is aimed at selling to adults and not be treated like children, or idiots by childlike presenters. The web is okay but as Blue Star says, it has it's limitations. I am paying my TV license to watch TV, I don't watch the childrens' channels as I don't have young children anymore. I like jewellery and I like to buy it but sometimes the presenters are off putting.

Inge

Haven't been on here in ages, and had 'cured' myself of the gems habit some months back, but found myself tuning in today when was at a loose end. There's a presenter on called Rachel who is a stunning - looking girl,but when I close my eyes, I hear Adina -the gasps, the throaty chuckling breathless style of presentation. And when I open them I see the flapping arms, the bobbing up and down towards the piece being displayed, the shaking of the head from side to side. Maybe we do know who's training them after all!!!
Back to the mute button!

A slightly different viewpoint .......... the forum contributors on here are a representative sample of the viewing public. With that in mind, voicing opinions is important because it can help as feedback to companies (and I'm talking generally). Now, whether those companies chose to read/listen/act is a choice that all companies can make. Clearly, if sales are dipping and people are commenting on sales techniques/styles in an uncomplimentary fashion then the company has a decision as to whether the style(s) need altering. If sales are booming then changing tactics is clearly not warranted.

To say to others on a forum to just turn over/off isn't actually the answer. People want to watch because they like jewellery and have tuned in presumably because they may want to buy. They are potential customers.

No company will ever keep all their customers happy but if changes have been made that affect the majority then why not speak up!?

Latest posts

Back