Molly Brown - I don't think so!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
Yes I think they are expensive too but no doubt the presenters will think this a wonderful idea and be buying them for their children.

When I got married last year I had my 2 grand daughters and my husband`s 3 grand daughters as bridesmaids and bought 5 sterling silver lockets for them which didn`t come to much more than the £60 they`re trying to charge for that one pendant. Ridiculous price, especially when young girls quite often lose or break things without even realising it.

On the description of one of the necklaces:

Full-cut diamond: 1 x (1.3mm - 1.36mm) - sourced from South Africa

Blimey, you'd need the 20-20 vision of a small child to actually be able to see that.....! LOL

I think this is a bit of an odd range as the pieces are designed for the very young but the prices are more in line with what you may buy as a special gift for a teen. I bought my son a heavyweight silver band ring for his 13th birthday and he has worn it every day since. He's 22 now .

Much to my stepmother's absolute disgust I gave him a 22ct gold band that I'd inherited. She was really cross that I'd given something so precious "to a child". He was 21 at the time!! Again he's worn it every day since.

First pieces of jewellery for your young daughter or grandaughter - yeah right!

I consider myself a fairly generous person but am I so behind the times to think this extortionate for a child's first piece of jewellery, especially as they are likely to damage or lose it?

The spiel just playing on emotions, made me mad! :angry:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Molly-Brown-Red-Christmas-Fairy-Necklace-Sterling-Silver.product.606453.html?sc=606453-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-6-_-606453

Couldn't agree more. In fact, Avon did a very similar necklace last year which was priced at £2.99 - not silver, I admit, but more moderately priced for a child. QVC are gettting worse with the drivel that they are coming out with

Unbelievable, £61 for a child's necklace? They're having a laugh but unfortunately there will be some people who'll get suckered into buying them :mysmilie_507:

I agree that although it's quite a pretty range, it's far too expensive. The woman guest (can't remember her name) said that when looking for something for her daughter to wear to a party she realised there wasn't any affordable children's jewellery out there! She wants to look harder as there's loads. And a darn sight more affordable than her £60 necklaces.

After the children, what next ?....................ahhhhhhh............. CAT / DOG COLLARS !!!!!!! Now there's a market they haven't tapped into yet !!!!!!!

I think it's OTT too, but not as much as when I hear parents bemoaning the fact that their son/daughter has just passed their driving test so they'll need to buy them a car! What's wrong with the kid saving up for one and relying on leg power or public transport until then?

I think you'll find they have Brissles....

I bought my two step-grandaughters pandora type bracelets a couple of years ago, I think they were £12-£15.

They absolutely loved them and suprisingly are still being worn.

Yes I think they are expensive too but no doubt the presenters will think this a wonderful idea and be buying them for their children.

Charlie thought that they were a super idea, I think he was getting one for his daughter:thinking: unless he was hoping for a freebie , he kept saying how his daughter would love one.

Oh no not Charlie buying more jewellery for his daugter. I remember he alos has bought his, ahem, daughter a triple A Tanzanite ring (for when she is older) Emm, Charlie seems to buying lots of jewellery for his daughter. Either his daughter is very spoilt with all this jewellery or, ahem.

Is that his imaginary daughter? The one he had with the imaginary Michelle?

Jude xx

Bit of a coinkydink but I read in a magazine that Molly Brown has launched an adult range. About twice the price of the kiddies range by the look of it.

Latest posts

Back