Practical Presents

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd rather have that than the steam iron they had on earlier... :cheeky:

I would definitely not be happy to get that as a pressie!

if i got that as a present i'd be wrapping it round their neck. :down:

Reminds me of when a friend of mine received from her then husband, on behalf of him and their two children, a large, family sized box of Persil automatic. It was wrapped very nicely, with bows etc and had been a constant source of wonder to her, as it sat under the tree for a week or so before the big day - you can imagine her surprise when she finally opened it!

Last edited:
if i got that as a present i'd be wrapping it round their neck. :down:

Oooh if I got one of those for Christmas I would find it very useful for the colonic irrigation procedure I would just have to perform on 'the gifter'!

I almost ordered it as an Xmas present for my partner, then I remembered that she doesn't have a garden, nor any taps you can connect a hose onto.

For our first Christmas, my then partner (now husband) bought me a shower hose as my old one was kapput. Needless to say Christmas Day was a very frosty affair and I think he learnt his lesson, although he still hates buying presents and I always have to tell him what I would like.

To me a christmas present is something you look at and say "oh i'd love that" but would never
spend it on myself. i e jewellery. The first Christmas together my partner bought me a
holdall, yes a brown holdall. I was living at my own house and on days off travelling to his
with all my bits and bobs, so he thought a brown holdall would be a good idea. No it was
not. To be fair it wasn't the only present, but the others weren't much better. Fluffy slippers,
fluffy housecoat, etc etc. They all went back, and he's never bought me a present again.
My own fault i suppose. I say i like suprises, and boy that brown holdall was a suprise LOL

My friend was in town with her husband and 3 kids when he made an excuse and nipped into Beals in Worthing (department store a bit like Debs) so for her birthday she had high hopes as the ground floor is full of perfumes and lovely make up etc. On her birthday she opened the present and it was an umbrella! You know the ones they always have near the door hoping for rainy day sales. "What's this!" "well it's lightweight, I know you're always moaning how you want to lose a few pounds and how hard it is struggling with 2 ltitle ones and baby in the pushchair on the bus, now you can walk into town!" Completely straight-faced!

He's the Ex husband now!

I told her she should have tested the old riddle: "What goes up a chimney down, but not down a chimney up?" Only I wasn't thinking about chimneys!

Jude xx

Reminds me of when a friend of mine received from her then husband, on behalf of him and their two children, a large, family sized box of Persil automatic. It was wrapped very nicely, with bows etc and had been a constant source of wonder to her, as it sat under the tree for a week or so before the big day - you can imagine her surprise when she finally opened it!
:eek: how awful for her! I would have been so hurt that I had such a family !

Keep the hose and blast him with it in the Summer whilst he's reading his paper with a pint. Then tell him what a good present it was.

That was all husband choice. Children love choosing thoughtful gifts. Hope she refused to wash his clothes after that.

OK then, I give in (although she said she liked the knife sharpener last Xmas).

What should I give her?

A treat in a spa, jewellery, (not a crown), perfume. Depends on what sort of woman she is, did
she really like the knife sharpener, or was she pretending. If she did, then kitchen things, or
why not suprise her with a night in a lovely hotel. Whats a good thing to get for men, beside all
the usual, shirts, socks , tee shirts , toiletries etc. and don't say gadgets LOL

OK then, I give in (although she said she liked the knife sharpener last Xmas).

What should I give her?
Oh, Strato!! That is a house present, not a present for your wife. Christmas and Birthday presents should be for the person you are buying,(especially for a spouse or parent) something they have seen and would have liked to buy, but put it off, because they thought it was too much to spend on themselves, something to indulge, something for them alone (it is up to them if they want to share it out):happy:

Oh, Strato!! That is a house present, not a present for your wife. Christmas and Birthday presents should be for the person you are buying,(especially for a spouse or parent) something they have seen and would have liked to buy, but put it off, because they thought it was too much to spend on themselves, something to indulge, something for them alone (it is up to them if they want to share it out):happy:

I think he's winding us up, i don't believe he got her a knife sharpener for christmas

Latest posts

Back