Emma Hardie Face Cloth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marina

Registered Shopper
I have ruined a few Emma Hardie Face Cloths by bleaching and washing them at 90C trying to keep them white. I remember a while ago someone on here suggested to soak them in something "oxy-" so the cloths come out like brand new, but I cannot find this post now using Search Button. Can anyone help with advice on how to keep Emma Hardie Face Cloth clean and white without ruining it? Thank you.
---

Last edited:
i dont think i would bleach something that i use on my face. tbh i would just hot wash 60 degrees to sterilise them. also remember there is a microfibre backing which is synthetic the liz earle ones are pure cotton so dont hold the makeup like the microfibre one will

That stuff was probably Oxyclean which I have used on whites. Dunno 'bout these face cloths tho' .

Oxyclean! The supermarkets do various versions of it. I use a scoop in the machine with my whites. It's also an excellent stain remover. It does not have any bleach in it though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Oxyclean? Thank you, I'll try it. I tried various Oxy in pink packaging (stain removers, carpet cleaners) and was disappointed as it didn't remove stains very well.

The Liz Earle ones go off colour after a while but they really should be replaced quite frequently anyway or you lose the " polish" effect. I don't know if that's the case with the Emma Hardie one as it sounds quite different.

Some of the alternatives to C&P come with a new cloth each time, I presume that's because they need regularly replacing.

Poundland's Oxi Whizz is great for sprucing stuff up and getting stains out. It says it kills 99.9% of germs at 30 degrees, too.

i liked the emma harding ones but find the two ply construtrion a little irksome. the microfibre wont take to heavy washing like the cotton muslim will and it twists a bit annoying. i like the liz earle or eve lom type cloths. even though i dont use creamy cleansers they just clean the face well!

I bought a new pack of N'spa's cleanser from the local Asda the other day, the cloth that comes with it is MASSIVE. What I do with my face cloths is boil them then wash them with my towels at sixty degrees. That works for all my cloths, even if they are made from microfibre.

I bought a new pack of N'spa's cleanser from the local Asda the other day, the cloth that comes with it is MASSIVE. What I do with my face cloths is boil them then wash them with my towels at sixty degrees. That works for all my cloths, even if they are made from microfibre.
That's how I ruined my EH cloth, I washed it at 90C and the cotton side shrunk and the microfiber doesn't clean as well any more. I'm also guilty in soaking one of the cloth in bleach to get rid of make up stains.

i liked the emma harding ones but find the two ply construtrion a little irksome. the microfibre wont take to heavy washing like the cotton muslim will and it twists a bit annoying. i like the liz earle or eve lom type cloths. even though i dont use creamy cleansers they just clean the face well!

:giggle:

Aldi do an oxygen stain remover too, a fraction of the price of Oxyclean..

Oxyclean is the pink one and overrated if you ask me. In fact they all are, which is why I woulnt pay top whack for branded.

Especially for Muslim cloths :giggle:

The stall holder who sells sheer curtains in Walthamstow market has a similar sign .........

I would be quite wary of using any of these 'whitening' things on face cloths tbh - not sure if I've tried OxiClean but I tried Vanish OxyAction once on a thick white cotton numnah (saddle pad basically) that had a few sweat stains on after a show & obviously I wanted it to be pristine for the next one!
Horrendous result, came out of washing machine hard & crunchy, with a most unpleasant slightly chalky feeling, spine-shuddering texture to the fabric, no way would I have put it back on a pony as was & that's a pony, y'know, with a goodly layer of hair between the cloth & its skin......!
Never used the stuff since!:confused:

We have hundreds of Liz Earle cloths in varying shade of white to grey, but I also still use our old baby muslins which are huge by comparison, s'pose I could cut them in half, even quarters (I never throw stuff away,...cos you never know!)

Jude xx

I use Tesco Value microfibre cloths (from the household cleaner aisle) as my face cloths - 5 for £1-50! I have very sensitive skin but they are fine for me. After a few washes, when they start to get a bit less white, they get relegated to their original purpose - house cleaning cloths!!

I use Tesco Value microfibre cloths (from the household cleaner aisle) as my face cloths - 5 for £1-50! I have very sensitive skin but they are fine for me. After a few washes, when they start to get a bit less white, they get relegated to their original purpose - house cleaning cloths!!
Top Tip Susie59, what a fab idea!!! Thanks for that :)

:giggle:

Aldi do an oxygen stain remover too, a fraction of the price of Oxyclean..

Oxyclean is the pink one and overrated if you ask me. In fact they all are, which is why I woulnt pay top whack for branded.

Especially for Muslim cloths :giggle:

oh dear oh dear lol

I wouldn't use bleach on anything which came in contact with my face, either. But I do have extremely sensitive skin.

Latest posts

Back