My Oreck veers to the left - is this normal?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reflexgirl

Registered Shopper
I purchased an Oreck when it was last on 4xEP. I've had it just over 2 months and I noticed early on that it wasnt easy to vacuum in a straight line. Increasingly it wants to curve to the left and I have to use all my strength to keep it straight or go to the right and it is quite hard work - I'm not a weak person btw!! What I want to know is, has anyone else found this? I am wondering if it is normal because of the way the brushes rotate? Or has it got a problemo I wonder?

Thanks for reading this.

Ann :happy:

I purchased an Oreck when it was last on 4xEP. I've had it just over 2 months and I noticed early on that it wasnt easy to vacuum in a straight line. Increasingly it wants to curve to the left and I have to use all my strength to keep it straight or go to the right and it is quite hard work - I'm not a weak person btw!! What I want to know is, has anyone else found this? I am wondering if it is normal because of the way the brushes rotate? Or has it got a problemo I wonder?

Thanks for reading this.

Ann :happy:
Ann i had one and tried it for a while and thought it was a good hoover, and don't remember it doing this.
I would ring customer service and arrange to get it sent back, and a replacement if you want one. I sent it back because you
had to have a different shoulder thing to do the stairs and i couldnt be bothered with that faffing about. I did think it was a
bit of a heavy hoover though and very noisey. Why take a chance and wonder, especially when you're still paying for it.

Barbs

Thanks Sparklybarbs for taking the trouble to respond, I think you are right - although it is out of its 30 day mbg? Anyway, I think a call to CS might be the way to go. The vacuum isnt actually that heavy when you pick it up and I like the fact that I can hang it up quite flat for storage etc, but when you start pushing it on a pile carpet, which I have in my bedrooms, it is quite heavy going and to be honest I wasnt expecting that given that the sales ploy for this vacuum is that it is easy to push etc - mine isnt! I do love the way it brings my carpets up though - they have never looked so good. I bought the one that didnt come with the shoulder vacuum as my Dad has one of those I can borrow to do ceiling cobwebs etc and anyway I live in a bungalow, so dont need it for stairs!!

Reflexgirl, even though its out of the 30 mbg, i think its still under guarantee from QVC for 6 months, and
i'd do it sooner rather than later, as the problem isnt going to go away, and it sounds faulty to me. Yes i
thought it was a brill hoover, but the stair thing put me of. Got a miele, red one, and its brill. And id already
got the dyson and didn;t like it, so i think thats why i went for a cylinder one. They should arrange to pick
it up for you, and all you need to do is decide if you want to try another one , or get your money back

Thanks Barbs, .. Well, I sat and thought about it this afternoon and decided to actually ring Oreck. I had found their website and they have a troubleshooter helpline. I spoke to a lovely girl called Jo and when I described the symptoms she knew a few thing that it could be and talked me through what I should do. Having turned it upside down and fiddled about a bit, it turns out that i had a strand of hessian caught around one edge, not easily seen. We are in the middle of renovations in the house and there is just one room left which has the old carpet and we have had it up and then just put it back down and of course the edges are frayed from being under the door strips (if you know what I mean) and it must have pulled one of the hessian frayed edges and it had wrapped itself around the bar making it stick and not go around freely! So simple - and yes it works just fine now. Wish I had looked and had a poke about weeks ago now. Silly Me! So glad I haven't go to go through the palava of sending it back etc. Can I blame it on my age I wonder!

Oh thats brill , its all sorted, and you didn't have to send the whole thing back. I'd blame your husband, for
not thinking of checking underneath it LOL. We're never to blame. Happy hoovering x

Latest posts

Back