More Used Goods

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Despite advice from the forum, I did it again and ordered a coat from QVC that came back into stock a few days after it selling out. Well, surprise surprise, it turned out to be someone else's return. I wouldn't actually mind that as I know other shops let people try on and bring back, but this had clearly been worn for a while. There were no tags with it, no branded dust bag, the hook chain cover in the back was all messy and covered in some sort of black fur that isn't part of the coat. To top it off, the whole thing had been rolled up in a ball and just stuffed into a plastic bag, which hadn't even been sealed. How is it possible for QVC's quality control to let that get back on the shelf for resale? And wouldn't one of the warehouse pickers and packers have spotted it before sending it?

Needless to say, this one has gone straight back with a request for the refund of all my P&P charges too. For a £100+ value item, I expect better than that. And despite emailing twice now, I haven't had any reply to my complaint.

I was reading Q`s facebook page the other day and someone had received a Clarisonic and it was obvious the heads had been well used. She wasn`t a happy bunny either ...

Despite advice from the forum, I did it again and ordered a coat from QVC that came back into stock a few days after it selling out. Well, surprise surprise, it turned out to be someone else's return. I wouldn't actually mind that as I know other shops let people try on and bring back, but this had clearly been worn for a while. There were no tags with it, no branded dust bag, the hook chain cover in the back was all messy and covered in some sort of black fur that isn't part of the coat. To top it off, the whole thing had been rolled up in a ball and just stuffed into a plastic bag, which hadn't even been sealed. How is it possible for QVC's quality control to let that get back on the shelf for resale? And wouldn't one of the warehouse pickers and packers have spotted it before sending it?

Needless to say, this one has gone straight back with a request for the refund of all my P&P charges too. For a £100+ value item, I expect better than that. And despite emailing twice now, I haven't had any reply to my complaint.

Terrible service Moth. If you can go onto QVC Facebook page, and quote part of your complaint. And i bet you get a reply pretty
quick. I went on and complained about sending an item back under DSR, and not getting the post and package without having
to e mail them again for it. They seem to check things there, and before long i got a reply to e mail them and i got the p and p
back very quick. Way to go :)

Don't use the email form on the website's contact page because it still isn't working properly, email from your usual email account to [email protected], request a read receipt and it also means you have a record of your message. Not that there's any excuse for re-selling grotty returns. Hope you get it sorted soon Moth.

Jude xx

That's really poor, and I'm shocked that they're sending out used personal care products too. And they charge the regular price for second hand goods!

I posted on the Facebook page and as soon as the thread got going they started offering help. Obviously don't like the publicity. I've got somewhere with them on a complaint hopefully so ill post it later.

Thats disgusting. I really hope you manage to get it sorted asap. They are always saying they don't send out returns but it happens far too often to just be put down to warehouse error.

how awful. and how typical as well their blasted email doesn't work - are we meant to be psychic too? i'd be on the phone demanding to speak to a manager.

I'm sorry you had that experience, sounds horrid and as for the Clarisonic! :mysmilie_503:I think you should get compensation aswell as a refund. I'm really conscious of this ordering from QVC now, I am trying to only get new today products.

I think they should accept that the fact they allow/encourage people to use products means they will need an even more effective quality control than most places, whereas it seems they have worse. I think they could start by asking people to tick if a product is used - of course people would lie so they would still have to totally check everything that was ticked not used, but at least they could save time by not having to check anything that says it was. I think they don't do that because fundamentally they don't want to bin stuff, they don't care if it is used or not, they just try to get away with flogging stuff. Not saying they deliberately send it out used, but they don't bother to prevent it. Like Estella said it happens too often to be just the odd mistake.

It's one thing to receive a garment that might have been tried on and you receive an as new item in opened packaging but something that is clearly "shop soiled" isn't on likewise personal care items, it's unhygenic to say the least! No excuses.

I was reading Q`s facebook page the other day and someone had received a Clarisonic and it was obvious the heads had been well used. She wasn`t a happy bunny either ...

I don't do FB, but this happened to me too. Went for the Clarisonic TSV before last and it didn't seem to have any sonic so sent back and asked for a replacement. When I got it, the heads had all been well used, and some if the packaging was missing. It made me feel quite queasy. QVC had the decency to refund with original p&p without me asking for it, but I feel very wary of buying from them.

I also got an LG blusher once that had a nail shaped dent in it!

Urgh. I'd be VERY wary of purchasing any "personal care" items from them, then

I also got an LG blusher once that had a nail shaped dent in it!

I once sent back an LG blusher/ eyeshadow duo that had obviously been used. Was suspicious as soon as I looked at the box inside the envelope it came in as the little sticky discs, that seal LG boxes, had clearly been removed before & had fingerprints on the sticky. The compacts had obviously been used as they were covered in the dust that a brush tends to leave.

Ordered a Panasonic travel electric toothbrush a few years back which arrived obviously used...of course that went straight back too!

Thanks for the replies. I had wondered what a first time buyer would have made of this and it seems it would put them off. I know it would me! Thanks for the email addy too, I have tried that but still no response yet. Still, it's only been 4 days so I'd best give them plenty of time to formulate a lie, sorry, an excuse ;)

Can I ask a forumite favour? Is there anyone who can post or link to this thread from their FaceBook page?

PS As a footnote, they messed up the payment too. It took so long for them to request it from the bank that it's been received and sent back before it was even paid for! It's made a right mess of my bank too as I'd assume it would have been accounted for when I made the purchase. I usually wait for easy pays for larger amounts, as I never trust them to sort things quickly in time if there's a problem, but I risked it this once and look what happens!

Last edited:
I'm not on FB but I wonder if it was the latest Clarisonic TSV as that was new that day, in the Uk at least, so maybe it was recycled from the US if so.

That toothbrush thing is very bad, you can catch serious diseases from sharing a toothbrush and QVC could find themselves on the receiving end of an expensive and incredibly shocking court case if they are not careful. This is all seriously making me think of not buying from them again.

I like the idea of being able to use things in the 30 days, but if QVC want to keep that policy and reap the sales benefits of it then they must take responsibility for disposing of used returns. If they can't, they have to let the money back guarantee go.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back