Qvc Cake Pop Heaven

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

scbu

Guest Shopper
Hw pointless is that kit there selling ur paying £19.75 for a cake mix , some cream, a few stiicks , some wrapers and some sprinkles. Have they not seen the infomercias where u get the actual baking pans that shape the cake into balls. The amazing thing is the product sold out

I didnt like the guest either, she could bearly hide her displeasure when poor Julia ate some, she kept laughing but you could tell she wasnt amused. Julie just kept on laughing, bless her

Nom-noms!

I've tried MikadoChocolateSticks as a treat, and would recommend those instead of 'sticks'. No waste! All Gone! x Snarly

Cake pops are very easy and cheap to make and you don't need any special equipment.

Oooo, Snarly, I love the white chocolate Mikado sticks. A box disappears in no time down my gob!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

had to google - never heard of cake pops. have they taken over from cup cakes as the new craze?

had to google - never heard of cake pops. have they taken over from cup cakes as the new craze?

Oh yes janie, they're yummy. On sticks with lovely coverings. Just the thing in the afternoon for a quick cuppa and a
cake pop , to keep you going. One of the girls made them, got the recipe in one of those baking mags. Very trendy
now :cake::cake:

Seems so. I checked out a couple of YouTube videos about how to make them and my own verdict is that they look very sickly. I'm over the whole cupcake craze. Now, there's nowt like some home made mincie pies this time of the year. I could eat tons of them, until the 1st January, and then I can't bear the sight of them till the following November!

cup cakes don't do anything for me - i like ooeygooey but not a mountain of it on top of a tiny cake. i also have a built in aversion to the 'in' thing. just think people are like a load of sheep. lol

Oh yes janie, they're yummy. On sticks with lovely coverings. Just the thing in the afternoon for a quick cuppa and a
cake pop , to keep you going. One of the girls made them, got the recipe in one of those baking mags. Very trendy
now :cake::cake:

Here is a video to show how to make them.....looks easy:happy:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JpIifr0VOxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not into trendy either, but if they make them, i eat them. Young girls not long married, love all that
entertaining etc etc etc

I've said it before. Cupcakes with all that **** piled on top make me vom. That Dr Oetker ad thats running on TV at the mo with the couple shoving all sorts of crap on a cake makes me want to hurl up (I fancy the bloke though... Woof).

Cake pops are just an extension of this. Stop messing about with food for gods sake. That Heston Blumenthall thing where he makes everything enormous repulsed me too. So wasteful and disrespectful to food. Disgusting.

Have you seen what Heston "The Chemist" Blumenthall has done to Waitrose Christmas puddings, cakes and mince pies? He's only gone and put Seville oranges in them, round them, beneath them and dusted them with "pine" sugar, whatever that is!

Have you seen what Heston "The Chemist" Blumenthall has done to Waitrose Christmas puddings, cakes and mince pies? He's only gone and put Seville oranges in them, round them, beneath them and dusted them with "pine" sugar, whatever that is!

Vile and pretentious.

Give me a good old fashioned fairy cake with whipped cream on top!

They last no time in this house!

in my day they were 'butterflies' - slice the top off a fairy cake, cut in two and stick them in a small dollop of buttercream.

in my day they were 'butterflies' - slice the top off a fairy cake, cut in two and stick them in a small dollop of buttercream.

Yes Janie,we call them 'butterfly cakes' here too but I just use fresh cream rather than buttercream & then add the 'wings'.

I've said it before. Cupcakes with all that **** piled on top make me vom. That Dr Oetker ad thats running on TV at the mo with the couple shoving all sorts of crap on a cake makes me want to hurl up (I fancy the bloke though... Woof).

Cake pops are just an extension of this. Stop messing about with food for gods sake. That Heston Blumenthall thing where he makes everything enormous repulsed me too. So wasteful and disrespectful to food. Disgusting.

More American plop

They do this every year, they sell out really quickly & then start appearing on eBay for 250 quid, or something.......people really are quite idiotic sometimes! :taphead:

Latest posts

Back