Baked Bean Hummus

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
This is my BIL's recipe, he uses a couple of tins of value beans, I use supermarket own brand as you get more beans, less sauce in the tins. The important thing is to wash away the sauce.

You can use chickpeas but the BB gives a really nice taste and texture for a change.

I like to make this a couple of days ahead, which allows the flavours to develop.

HUMMUS
8 ozs Baked Beans, washed (Approx 1½ Large Tins)
2 tsp Cumin
2 Large Garlic cloves
2ozs Olive Oil
Good pinch of Cayenne
Salt & Pepper

2-3 fl ozs Lemon Juice
½ Small Tub Crème Fraiche

Process the top ingredients into a thick paste – add the lemon juice and crème fraiche in stages to get right texture & taste.

This is my BIL's recipe, he uses a couple of tins of value beans, I use supermarket own brand as you get more beans, less sauce in the tins. The important thing is to wash away the sauce.

You can use chickpeas but the BB gives a really nice taste and texture for a change.

I like to make this a couple of days ahead, which allows the flavours to develop.

HUMMUS
8 ozs Baked Beans, washed (Approx 1½ Large Tins)
2 tsp Cumin
2 Large Garlic cloves
2ozs Olive Oil
Good pinch of Cayenne
Salt & Pepper

2-3 fl ozs Lemon Juice
½ Small Tub Crème Fraiche

Process the top ingredients into a thick paste – add the lemon juice and crème fraiche in stages to get right texture & taste.
This sounds lovely and just what I need to use up several cans of beans that have been in my store cupboard for years now waiting ti be used up.

Latest posts

Back