Ooops! Roots alert to JR...... B and W show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mink

Registered Shopper
:mysmilie_466:I have seen Julia's roots before and always wonder why she doesn't try a zig zag parting or a parting on the opposite side to the camera. Or fix the roots! It looks particularly silly with those hair slides, bands etc.
I love her really

Iv noticed it for sometime. I think Julia is looking every bit mid 50s which makes me doubt, Elemis Decleor etc etc as she proclaims to use every beauty brand on qvc almost. She is still an attractive lady but for her age.

she is really starting to look. every bit her age. Having said that if i look like that when i reach 56 i'll be happy. My roots will be done!

I'm 57 and until about 18 months ago I really didn't look my age (according to most people I know). Now I can see that I'm on the slippery slope to 60 and my face is changing - subtley (sp ?) but irreversibly. So although I'll carry on using the various QVC lotions and potions I'm under no illusion that they will either turn back time or even slow it down. The best I can do now is look after my "whole" self properly and keep myself nicely groomed. Looking good for my age will do me fine.

I've got my hair coloured dark brown too and I sympathise with JR as to how fast roots appear. The difference between us though is that she can (probably) afford to have the roots re-done every week or so if needed.

I'm at that age of trying to look good for my age and I think grooming is the key (don't manage it too often) but keep trying. Jewellery helps, and brighter coloured clothes too. But the best tip is to keep smiling! People really notice your manner more than appearance I think.
As for roots - yes I have then too, but I don't appear on TV for rather large amounts of money.

Plus another difference, ericsmum, is you are not presenting on live television, another incentive for Roberts to take not of her roots. I think it makes a mockery of all those brands Julia proclamis to use, which to my knowledge is almost every single one of them, particularly thh hiher price ranges from Decleor, Gatineau and Elemis, which Julia states she uses religiously.

I dont get this " looks good for her age" that is said almost always about women.I just want to look good as a person,why does it always have to be assessed against my age.
I am 53 and I think I probably look what I am,but I take care of my skin,hair and appearance and if I look 53 then fine its what I am!
I hate these people that ask you to guess their age then get offended when you guess right or the T callers that ring and say I'm 65 but I look 50..all down to Liz Earle or whatever.
In my late teens I wanted to look older as I always had a baby face, so I would be thrilled at the age of 18 if someone thought I was 20 or over!!

Age 'tis a fickle thing!!

LS I also hate it when people ask you to guess their age, the sole purpose being. an ego boost.
I have been on a lot of medication in the last year and that coupled with being ill has really taken its toll and no amount of prestigious goo made any difference.

When i turned 40 i didn't handle it well. I said. to my late father "I don't want to get old", he replied "its better than the alternative" wise words.

LS I also hate it when people ask you to guess their age, the sole purpose being. an ego boost.
I have been on a lot of medication in the last year and that coupled with being ill has really taken its toll and no amount of prestigious goo made any difference.

When i turned 40 i didn't handle it well. I said. to my late father "I don't want to get old", he replied "its better than the alternative" wise words.

I always refuse to guess when people ask that. They hate it when you won't "play the game" with them. And if anyone asks mine then I give an immediate and direct answer. None of this coy messing about. Pathetic.

No amount of creams and potions can stop the ageing process but if using them makes you feel good that's no bad thing. I'm 70 and every time I look in the mirror I see my Mother looking back at me, and I realise I am looking my age these days. Huge day for us today 50th anniversary so must go and make myself look presentable with my ASDA face products etc.

The shocking thing about Piggy's roots is that they are grey along the whole parting which indicates she would be totally grey :eek: if she didn't colour her hair. We all get grey hair to some extent in middle age and I guess it's all down to genetics but I'm roughly the same age as JR and of course I have some grey now but it's dispersed randomly through my barnet so I disguise it with lots of highlights. With Piggy's income and her fondness for preening and swishing it about you would expect her to have her bonce taken care of more often. :rolleyes:

No amount of creams and potions can stop the ageing process but if using them makes you feel good that's no bad thing. I'm 70 and every time I look in the mirror I see my Mother looking back at me, and I realise I am looking my age these days. Huge day for us today 50th anniversary so must go and make myself look presentable with my ASDA face products etc.

Ooh well done on putting up with each other for so long BB :wink: many congratulations and have a fab celebration. :rock:

P.S. I'm sure your ASDA products are every bit as good as the expensive slap that Q peddle. :taphead:

Congratulations Bettyboo. What a wonderful occasion to be celebrating. Have a great day .

I sympathise with Julia's grey roots. Mine are too bad but I'm much darker than Julia and slightly younger. My problem is the blumming 98% grey/white streak by my right temple. It's a total mare to keep at bay. And I hate having my hair dyed. At my age you need your reading glass to while away the time reading a book. But of a no no when your head is plastered in gunk.

Julia still looks good though. I'm sure she'll be back with her roots done sharpish.

I don't really look my age but that's down to genes mainly and having a size 18 backside. Mind you I've been so poorly lately I've gone down two notches on the belt on my jeans.

Oh thank you :eek:) I feel like I'm knocking the latest bout on the head. Now to keep those inches off whilst keeping the cheeks on my face youthfully chubby.

BB - congrats! have a wonderful day :)

PP - or at the very least to slap on some of that touch up stuff they flog.

tink - feel better soon (((hugs))) i think both sets of cheeks go hand in hand unfortunately :cheeky:

I'd dont get the age thing because for instance based on my own age, what does the average 53 year old look like?? I don't know so I guess it's only down to opinion in the end....and maybe self esteem.

Latest posts

Back