Mally make up. Thoughts please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
The models and presenters always look lovely when they wear Mally .I am tempted to try it but would like your opinions first. I tried the lipglosses, once no better than the high street brands imo.
Have you used it? what do you think?

I bought one TSV a while ago and wasn't impressed, there wasn't a wow factor for me, but I know there are people who love it.

Personally I thinks its over rated. Her lip glosses are nice but don't stay on that long ( on me anyway )/ Her primer is no where near as good as Laura Geller's or Clarins Touche Eclat & I found her eyes pencils become quite scratchy when you have to start sharpening them. IMO Laura Geller's make up knocks spots off Mally.

It's OK. That's about the best of it. I've had a couple of TSVs from the range. One was very good, the other not so. Her mascaras/lipglosses and concealers I found to be excellent. Her foundations less so. The bullet proof eyeliner certainly wasn't on me, they can stick it on their hands and rub at it all they want - it WON'T come off them, but it's a different matter on an oily eyelid (but I do appreciate this is prob just me...). However, I thought the eyeshadows from the range were excellent and the blushes, while looking a little out there and bright in colour actually gave a lovely glow to the skin when applied sparingly :grin:

I agree that the presenters always look nice when they've had Mally and co do their make up - flawless.

I have never been tempted by any of Mally's products, I feel that her make up looks very heavy and more like stage faces rather then natural looking, imo everything about her made up faces looks bullet proof ...

I bought the "Try Me" a few weeks ago. Gawd knows why, 'cos I really didn't need any more make up.
But, apart from the lip gloss, which is 'orrible, I love it.

I use the concealer as a eye primer and the shadow stick is fantastic - it really does not budge/crease. I can put it on at 4 in the morning at it still there at 8 at night. It also seems to hold other colour, if I add a bit of powder shadow for instance.
The mascara is also brilliant, stays all day with no smudging, yet comes of easily when I want it to.
The eyeliner is O.K.. Actually find it better on the waterline or for tightlining, rather then as actual liner on the upper lid. But, think that's more the fact that I'm not great at applying liner.
The powder in the concealer compact, I use sparingly as a highlighter.

I love her eyeliners, on me they are bullet-proof, although I never put eyeliner on the waterline. I use them on upper lids and below lower lashes and it stays out all day, even though I suffer runny eyes.
I don't like any of t lipgloss type lipsticks on qvc, I prefer maybelline 16hr lipsticks.
I have a blusher which looks scary but it goes on very nicely.
I tried the mascara which lots of people rave about but wasn't that impressed, I found it came out clumpy.
I think if you pick and choose, you can get good stuff, but I'd say that of other qvc brands!

I like the Shimmer, Shape and Glow trio compact that was one of the first Mally products on QVC UK (and a couple of the powder blushes from TSVs have also looked lovely). I can't understand why they don't stock this anymore because it was supposed to be the main concept in the range. The matching bronzer trio wasn't any good, I returned it because there was no pay-off from the powders. Agree about the mascara, shadow stick in Trailblazing Brown from a TSV I use every day nearly to contour and I sometimes use powder shadow on top too. I like the evercolour liners because they come in lots of colours (I never need buy another black or brown pencil so pls stop putting them in sets!). I have a taupe shadow with eye base which works v well. I mostly buy from ebay once there's feedback here or on qvc about the component parts of a TSV. On the whole the range is over-priced imho!

The novelty of Mally's shouty presentation style has worn off now; I sky+ the hours and FF through most of it.

Jude xx

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the brow stick thing? I have ordered along with yesterday's xmas surprise. I have never tried her mascara and am fussy but I am intrigued. I also like the look of her pink blusher. Why is it though, that their models are already made up? They just re-apply. I don't like that. :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Never bought any of it.. But it gets very mixed reviews, which puts me off. I don't do black mascara for one. The other is the models etc can look like the Lady-boys Thailand when she had finished with them.

Mixed for me.
Mascara and ONLY starlight eyeliners - absolutely brilliant.
Foundation, primer and all that powder (not powder bumf) - rubbish and very slick marketing may I add.
Lip glosses don't last 5 mins. I did like her recent creme blusher though.
One excellent tip she gave though that DOES work - if you have the finishing powder, use it as an eyeshadow primer and it does stop creasing (thank god as I now have a use for it!!).
Hope that helps.
A

I have to confess I have had a lot of Mally make up in the past, not so much recently because I still have the items from before! I did get some compliments when I first started using it but now I've decided it is hit and miss as you say LE lover. I agree with the above posters on which bits are hit and miss. The primer is so so, you could get better for that price. Foundations not good! The loose 'powder' thing is not great, doesn't combat shine or give a soft focus on me. Never tried concealer. The clear gel that can be used instead of powder is a bit wierd but quite useful, better than the loose one and I haven't seen anything similar elsewhere. The mascara is good, better than a lot of the high street ones though not all, it does dry out quite quick so you end up sticking to the rule of dispose after 3 months because it stops working anyway. I think the eyeshadows and eyeliners are ok, although I don't like the non sharpening ones because they don't go on as well, and I don't like the shadow sticks as although it looks ok when on it drags when you apply. The shimmer shape and glow was good. I think the odd item is quite innovative and really quite good performance, but the foundations etc to be avoided. The lip glosses look really nice, but don't last long so have to keep re applying.

Cant speak for the make up obviously, but that Malkly gets on my T***, shouting through the television and whats this 'Miss Thing' ? thing she shouts all the time, what does that mean, is it some americanism like all the rest of the **** that comes out of that rentagob of a mouth. God I would like to backstictch that lady's mouth!!

Thank you, you've all saved me money. Will stick to what i have(heaven knows i've got enough).

I have to confess I have quite a few shadow stick from this range, some I've bought from ebay because the kits are getting too expensive on QVC, but this product really works for me. They go on well and stay put on me. I also bought the set of 10 liners last year which I love and will last me for ever. Her make=up style is abit extreme but a liner is a liner and you do what you want with it.
I use the mascara which I find stays black (with some the colour dulls) but I am yet to find a single brand that I can wear all day on the lower lashes without panda eye!
I've just gone for the 7 piece eye heroes because I love the highlighter wand and the brow stuff ( I have a duwop brow powder which is great and I use the stick over it as a wax sometimes but I can use it by itself). I noticed with the brow stick people complain its too thick. I have dark thick brows and I have no poblem but it is domed so you may struggle to get definition over a thin bit. not tried her primers so looking 4ward to giving the eye primer a go
I agree with some other comments here though that her complexion products are more hit and miss. The clear face defender I had in a kit went in the bin. I do have dry skin and never shine or get makeup melt so maybe thats why I found it crap. Her foundations have a strong yellow tone. I have the liquid from a TSV that has a matt finish. I do like it but for winter I need to blend it with my smashbox bb and its perfect texture and colour. The cancellation concealer is tricky. Its very solid and she piles it on something rotten in her demos. I find if you keep it warm and use sparingly it goes on fine but it always settles into lines and the powder makes no difference. I wouldn't buy this again but had it in a kit
Like all brands some winners some losers but very annoying how expensive her sets are and much better deals on QVCUSA.

The glosses are glosses! they're fine, often like the colours but dont generally like the serious high shine look. They dont dry the lips though so always a bonus.

I'm not keen. Given it a good go, but nothing special, despite the prices. For a similar price to Mally, you could buy makeup from MAC or Clinique. I also don't buy the bulletproof claims. Just look at her hand next time she's rubbing at the eyeliner drawn on the other hand.....her hand isn't flat. It's cupped slightly, meaning she's not really rubbing at the product. Moving very rapidly too, presumably so we don't notice.

I'm not keen. Given it a good go, but nothing special, despite the prices. For a similar price to Mally, you could buy makeup from MAC or Clinique. I also don't buy the bulletproof claims. Just look at her hand next time she's rubbing at the eyeliner drawn on the other hand.....her hand isn't flat. It's cupped slightly, meaning she's not really rubbing at the product. Moving very rapidly too, presumably so we don't notice.
I don't understand them trying to fool us - it will only increase their returns. Being honest equals less returns

I relly like the Mally items that i use (Mascara - best ever, adjustable coverage foundation, blusher and the skin finisher) but as others have said, pick & choose what works for you....i dont like some of her other stuff

Bit mixed for me too, like the others.
I do like the mascara, very black & doesn't budge. Unlike the liners which don't last above an hour on me.
I've bought three of the TSVs, one of which got returned. Didn't like the liquid foundation, bought fair but still looked tangoed. But I did like the TSV that was a primer, compact makeup & loose powder. There were umpty complaints that it was too ghostly but it matched my deathly pallor perfectly & looked really good with s bit of blusher.

I love, love the lipgloss. Know it doesn't last forever but the colours are gorgeous & I don't mind keep applying. The blushers aren't a patch on LG.

Latest posts

Back