Strictly 2012 17th Novemeber Wembley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally agree Donna.They all look forward to it and i dread it. Too much space and too much fancy lighting.

Are the judges watching the same show as me. Lisa was so over praised. and overmarked.

And what's with the singers tonight?

Denise and danni the best so far imo.

Last edited:
Are the judges watching the same show as me. Lisa was so over praised. and overmarked.

And what's with the singers tonight?

Denise and danni the best so far imo.

Cant agree more about the singers, totally off a lot of the time. I know its a massive venue and I certainly couldnt do any better but they are professionals arent they

Denise really is the judges favourite. Like I said last week, I can't see anyone beating her. I really like Kimberley and want her to win, but she will need to pull a rabbit out the hat to topple Denise. I can't stand the Wembley shows, I missed so many steps when the camera pans right back as its so big. Agree that the singers seem different this series.

Okay, Denise was really really good. But I hated the music, Charleston needs fast up beat.

Dani, was under marked big time.

HATED, Victoria's Paso and the music. Her time is up and she really needs to go. I think her and Richard in the dance off.

Louis, not sure I liked the dance, but blame Flavia for it.

Kimberly, fun but Dani was better.

Actually liked Nicky's jive. Thought he has hurt himself when he jumped off the judges' desk.

Some overmarking again tonight. Denise and James deserved to be top. How they can mark Lisa higher than Louis I will never know.I thought Victoria and Richard were not good. Imo the camera work was dreadful, at times I couldn't even see the couples and again the music was somewhat odd.

Camerawork & cutting was migraine-inducing on the opening dance & don't get me starded on those long shots....why do them when we want to see the dancing? And don't get me started on the godawful light effects on the floor while Michael & Natalie were dancing, surprised it didn't put them off.

Seems that they learnt their lesson from last year & concentrated most of the dancing on the platform which was better but surely they have a studio the show could fit in at Salford Quay?

Richard must go this week, I seem to remember Russell Grant went on the Wembley show last year. After last week's shock I think there is a danger Louis could be in the dance-off as he is 3rd from bottom on the leaderboard.

Completely agree with all these comments. Brucie and Tess sounded as though they were shouting from a bathroom.

I loathed Denise Van Outen's 'Charleston' music too. Some of the musical arrangements were diabolical - that mish mash of Queen was toe-curling.

Louis' music sounded as though someone had faded up the click track - a sort of modern day metronome - by accident???

Mixed feelings on this week's efforts:

Denise & James - brilliant, v original routine, superbly executed, odd choice of music but they made it work IMHO!

Dani & Vincent - hhmm, not sure, I felt Dani was rather overwhelmed & was holding back a little compared to previous performances, many of her steps seeming a little short/small & somewhat hesitant? Good but not fab!

Victoria & Brendan - awful music, awful routine, 'nuff said!

Richard & Erin - so dull I've forgotten it already, pretty averagely awful though as I recall!

Louis & Flavia - oh dear, what was Flavia thinking, just......weird!

Kimberley & Pasha (sic) - maybe not as much content as Louis' routine when he did the same dance but brilliantly done & really hit the spot mood wise, a great effort!

Nicky & Karen - he tried, bless him & it wasn't bad....just not great!

Lisa & Robin - oh FGS, no way was she deserving of that level of praise & those marks, stomping about like a flat footed whatsit & appeared to be 'glued to the floor' on occasions, bl**dy awful IMHO!

Michael & Natalie - now that was an American Smooth, go Michael & you really nailed those lifts!

Pictorial lights on floor made me feel a little queasy & camerawork was fairly diabolical.....they weren't all moving that fast but cameramen seemed to be chasing them round the floor half the time! *sigh*

Victoria & Richard for the dance off, too close to call as to who will get the Strictly boot though!

That is why I hate Wembley as well, the judges go nuts with the marking. Not sure if they are worried about 6000 people going ape on them?????

Okay, I have to say it. Lisa is not as good as her marks suggest. Noticed this a few weeks now, its fun but not deserving of the high marks she gets.

On ITT, Russell Grant was saying it does not matter that Denise was professionally trained in the past. She is brilliant and deserves her marks.

I wonder whether they do this Wembley thing as a way of showing how the show looks when it tours?
If they do, then it's not enticing me to buy a ticket.
The whole thing is just a mess. Hate it.
Agree with all comments about lights being off putting.
Didn't like the music for James ' and Denise charlsten, though reluctantly admit that they danced it well. But I can't take to her and don' t want her to win.
Victoria and Richard for bottom two.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I hated the Wembley thing last year so didn't watch last night.

You didn't miss much, (apart from Denise & James' rather original & very entertaining it has to be said routine!) - most of it was bordering on car crash TV you needed to watch with your hands over your face, peeping through the cracks in your fingers! :angel:

Didn't like the camera work or the lighting, had to keep looking away. Hope they don't go there again, think it's too big for the telly.

glad it's not just me, and not just last night for me either, I'm finding the light patterns on the floor most distracting..

last night - Denise about the best (I so wish I could like her!) - Louis, brill, but he so seldom smiles, it's like he's elsewhere. Nicky was good too, for me, Victoria, oh dear, my bottom two Vic & Richard but at least R has a personality, V is just beautiful! Michael good too, and Kimberley obviously..let's hope she's not in the bottom two this week!

The entire music selection and arrangement all the way to the last 2 songs were downright awful in delivery. Flavia blew it with her choreography though but agree, Lisa made so many mistakes towards the end that I was surprised she got those marks. Actually, come to think of it a great deal of the routines were a bit odd except MV's who really did perform to the location.

I did think that trying to replicate the studio with the band is wrong. They should put the band in the centre then it shouldn't sound like a bathroom! Actually, just dump Wembly completely.

Latest posts

Back