Put them on the Piano!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
Not the first time that Iv heard Pippa suggest this. Clearly she must have a piano and think that many other viewers will have one too. Its quite annoying here her say it, like as if she just assumes everyone has the same lifestyle as she.

As Pipa is a musician I would imagine she does have a piano.

Lots of people have pianos in all walks of life, especially if someone in the family is talented, it doesn't require a specific lifestyle?

Not the first time that Iv heard Pippa suggest this. Clearly she must have a piano and think that many other viewers will have one too. Its quite annoying here her say it, like as if she just assumes everyone has the same lifestyle as she.

She's not really assuming that everyone has a piano though, is she? It's just a suggestion... like saying you could put it in the hall or on a shelf.

As Pipa is a musician I would imagine she does have a piano.

Lots of people have pianos in all walks of life, especially if someone in the family is talented, it doesn't require a specific lifestyle?

I've only just come home from visiting an old friend - she has a piano and plays it regularly. It's not a great big black shiny one, it's an upright one and she gets a lot of pleasure from it.

Now, she isn't 'minted', she isn't a show-off, she is just an average pensioner living in her bungalow and enjoying one of her passions.

I don't have children but I don't take offence if the presenters mention kids or a nursery. I don't have horses but I don't mind hearing about those either... even my hallway isn't big enough for a table for flowers or Bethlehem Lights... but I don't take that personally either.

None of the things the presenters say are personal or intended to cause offence... if someone does find these lifestyle suggestions offensive then that probably says more about them and how they feel about themselves than about how the presenters do their jobs.

Sorry if that sounds prissy, it's just that I can't see the harm in these comments.

I live in a two bedroom terrace. We have a piano in the back room. An old pub style Joanna, that's a bit out of tune. It rarely gets played, but I'd not part with it for the world.

Doubt Pipa was suggesting many of us have Liberace style glossy grand pianos.

Imagine if everyone who doesn't celebrate christmas got offended each time that was mentioned. No mention of Chanukah presents or
Diwali . Am i offended not a jot.

There was a piano at each of my grandparents' homes & several other relatives when I was a child. One granddad worked on the factory floor at an aero engine factory and the other was a print typesetter. Not exactly fancy families!

I grew up with a piano as mum was very talented and her sister had one. Would love one now and have a tinkle in music shops.

I never said she mentioned paino out of wealth, I was just saying the proportion of people owning a piano to say a hall table must be about 100-1 so seemed odd to keep suggesting it, thats all.

Latest posts

Back