PICK OF THE DAY Tablet show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Why on the 1pm tablet show did they not put the limited stock sign on the screen , instead they said half way thru the show that theres only 2% stock left completly out of the blue seems very unfair people sat in queues on the fone. I thought the rule was when theres only 10% stock left they made it limited stock.

Was abit odd how they said the while stock lasts had only just been deliverd to the studio not long before going on air however it was fully charged and had all janices pictures on there.

I have set up a thread that I hope the moderator will let through.
I used to work for Ideal World as a floor manager, and want to answer all questions like this in the thread.
As a floor manager I would look after guests/presenters, manage the shows, products, look after health and safety in the studio and be in contact with directors and producers throughout the show.

The Answer to your question:

Janice gets sent the product in advance to get to grips with it and learn its specific functionality. When she is happily prepared, either she charges it up in the green room, in case it goes to air, or gives it to a floor manager to charge up backstage in case it has to go to air.
All of the pictures and media which Janice demonstrates are kept on a personal SD card of hers. She transfers this SD card between all the tablets she demos on air. This is how the pictures and other media are there quickly, because she has the card with her at all times. When at Ideal World, Janice will be prepping at least 3 products for shows coming up that day or in the near future. She works extremely hard and is one of the most professional guests I have ever met.

That always comes over when she's on screen. She must be one of their key assets.

Thanks pdsalford, I'm glad you agree. I have no reason to be falsely positive now I've left. But she is a very hard worker. Getting into the studios at 7am and leaving at 1am many times.

I never watch IW. There is no way I would a tablet from them in case there was a problem with it; I couldn't be confident that they would take steps to make sure it was ok. QVC is definitely no risk shopping; if ever I have had a problem, they have made sure it is sorted out, doing whatever is necessary to ensure the end result is a happy and more than satisfied customer. Doesn't surprise me in the least at IW's failure to warn the customer of a limited stock situation. What an amateurish set up!

I think there are alot of people that have had trouble with QVC aswell tbf and at least IW didnt give out the wrong details like QVC did with the Acer tablet.

Latest posts

Back