Hello I'm new

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
I watch bid and pricedrop and sometimes Ideal World. I tend to watch when the adverts are on, or I'm doing the ironing. I've noticed that bid and pricedrop seem to be going downhill and the bargains we used to get are no longer. I've read your comments on here before I registered and agree with them all. I was starting to wonder if I was getting a bit cranky in my middle age.

I too dislike James Russell and find Peter Simon a bit irritating, and I'm rapidly going off Peter Sherlock who used to be my favourite. I look forward to meeting you all officially (I seem to have got to know you by reading your posts)

I watch bid and pricedrop and sometimes Ideal World. I tend to watch when the adverts are on, or I'm doing the ironing. I've noticed that bid and pricedrop seem to be going downhill and the bargains we used to get are no longer. I've read your comments on here before I registered and agree with them all. I was starting to wonder if I was getting a bit cranky in my middle age.

I too dislike James Russell and find Peter Simon a bit irritating, and I'm rapidly going off Peter Sherlock who used to be my favourite. I look forward to meeting you all officially (I seem to have got to know you by reading your posts)

Welcome to the forum, please do post any examples of blatant lying and exaggeration if you can. You shouldn't have to look too hard but if you catch Peter Simon, Peter Sherlock, Caroline Lyndsay, Mike Mason, Nicola George and of course James Russell they may provide you with such material.

Welcome again.

Hi Hillary and welcome
I'm new here too an I've been made to feel very welcome
Like you, I wondered if I was just becoming less tolerant as I mature but once I read these threads, these lovely people were saying exactly what I was thinking!
Join in and have fun xx

Hi Hillary and welcome
I'm new here too an I've been made to feel very welcome
Like you, I wondered if I was just becoming less tolerant as I mature but once I read these threads, these lovely people were saying exactly what I was thinking!
Join in and have fun xx

Welcome to you too deedee. If you do ever feel less tolerant, or like me miserable and grumpy perhaps I might suggest you buy yourself some worry angels. They helped save Peter Simon's life when he has at death's door so they must be good.

"Worries and concerns are part of our day to day life. Let the angels help you! These small worry angels are ideal to carry in your bag or pocket to be touched by an angel when you are troubled or worried, or you just need some peace of mind. They make a perfect angel gift to a dear friend in need of some enlightenment, or someone you love".

worry angels.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to you too deedee. If you do ever feel less tolerant, or like me miserable and grumpy perhaps I might suggest you buy yourself some worry angels. They helped save Peter Simon's life when he has at death's door so they must be good.

"Worries and concerns are part of our day to day life. Let the angels help you! These small worry angels are ideal to carry in your bag or pocket to be touched by an angel when you are troubled or worried, or you just need some peace of mind. They make a perfect angel gift to a dear friend in need of some enlightenment, or someone you love".

View attachment 8351

I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and advice, it's so kind and touching that you'd recommend worry angels for me.
However, I should let you know that I totally rely on my faith fairies for my inner peace, emotional well-being, to lighten my darkness, straighten out bumpy roads I encounter through my journey of life and generally to lessen the burden of worries and woes and stresses and strains.
I carry them with me wherever I go; in my pocket, in my handbag, in the car, they are always there working hard for me and sorting out my life. One day I may need them to save my life and I just know they'll be there for me.

How did I do??? almost convincing???!!!!

I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and advice, it's so kind and touching that you'd recommend worry angels for me.
However, I should let you know that I totally rely on my faith fairies for my inner peace, emotional well-being, to lighten my darkness, straighten out bumpy roads I encounter through my journey of life and generally to lessen the burden of worries and woes and stresses and strains.
I carry them with me wherever I go; in my pocket, in my handbag, in the car, they are always there working hard for me and sorting out my life. One day I may need them to save my life and I just know they'll be there for me.

How did I do??? almost convincing???!!!!

Very good, maybe you should consider a career at Bid Shopping.

You'd have to lay it on a bit thicker than that though I fancy :wink:

Take James Russell right now for example, the insincere bull just effortlessly flows from his every pore.

Last edited:
Very good, maybe you should consider a career at Bid Shopping.

You'd have to lay it on a bit thicker than that though I fancy :wink:

Take James Russell right now for example, the insincere bull just effortlessly oozes from his every pore.

Right, more insincerity, ok I'll try harder!!
Thanks for the feedback!!

Thank you all for your welcome. It's a relief to know I'm not the only one. I certainly will watch out for things to pass on the the ASA. I haven't bought anything from bid or pricedrop for ages. The last thing I bought was a 2-pack of duvet covers. When I got them unwrapped they were cheap and nasty, seams badly finished, already undoing and when I held one up the light I could see the house across the road through it! I sent them back and got a refund. I went to ASDA and bought 2 good quality covers for the price of postage on the shoddy ones.

Last Christmas caligraphy sets they were selling, were only £5 on our High St (half the price of postage let alone the 'genuine bargain price' they wanted) Perfumes half the channels price, Baylis and Harding gift sets £3 in SAVERS and Slazenger watches £5 in B&M.

Thank you all for your welcome. It's a relief to know I'm not the only one. I certainly will watch out for things to pass on the the ASA. I haven't bought anything from bid or pricedrop for ages. The last thing I bought was a 2-pack of duvet covers. When I got them unwrapped they were cheap and nasty, seams badly finished, already undoing and when I held one up the light I could see the house across the road through it! I sent them back and got a refund. I went to ASDA and bought 2 good quality covers for the price of postage on the shoddy ones.

Last Christmas caligraphy sets they were selling, were only £5 on our High St (half the price of postage let alone the 'genuine bargain price' they wanted) Perfumes half the channels price, Baylis and Harding gift sets £3 in SAVERS and Slazenger watches £5 in B&M.

Can anyone explain why bidtvbs has clicked like and dislike for this post? I'm fairly new, is it a way of saying you find things bland or ambiguous?

probably by mistake, I had supposedly put two dislikes on a couple of peoples post, I certainly didn't intentionally do it, and one was on a thread I can't remember even looking at before! I thought someone had somehow managed to hack in, but then realised I'd been using my tablet computer for a few days and it's so easy for your fingers to slip, but it seems funny that it's happening to others. I don't know how it's done but I seem to remember it happening before.

It's so funny looking back at old posts from subsequently liked and respected tellyshoppers who seemed not totally sure about Bid (and charmingly naive) . In fact that post isn't that old is it? (Nov 2012)

Hillary, you are a queen on here. It's so funny to read your opines about Sit Up but your opinion about them seems to have dropped, and dropped, and that's disapointing :grin:

Make sure you hang around, I honestly find your posts hilarious :grin:

Last edited:
Thanks to you both. I am still finding my way around the forum so need all the explanations I can get. I find (Wirral) that just lately the station has got a lot worse It's probably just me, but I find some of it most uncomfortable watching. I used to really like Sophie when she was an assistant but now she is getting really loud and pushy. I used to also love Charlie, but he has disappeared again

Latest posts

Back