ASA rulings....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just been on bids ebay site i couldnt believe my eyes most of the stuff up for auction is with free p&p and you just buy with a click no £1.53 phone call . i thought it would cost the same to deliver goods from there branch weather it was from the net or on a phone call , this needs sorting the other night they sold and eletric bike with £9.99 postage which is could be justifield as to the weight and bulk etc then sold a nasty pair of earrings with a postage of £7.99 NOT JUSTIFIED!!!!

Just been on bids ebay site i couldnt believe my eyes most of the stuff up for auction is with free p&p and you just buy with a click no £1.53 phone call . i thought it would cost the same to deliver goods from there branch weather it was from the net or on a phone call , this needs sorting the other night they sold and eletric bike with £9.99 postage which is could be justifield as to the weight and bulk etc then sold a nasty pair of earrings with a postage of £7.99 NOT JUSTIFIED!!!!

They sell on Amazon too but they are much more expensive on there. You can see all the regular shytte.

Bid just come up with different ways to bend the rules ---- use them for as long as they can until the ASA tell them to stop...

It's like a teacher telling off an unruly pupil! Carry on, nothing to see here.

I have only watched the channels for a while so have only ever experienced the appalling spectacle it is now.

What was it like when Virgin Media owned them, were they any more reputable then?

I have only watched the channels for a while so have only ever experienced the appalling spectacle it is now.

What was it like when Virgin Media owned them, were they any more reputable then?

Going back a good few years, when Earnshaw was a lad and Tommy and Kate weren't even born, they were good fun and believe it or not, had good quality items that you wanted.

I've only started watching again recently and boy what a shocker the place is now. They've slid from Debenhams to Poundland.

Indeed but all the ASA say is don't do it again.

I think we can all agree that they do.

When the ASA tell them not to do something, they will listen, as it can get escelated much further. If you look at the intempo evolve complaint on there ( http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2011/12/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_171720.aspx ) that was down to me, and they don't do it anymore in the style which they did.

Another of my complains got with held, and will be on there on the first week of December.

When the ASA tell them not to do something, they will listen, as it can get escelated much further. If you look at the intempo evolve complaint on there ( http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2011/12/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_171720.aspx ) that was down to me, and they don't do it anymore in the style which they did.

Another of my complains got with held, and will be on there on the first week of December.

Indeed, I am sure they will take measures not to repeat a particular 'mistake' but we all know how many of these 'mistakes' they make on a huge range of products.

But I applaud you for complaining, I am getting very close to doing so myself.

Last time I saw the sales pitch for their Jean Paul Dupont Burning Rome (or whatever it's called), the presenter threw in the phrase "Specially created for us" so they are modifying their behaviour based upon ASA rulings or other complaints. However there still seems to be plenty of wriggle room for some highly dubious sales tactics; in other words, Peter Simon :wink:

(Also noted the "Made in UAE" now displayed prominently on the packaging, so Jean Paul Dupont is probably even less French than Tommy and Kate...)

Indeed, I am sure they will take measures not to repeat a particular 'mistake' but we all know how many of these 'mistakes' they make on a huge range of products.

But I applaud you for complaining, I am getting very close to doing so myself.

I totally agree, however the more really bad ones we can get with held, the less money they will be getting. Also, please do complain! The more people who complain, the more they will listen :)

I totally agree, however the more really bad ones we can get with held, the less money they will be getting. Also, please do complain! The more people who complain, the more they will listen :)

Benny I can't believe you actually went to the effort of complaining, I thought you loved everything about sit up.

I'm pretty sure that nearly every auction of Bid could be reported to ASA - some of the complaints on the ASA site I've seen them do many many times.

It just emphasises how dreadful Sit-up have become.

Howard on ideal world just they (shopping channels) are not ALLOWED to mislead, well Howard bidtv (situp channels) do.

Howard on ideal world just they (shopping channels) are not ALLOWED to mislead, well Howard bidtv (situp channels) do.

Howard is of course correct but, much like QVC, he works for a reputable shopping channel that have very good compliance records and care about the rules.

Good for you Benny for going to the ASA! :rock:

Your my Bid TV hero! :heart:

I have also lodged a complaint with the ASA regarding selling tactics (ok misleading viewers!!) I don't know whether it'll do any good but maybe the ASA will take notice if more and more of us complain?
I'll keep you posted

Latest posts

Back