How are the demos done? Answered

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TimeForTheTruth

Guest Shopper
Ex ideal world employee as stated in previous posts.
As a floor manager, one of my jobs was to prepare all the on-air demos.

Many claim they are faked or not done properly. Now is the chance to find out for sure.

What is on the bissel carpet?
The karcher slabs that get cleaned are fake?!
How does the car for karcher cleaning apparently "get dirty" 3 times a show?
Does showroom shine really work?
What dirtys the showroom shine panels?
Is the food in the halogen ovens real?

I get asked it all the time and also hear false claims or suggestions all the time.
If there's one person on here that knows, it's me.

Ask away!

Ooh, this is interesting. OK, what do they use to gunge up the hobs when demonstrating the Polti steam cleaner and does Showroom Shine really work?

Ooh, this is interesting. OK, what do they use to gunge up the hobs when demonstrating the Polti steam cleaner and does Showroom Shine really work?

The hob is dirtied with gravy browning and water and left to dry. The polti demos are about the only ones that aren't real, just due to the feasibility of actually getting hard on burnt oven trays constantly.
The gravy browning is just squirted on from a normal squirty bottle. As you can imagine this just wipes off really easily. However I will admit I have a polti 950 and it works the same on real grease, just not quite as quick.

Showroom shine, as all the presenters say is actually amazing! I have a whole cupboard of it at home that Simon Iles gave me. The backstage crew using it to clean all the products before air, the glass tables etc. All the showroom shine demos of the tar and paint are 100% real. The only slight cheat is when they are demoing on the panels indoors. Believe it or not they actually "dirty" the panels using showroom shine. If you spray it and leave it, it drys white and makes the panels look dirty. Then they just spray more showroom shine on and buff it up and it looks immaculate.

Does this help? :)

Keep asking!

Brilliant, thank you TFTT. Welcome to the forum by the way, it's really good of you to give us all this info. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Brilliant, thank you TFTT. Welcome to the forum by the way, it's really good of you to give us all this info. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

No problem. As I have said on other posts. I'm not here to defend or slate Ideal World, but I had a look on here out of curiosity and saw so many lies, and presumptions and I just wanted to put them right.

Be honest TFTT, how many products did you find yourself buying from IW yourself and did any of them turn out to be a bit crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back