Something fishy here

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

natalie

Registered Shopper
Adam H told everyone that an ikasu dvd player was going to be a megadrop so knowing this i thought right i will put a web bid in which i did do and was shocked to see i could bid £80 the start price. Anyway said thank you and ive got a screen shot saying you are a winner, However im not on the winners list and i did notice before they brought it in at £1 it has somehow managed to go to £80.80 which isnt posible when the item only started at £80.

Did anyone else have this issue. Just to make sure i tried to buy once gone to £1 and was told i had already placed a higher bid.

Now i know web bids are cancelled if they are below the now at price when it drops but surley i won it the second the product opened.

Last edited:
Yes i put web bid in for £80 (which i didnt think it would accept)but it did,what they did was start auction higher than £80 and they megadropped it that means everyone who bid £80 would not get it,how can they get away with this sort of thing surely it must be illegal,also i tried to get on live auction but they seemed to have blocked web access to that too,we really should make a issue of this but they will only put you through to india and that is a waste of time.anyone know how to contact someone from sit up in uk????

Had the same problem last weekend, bid on an ikasu 4gb (ipod lookalike thing!) at maximum price and never recieved it either.

Yes i put web bid in for £80 (which i didnt think it would accept)but it did,what they did was start auction higher than £80 and they megadropped it that means everyone who bid £80 would not get it,how can they get away with this sort of thing surely it must be illegal,also i tried to get on live auction but they seemed to have blocked web access to that too,we really should make a issue of this but they will only put you through to india and that is a waste of time.anyone know how to contact someone from sit up in uk????

Yes Legally they shouldnt be able to up the price by 80p just so we dont get it. Ive got a screen shot saying you are a winner. Going to sit-up is useless we should look to complain to other organisations such as the ASA or trading standards. The more of us who complain the more chance they will do something about it.

Has anyone had an e-mails yet? for anything.

Hi again.

I have just checked my e-mail and i have got 3 e-mails all from the sit-up service desk instead of from bid tv's e-mail system.

1 for a web exclusive
1 for a megadrop
and 1 item i bought last week is finally on its way.

Yes Legally they shouldnt be able to up the price by 80p just so we dont get it. Ive got a screen shot saying you are a winner. Going to sit-up is useless we should look to complain to other organisations such as the ASA or trading standards. The more of us who complain the more chance they will do something about it.

Has anyone had an e-mails yet? for anything.

I just telephoned head office and asked to speak to someone with authority in uk but was told no one here and had to phone cs,i said what about ian percivil and other executives she said you would have to write in,she asked what problem was i explained last nights megadrop situation and i was going to contact consumer direct or trading standards,she did not seem bothered at all,this company is getting very bad to deal with,it may well help if we all complain to trading standards in london area and they could investigate these people.

complaints should go to:
Office Fair Trading...... [email protected]
Westminster Trading Standards (who deal with Acton where they're based) said speak to OFT as its 'mail order', also I recall when 'Aution World' sunk OFCOM were also involved (phone bidding) ...maybe ITC (Independant Television Council) also.
Virgin Media do not take any responsibility for Sit-up.(operating independantly)

Sit up needs to learn that the people that watch the auctions are not all mindless idiots who shot money at them for sometimes useless tat

Latest posts

Back