Missing cat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
I am starting to get really worried now as Misty my 11 year old semi feral kitty hasn't been home for 4 days and nights now.
I wouldn't be so concerned if it was summer as she often goes"walk about" for 3 or 4 days but as she has gotten older during the winter or while we are having bad weather she ALWAYS comes in to the conservatory where she has her nice warm bed and her food.
We have has some of the worse weather in living memory in Cornwall over the last couple of days so she would have come home if she was able.
She is micro chipped but I don't but a collar on her as she once got it caught under her front leg. Luckily I found it and no damage was done but ever since I have been worried that if it happened while she was "gone walk about" it might really hurt her.
I am going to make some posters and put them up in the morning, but if you could all send you wonderful healing / come home Misty vibes out to her I know it will help.

Misty

1057.jpg

Oh poor you madmax. My hopey went missing for 16 days. Behind our house is a building site, and i think when she was being nosey she
must have fell in somewhere and couldn't get out. I got posters printed and put up, and my partner and son searched it loads of times,
and not sight nor sound of her. I was feeling really bad and giving up, and one day she just walked in, giving of, as if it was my fault she
was lost. Think she'd got stuck and in the 16 days she lost weight, so was then able to climb out. She was very ill and sick, and after a
trip to the vets and anitbiotics she was fine, and never gone missing again. I also have a collar on her and bells, so we can hear her, and
she got her leg caught in her old collar, must be a familiar problem. But i'll be thinking of you and Misty, and hopefully she'll come home
soon. Positive thoughts and vibes from me and Hopey x

I hope Misty turns up very soon Madmax, I know how awful it feels when they disappear for days at a time & you start to fear the worst. xx

Don't despair though; you say the weather has been bad for the last few days, so she may well be holed up somewhere warm & dry, she's 11 years old & as you say, semi feral, so she undoubtedly knows the area pretty well & knows where to find food if she's caught out away from home in prolonged bad weather? She certainly looks the sort to know how to take care of herself but is very pretty with it! xx

I'm sending out 'come home' vibes MM. I've had a couple of cats go walkabout in my time and it's a horrible thing to have to go through. The longest one of them was gone was 3 weeks. I thought I'd never see her again, but she wandered in one day a lot thinner but otherwise absolutely fine. Fingers crossed Misty comes home soon xx

Oh poor you and poor Misty. I hope she comes home really soon. I can't imagine how you must feel. I am frantic when they go for a few hours! I have heard lots of tales of them just wandering back in as though nothing has happened though. That'll be Misty soon enough you watch ;)

Keeping everything crossed for a speedy return Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

awwwww...so sorry to hear this madmax. i'm heartened to see the stories on here of cats going missing for several days. if she's semiferal and will go off for a few days in the summer, she obviously knows how to take care of herself. louis went missing for a week once and it was awful so i know how you feel. sending positive vibes (((hugs)))

Thank you for all of your kind thoughts and positive vibes for Misty. She had such a hard start to life and was such a tiny little scrap of a thing, who hated people with a vengeance when she first came to live with us I didn't think she would make it to the end of the week. I had to wear my thick winter coat and 2 pairs of thick gardening gloves (it was July) to hold her while my DD syringed food , water and her medication into her mouth, so she has done well to get this far.
It is raining yet again here this morning so I am clinging on to the fact that she has found herself a nice warm place to hide away.
It is only within the last 6 months that she has started to come in to the house she will now even come and sit on my lap with the dogs and has taken to sleeping in the airing cupboard with the "clean" sheets and towels.
I have printed and laminated 20 posters and will be putting them up around the village this morning in the hope that someone will have seen her.

Sorry to hear about Misty - sending positive thoughts and keeping fingers crossed here too.

There is still no sing of Misty and it is dark now, I have been round to all of my neighbours and asked them to check their sheds and garages, I have put up my posters on lamp posts and telegraph poles now I can only wait and pray that she comes home safe and sound.

Latest posts

Back