Guy Kean - Appalling Lies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
How's this for a whopper?

Guy Kean is flogging an indoor TV aerial. He claims that if you have Cable or Satellite and 'the cable get's cut or the dish blows down over christmas they won't come out to fix it' Fair enough, but he then said in the meantime you cannot use your existing aerial as it only picks up analogue signals.

WTF! He sold 76 at £4.99 + £7.99 + £1.53 which in the blink of an eye potentially brought in £1102.76, shame on you.

Last edited:
Guy's Digital TV Aerial.

Saw Guy selling a so call digital indoor TV Aerial a few minutes ago. Well, what an education it was! I have now discovered, that the (so called) old analogue TV aerial which many of us have perched on our chimneys, will not work with a digital TV. Also, if you use this fantastic device on an analogue TV, it allows you to receive digital TV on it. Well you live and learn!

Is this Guy person ignorant, or just telling us poor viewers utter bollocks to shift stock? It just never ends!!

So he's trying to tell us that if your cable or satellite gets knocked out, you can use a flimsy indoor aerial instead? Good grief, I can barely get mine to pick up freeview in the spare room! Ok, slight exaggeration, but I do have to fiddle around with it (sorry!) quite regularly!

So he's trying to tell us that if your cable or satellite gets knocked out, you can use a flimsy indoor aerial instead? Good grief, I can barely get mine to pick up freeview in the spare room! Ok, slight exaggeration, but I do have to fiddle around with it (sorry!) quite regularly!

Indeed, but not only that he implied you will need a new aerial as the one on the roof can only pick up analogue television!

LIES LIES LIES

Saw Guy selling a so call digital indoor TV Aerial a few minutes ago. Well, what an education it was! I have now discovered, that the (so called) old analogue TV aerial which many of us have perched on our chimneys, will not work with a digital TV. Also, if you use this fantastic device on an analogue TV, it allows you to receive digital TV on it. Well you live and learn!

Is this Guy person ignorant, or just telling us poor viewers utter bollocks to shift stock? It just never ends!!

Wow!!!!!! AMAZING, must go on line and snap one up......Oh bugger, don't need one as i don't have an old analogue tv...might just buy one anyway, you just never know when you'll need one!

Great minds think alike, I started a thread too as I also saw him spewing this complete load of excretion as well.

Whatever the reason this is yet another clear breach of the UK Code of Broadcast Advertising.

Great minds think alike, I started a thread too as I also saw him spewing this complete load of excretion as well.

Whatever the reason this is yet another clear breach of the UK Code of Broadcast Advertising.

I also want to know this...

Hi Wirral70

Looks like you just beat me to the punch on this one.

Lots of brick bats for these buggers lately!

Cheers.

I have submitted a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority so it probably isn't appropriate for me to comment further.

I have submitted a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority so it probably isn't appropriate for me to comment further.

I hope they act on it, cos from what I have read in other threads it seems a waste of time. :cheeky:

They will simply say it was presenter error! The problem is of course, there are just too many occasions where they can claim that is the case. The company deserves a very hefty fine at least by now, and be told to clean up their act, or it's the chop!!!

This is a huge problem Bid suffer from, especially when selling electrical items or technology. They just get it WRONG over and over again. I don't know if it's 'presenter error' but if so they need to have a technology expert in or only give technology to presenters who know what they're talking about - otherwise its massively unfair to the viewers.

People like Peter Simon saying that their cheap tablet is the 'latest of the Ipad' or claiming that that awful dongle they sell will "get you all the channels from Sky" - it's just misleading and wrong. And it happens over and over again on technology products.

This is a huge problem Bid suffer from, especially when selling electrical items or technology. They just get it WRONG over and over again. I don't know if it's 'presenter error' but if so they need to have a technology expert in or only give technology to presenters who know what they're talking about - otherwise its massively unfair to the viewers.

People like Peter Simon saying that their cheap tablet is the 'latest of the Ipad' or claiming that that awful dongle they sell will "get you all the channels from Sky" - it's just misleading and wrong. And it happens over and over again on technology products.

I agree, if you're a technophobe like me, I need assured guidance and not be led down a dark alley, or garden path

Sorry couldn't resist.

Kean.jpg

Latest posts

Back