L'Oreal to buy Urban Decay!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, its all over the beauty forums. UD has been owned by quite a few different companies over the years, they started in 1996. LVMH being one, they own quite a few high end brands and run them into the ground. They must be losing money to want to sell despite the Naked Palettes etc. Many saying they will no longer buy the products because of the parent company. The uproar over them going into the Chinese market, they had to backtrack and say they would not. I bought two eyeliner pencils earlier yesterday before I heard about the sale.

Does anyone know if Clarins is still an independent company ? I like a lot of their products and would hate to find out that they are owned by L' oreal.

Oh bottom! At 47 I have just decided to have a go at doing eye make up and I have just ordered UD basic palette and primer!

Oh bottom! At 47 I have just decided to have a go at doing eye make up and I have just ordered UD basic palette and primer!
Ooops well like someone said, I just can't keep up! I wouldn't be surprised if we found out one day that all of them are owned by 1 mega large company who has an abundance of animal testing labs & has children in China & India making all their items.
Someone posted that M&S has the bunny symbol on their creams so I may check them out & see if it's on their make up too.

My UD stuff turned up today and I am really impressed. As I am such a novice even I think I'll get along with it okay, the primer is a real eye opener (no pun intended).
My main worry was that I'd end up looking like Mrs Doubtfire, but the colours are so natural I don't look made up but just look like I've made a bit of an effort.

My UD stuff turned up today and I am really impressed. As I am such a novice even I think I'll get along with it okay, the primer is a real eye opener (no pun intended).
My main worry was that I'd end up looking like Mrs Doubtfire, but the colours are so natural I don't look made up but just look like I've made a bit of an effort.

Enjoy your make-up Dipper, you bought it in good faith at the the time & as others have said, it's virtually a full time job trying to keep up with who owns who! :cool: :sun:

Latest posts

Back