Ideal world Xmas song

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Has anyone seen the new IW Xmas song Silent Night? well i heard Loean mention something about her refusing to be in it. All proceeds are going to GOSH if her and Andy did refuse i find that really shocking , yes its cheesey but its for charity , I watched it on youtube and every presenter is on there except them two.

Has anyone seen the new IW Xmas song Silent Night? well i heard Loean mention something about her refusing to be in it. All proceeds are going to GOSH if her and Andy did refuse i find that really shocking , yes its cheesey but its for charity , I watched it on youtube and every presenter is on there except them two.

Did they? Wow, if that's true then how miserable of them! I would severely change my opinion of Loen if this is the case. Never been keen on Andy to start with but I thought Lo was great. I can't think of a more worthy cause than GOSH and personally if I was given ANY opportunity to raise money for them, I would take it. :nod:

I can't speak for the Loves of course, but there are many people who are unhappy with the amount of publicity given to GOSH. It is only one of many children's hospitals in the UK. Because they've chosen to use professional fundraisers (at a not inconsiderable cost), they get all the funding and other hospitals lose out. It's up to individuals which charities they choose to support and the way in which they give that support

Personally, I wouldn't buy the single as I've heard it so many times on-screen, I'd really rather never hear it again.

For me not as bad as other years, we no longer have Nigel May in Drag, and the song is better, Louise Perry i think thats her name, sounds really good.

The song still had a few cheesy moments dave b being kissed underr the mistletoe, and shaun by the tree, nice touch at the end with dean and martyn, plugging the lights on, and you see Ideal World House, CGI'd and snow.

As for Loen and Andy i guess it is there choice not to take part, like one or 2 of presenters on Q, didnt

I am an ex GOS nurse, so naturally I am all in favour of them but I feel it is the right of individuals to support the charities and causes that are dear to their own hearts. I have sympathy for many charities but I have to confess that don't give money to all of them.

Well it seems a bit mean of Andy and Loen what did thery hold out for the Vienna Boys Choir? It is, after all for a charity. The Loves were very conspicious by their abscence. Its hardly in the spirit of 'fun, family and friendship' to not participate. I like too that Zoe Anne and Hayley were included in the video sketch, new presenters but it was like they were being welcomed into the Ideal family. No Bibby either. I think those that didnt participate missed a good publicity opportunity, one time when its not all sell for the company, its for charity and I love Ideals annual song, it does seem to show 'Family, Friendship, Fun' tag and just pity that the ethos isnt more apparent yearround on Ideal.

Imo Andy and Loen are just Attention Seekers and would be lost in that crowd. They both like the limelight.The single isn't that bad, I have heard worse and fair play to them that gave their time to make it happen....

Andy love said on a show with dawn wheeler yesterday they wernt there because of some problem with the weather , I cant remember the exact words he said , there was a promo for the cd on that show & thats why he mentioned it i guess

I heard that too Madge, think it was the torrential rain we had a few weeks back that stopped them getting there.

I dont belive that about the weather at all, on other years presenters have been added on it separate clips why not on this one? plus they have the big pictures down the corridor of all the presenters why didnt they just show Andy and Loen then. I remember Loen made some very harsh comments about last years video and a mnth or so ago said on air theres no way she will do this years. They have no problem dressing up for there own private Xmas cards yet doing something for charity is clearly beyond them as soon one said coz its not all about them there not interested , i bet if Andy had have been asked to direct the video or loen to sing it they would have soon showed up,

Yes of course it's up to people to choose who to donate to and actively support, but it's a bit different to NOT do something easy and hardly even strenuous for a charity. What is it, do they actively NOT LIKE gosh? Feels to me a bit like the difference between filling out an online survey which would help a charity, when you're online all day, doing nothing much... compared to giving a tenner to the same charity which you may not actively support, or could afford. hope that makes sense? Can't stand Loen anyway after her utterly disgusting "my Mum uses incontinence pads" presentation to sell one more product, felt physically sick, the woman clearly doesnt respect anyone or anything :(

Oh my gosh, it's their prerogative to do it or not. Maybe they were on holiday at the time or something? I personally wouldn't have done it either, it's extremely cringe and just appearing in the video isn't going to raise anymore money than it would initially raise anyway:wonder:

I flicked over to IW the other day and caught Loen trying to shut Janice up by attempting to put her hand over her mouth :eek:

She was fooling around, as usual, pretending to be in a car and trying to get a camera man in the back, acting as the child. Janice was trying to get on with selling whatever it was but Loen was saying 'no, just a minute, wait.....'

I couldn't believe my eyes!

Sorry, that's nothing to do with the song :wonder:

I flicked over to IW the other day and caught Loen trying to shut Janice up by attempting to put her hand over her mouth

At last! Now all she needs to do is shut the rest of them up and I'll be happy.

If IW are anxious to give to charity, they should start by donating the profits from their premium rate phone numbers.

Last edited:
I wish Andy would hurry up and turn 40, jesus Loen mentions it on every show.

I loathe that expression "it's for charity"...just translates as "just do anything, doesn't matter about the quality"

As mentioned, if IW really wanted to something good they'd donate the ludicrous phone call charge to the cause.

QVC are the same with the Breast Cancer event each year. Why not vary the charities you give too?

Latest posts

Back