Another JPD story.......James Russell this time!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Yesterday James Russell was flogging the old JPD and with the new regime, there was none of the old BS which is fantastic, however, I did actually find myself feeling rather sorry for him at one stage, as there's only so much you can say to persuade people to spend money on an unheard of fragrance..He kicked off his presentation by statingthe obvious, ie that it was in a smart bottle, then went about trying to describe the smell. He started off ok, telling us what sort of fragrances he likes, ie the manly, rugged ones, how this one was just that, but after that, you could see he was struggling to think of anything else to say, so basically he just kept repeating himself. It seemed to go on for ages, the poor man just standing there saying "RUGGED", "MANLY" in a "MANLY" voice.....Then for some reason he said "It makes me want to go and screw something!" I hope he meant in the D.I.Y sense...but it was uncomfortable viewing. I found myself (almost) wishing they'd bring back the Bullsh*t lol!

I agree his pitch was somewhat desperate but I cannot stretch to having any sympathy for him.

He is right up there with the biggest BS'ers around (not quite in the same league as Peter Simon though, in my opinion).

"It makes me want to go and screw something!"

Perhaps it was his AAAA (sorry, extra small) tanzanite fleshlite he was thinking of. :puke:

I don't know anything about James Russell so apologies if I am totally wrong, but with some of the rubbish which comes out of his mouth, I doubt very much if he ever got an 'ology'

Last edited:
I don't know anything about James Russell so apologies if I am totally wrong, but with some of the rubbish which comes out of his mouth, I doubt very much if he ever got an 'ology'

he talks a lot about horology when he sells watches- does that count?

haha, best post of the day! Are you sure you're not Maureen Lipman from the old BT ads? :call: :mysmilie_508:

Latest posts

Back