Peter Sherlock and the prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
He's just been sitting on the floor in some kind of protest at the Karl Lagerfeld fragrance price being too low. Don't have a go at the viewers Peter, it's hardly anything to do with them :wonder:

Is he taking acting lessons?

He's just been sitting on the floor in some kind of protest at the Karl Lagerfeld fragrance price being too low. Don't have a go at the viewers Peter, it's hardly anything to do with them :wonder:

Is he taking acting lessons?

They know exactly how much each product's gonna sell for, and that includes the perfumes. There are some slight variations, but it's always going to be between x and y pounds, so why they have to try and act surprised/cross or a mixture of the two, beats me. In fact it beats me why they bother with all the pretence in the first place. It's no longer an auction channel. For the well known branded prodcuts they start with a price which is usually the highest retail price an item has ever sold for on the high street, give us the patter, then squawk, squawk, and a few quid comes off the price,a bit more patter until another couple of squawks come along and the price goes down to just above the price they've decided it's going for, a bit more patter, and along come the last squawks.At this stage, through the presenter's earpieces a person in the gallery is reminding them to act and look surprised/cross/ or a mixture of the two.(roll around the floor even, if that's what floats your boat!) If the product doesn't appear to be "flying out of the door" tell 'em we're putting a clock on, so we can hurry on to the next piece of tat! With unbranded items, see above only with the start price...pluck any amount out of the air!
I love the way they get all excited when there's a non stop drop, we're not going to finish this auction until either all the stock has gone, or the price has dropped to a pound, they act as though this is some wonderful thing, in the old days, this is how the channel ran all the time! Shouldn't moan too much though,as things seem to be getting a lot better than they were!

Last edited:
They know exactly how much each product's gonna sell for, and that includes the perfumes. There are some slight variations, but it's always going to be between x and y pounds, so why they have to try and act surprised/cross or a mixture of the two, beats me. In fact it beats me why they bother with all the pretence in the first place. It's no longer an auction channel. For the well known branded prodcuts they start with a price which is usually the highest retail price an item has ever sold for on the high street, give us the patter, then squawk, squawk, and a few quid comes off the price,a bit more patter until another couple of squawks come along and the price goes down to just above the price they've decided it's going for, a bit more patter, and along come the last squawks.At this stage, through the presenter's earpieces a person in the gallery is reminding them to act and look surprised/cross/ or a mixture of the two.(roll around the floor even, if that's what floats your boat!) If the product doesn't appear to be "flying out of the door" tell 'em we're putting a clock on, so we can hurry on to the next piece of tat! With unbranded items, see above only with the start price...pluck any amount out of the air!
I love the way they get all excited when there's a non stop drop, we're not going to finish this auction until either all the stock has gone, or the price has dropped to a pound, they act as though this is some wonderful thing, in the old days, this is how the channel ran all the time! Shouldn't moan too much though,as things seem to be getting a lot better than they were!

I've always wished buyers used their ol' noggins on a non-stop drop and wait until something which actually is worth 50 or 60 quid or so reach pennies. Although we'd probably be waiting until the next morning becausee the rate at which the drop stops slows to an almost stand still!

I've always wished buyers used their ol' noggins on a non-stop drop and wait until something which actually is worth 50 or 60 quid or so reach pennies. Although we'd probably be waiting until the next morning becausee the rate at which the drop stops slows to an almost stand still!

Oh I wish that too lol

I've noticed on a few occasions that the price (after the initial start) doesn't drop for ages and then when there's callers on the line the price drops by 1p's

It's annoying now. They do sell the same things over and over. The shocked Sunday look is the same again on Monday and Tuesday, even though the price is more or less the same.

Peter Sherlock says he isn't a particularly spiritual person but the smell of Lolita Lempicka 'is proof there is something better out there'.

What a load of tosh.

Like sherlocks bringing us all the best deals...i mean his managing to fly across the world to bring us the worlds leading brands and scents......so any chance he can stop off and chat to chanel,boss,armani instead if waltzing off down some back alley and meeting up with jean paul dupont ?

Fool and ignoramus Peter Simon I'm afraid lost all creditably, John scott mentioned him on rocks and co.

Watching sherlock and simon flogging some ferrari perfume...genuine mistake at 14.99 ...sherlocks paid over the odds again....y do bid employ him ...everything he buys he sells for less

Watching sherlock and simon flogging some ferrari perfume...genuine mistake at 14.99 ...sherlocks paid over the odds again....y do bid employ him ...everything he buys he sells for less

Genuine Ferrari....that's a laugh!!!!! Once made a comment to a friend of ours that was smelling particularly pleasant, and he said it's Ferrari, and I paid less than a fiver for it in Poundstretcher....Nowt wrong with the scent, it's actually very nice, but it's cheap and has absolutely no staying power as OH bought some and the bottle was gone in a very short time...false economy!

Again item after item....sherlocks paid more than its selling for...and the two of them just cant believe it....amazing how the run of sherlocks buying skills continues on the downturn

Again item after item....sherlocks paid more than its selling for...and the two of them just cant believe it....amazing how the run of sherlocks buying skills continues on the downturn

Could be true, 'cause as we know the real profits are being made through charging the customer at least double the amount it REALLY costs to send the items to us!

They will pay the courier about £2 to deliver each item maybe less than that so they will be selling at a loss on the item but making a profit overall when you add in call charges and P+P

They will pay the courier about £2 to deliver each item maybe less than that so they will be selling at a loss on the item but making a profit overall when you add in call charges and P+P

Has anyone ever thought of what happens when the courier picks up the parcel?

Charge to drive through gate: £2.53
Charge to call customer services to query delivery: £1.53
Charge to leave premisis: £7.99
Charge to talk to a member of staff: £9.99

Signed autograph of Mike Mason: £23.99
Painted cariture of Mike Mason by Thomas Ginkade (alter ego): £399.99

:grin:

Last edited:
Peter Sherlock is an absolute ignoramus.

That he most certainly is NOT. You can actually tell he's a very educated bloke. I don't know where you get that idea from. Perhaps you believe he's taking us (the punters) for fools,but then he is trying to sell us something, and when you're working for a company like Sit up, then it's goes with the territory! (a nod to the fact things are getting better though!) I like him as a presenter to be honest.

Peter Sherlock is flogging a perfume called Shiseido Zen White Heat, he says if you have never heard of it that's understandable because it's only available in 'super mega posh places'.

What Peter, like Cheap Smells and ebay? Grrr....:headbang:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=0&gs_ri=hp&cp=23&gs_id=13&xhr=t&q=shiseido+zen+white+heat&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bpcl=39580677&ion=1&biw=1440&bih=787&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=11851832540961348356&sa=X&ei=rjK-UPzYHo2N0wXjjoEY&sqi=2&ved=0CE0Q8wIwAQ

More lies! Peter Sherlock has lost my respect.

He's a strange chap isn't he? What he says he is, doesn't quite square the circle with what he does. No one experienced in the world of perfume would dream of suggesting a fragrance to you before you tried it. And I've heard him say 'This is a light flowery fragrance' etc etc. but that's not an ounce of good if the scent changes on your skin is it? That's why we have testers in perfume retailers. I wouldn't buy blind and no way would I pay bid/price drop postage

Latest posts

Back