Should Brucie finish on Strictly?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
After Tess and Claudia's efforts on Brucie's recent week off, it left me thinking that he may have run his race on this show.

Now, it may be a bit unbalanced having two ladies running the show but I thought Tess and Claudia did a decent job and it wouldn't break my heart if they took it on permanently. Also, I can't really think, off hand, of many blokes (or other women, for that matter!) I'd like to see do it.

As a one-off Tess & Claudia are ok but they come across quite childish to do it long term. "Sunday's Result show" presenting was pretty poor from both of them trying to introduce hand actions for the dance fusion. Have to agree, think this is Bruce's last series as he's is obviously aware that he's getting old. Sad to see him go as very few presenters are capable of doing this type of show.

But, my interesting suggestion for a replacement is none other than Lionel Blair. Oh wait, I just checked up on how old he is and he's hitting 80 as well!

I know Brucie makes me cringe occasionally and I think it probably is time for him to hang up his dance shoes..however, he did make me laugh when I caught him on the Royal Variety last night, peering in front of him and saying "I can't see the ****** words.." when he was on with David Walliams...in his day (Beat the Clock, Generation Game) there was nobody like him for working an audience.

Tess I'm not keen on, Claudia I love - not sure about long-term presenting together. I'd like to see someone like Bradley Walsh, or Brian Conley (given his recent problems tho, maybe not for him) - but NOT, please NOT a Mr & Mrs Vernon Kay production! :mysmilie_505:

A lot of talk on DS about he should go.

He ignores the fights and lets the judge get on with it. He can't read the auto cue and is really bad compared to a few years ago.

Come on, do we want another Tommy Cooper???? The US show has an older guy on with a younger woman. He does not tell jokes etc, just announces and gets on with it. Why this idea of we must have a comic or an ex song and dance man(he did soft shoe and tap, not ballroom), who should just retire and enjoy his later life.

Definitely time for Bruce to go. I would like to see Claudia present on her own. Get rid off Tess altogether and as Busy mum said. definitely no Mr Tess .

Yes, I agree with you all, it's time for Brucie to hand over the reins. It's becoming embarrassing and rather sad to see him struggling. Anyone other than Mr. and Mrs. Tess to take over please:)

Sadly, unless it's just me, I think the whole show has lost it's lustre, compared to how it used to be - I wouldn't have missed it the first few seasons, now, sometimes I've only got half an eye on the dances while I read the paper or something..maybe a new host (another no-no for me, Ronnie Corbett!) would liven things up a bit..

As a one-off Tess & Claudia are ok but they come across quite childish to do it long term. "Sunday's Result show" presenting was pretty poor from both of them trying to introduce hand actions for the dance fusion. Have to agree, think this is Bruce's last series as he's is obviously aware that he's getting old. Sad to see him go as very few presenters are capable of doing this type of show.

But, my interesting suggestion for a replacement is none other than Lionel Blair. Oh wait, I just checked up on how old he is and he's hitting 80 as well!

I agree and believe that this should be Brucie's last SCD. I would think Graham Norton would be a great replacement, he did a grand job on Dance Fever or whatever it was called. Please not the ditzy Claudie, I wouldn't let her present dinner to my dog,imo she is like an escapee from St Trinians in dress and persona....

I agree and believe that this should be Brucie's last SCD. I would think Graham Norton would be a great replacement, he did a grand job on Dance Fever or whatever it was called. Please not the ditzy Claudie, I wouldn't let her present dinner to my dog,imo she is like an escapee from St Trinians in dress and persona....

Oh please Kathy, not Graham Norton - I would have to record it and f/f most of it!

A lot of talk on DS about he should go.

He ignores the fights and lets the judge get on with it. He can't read the auto cue and is really bad compared to a few years ago.

Come on, do we want another Tommy Cooper???? The US show has an older guy on with a younger woman. He does not tell jokes etc, just announces and gets on with it. Why this idea of we must have a comic or an ex song and dance man(he did soft shoe and tap, not ballroom), who should just retire and enjoy his later life.

The US show also dull outside of the dances. Without the jokes, ad-libs etc i.e. the continuity the show would have died years ago purely as a dance contest. That and the US has to force in all those adverts so there will be no time for the bits inbetween unlike the BBC.

I always got the impression that Anton was chomping at the bit to take over......

I love love love Brucie! I did enjoy the week when it was Tess & Claudia, but that was mainly due to Claudia's humour when interviewing the dancers while awaiting the judges scores. My Strictly dream team would be Sir Bruce Forsyth and Claudia.

I always got the impression that Anton was chomping at the bit to take over......

Me too..I wouldn't mind him doing it tho he's just a bit OTT at times..

I love love love Brucie! I did enjoy the week when it was Tess & Claudia, but that was mainly due to Claudia's humour when interviewing the dancers while awaiting the judges scores. My Strictly dream team would be Sir Bruce Forsyth and Claudia.

I'd sooner Claudia than Tess that's for sure!

I'm not a Brucie fan, but I think if Brucie himself feels he's up to it, he should be allowed to continue - I cringe whenever the debate on Digital Spy descends into ageist ranting.

I'd give the show a subtle makeover, though, and give him less time to hog the camera and treat everyone else as a foil to his 'ready wit and banter'.

Vernon and Tess??? Noooo! Digital Spy would explode!

I like Graham Norton and Anton too. As long as Tess goes, I'm not bothered what female might take over. After reading an interview with Camilla some years ago, I realise why Tess is disliked so much.

Vernon and Tess??? Noooo! Digital Spy would explode!

I like Graham Norton and Anton too. As long as Tess goes, I'm not bothered what female might take over. After reading an interview with Camilla some years ago, I realise why Tess is disliked so much.

ooh...do tell...!

Yes, he should step down gracefully before it becomes even more embarrassing.

I've not watched as much this year, but I get fed up with all the endless series year after year. Bradley Walsh would be great and renew my interest, I really like him.

Definitely not Vernon & Tess - pleeeaaase!!

Latest posts

Back