Energitech radiators

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£39.99 p&p are u having a laugh IW
The p&p charge is bad but have you seen the actual price of the things?! £349.99, (bargain at buy one get one free NOT)! Crikey, you'd need a remortgage to use them in a small flat!! Thanks but no thanks! I'll stick to my trusty B & Q oil filled one to compliment my central heating!

OMG! Apparently they're saying that 2 of these would be confortable for a living room, I should flippin well think so for that money! The woman presenter, (Debbie I think her name is, blonde one), is now saying that you can just use these if you're in just 1 room and turn the rest of your heating off! Get burst pipes in extreme cold weather yeh great idea!

Just watching this now.

Firstly, the presenter is saying it's suitable for a room 12 metres square, that's bigger than Buck Palace size rooms, it means 12 metres x 12 metres.

Obviously he means 12 square metres, so, for example, a room 3M x 4M.

However, that takes no account of room height, which could typically be from 8ft - 12ft, a difference of 50% in volume from lowest to highest ceiling height.

If you're going to quote figures, at least be accurate please IW.

They will cost the same as any other type of thermostatically controlled electric heater irrespective of power rating as once they heat a room to the desired temperature, they switch off and on to maintain it. A higher wattage heater will heat a room faster than a lower wattage one, but the same amount of power is used to do it measured at the electricity meter in kWhr. The Law of Conservation of Energy states that, “Energy cannot be created or destroyed; it can only be changed from one form to another”. Or in layman's terms Energy in (electricity changed to heat by heaters) = Energy out (heat lost to the outside) and all electric heaters are 100% efficient in changing electricity into heat. Rather than a slower release of heat by these type of radiators, it's how slowly your home loses heat that counts and the better insulated and draught proof it is, the less power is needed to keep it warm

Gordonski you should go on there & explain rather than that blonde woman, her presenting skills are not on the radar!

Gordonski you should go on there & explain rather than that blonde woman, her presenting skills are not on the radar!
Thanks Nikki, I've just posted a similar thread about De Longhi heaters being sold on Ideal World. My flat is all electric heating and to satisfy myself that what I'd learnt in theory in school physics was true, I did tests heating my lounge using firstly a 1kW fan heater, then a 800W halogen heater running 24 hours compared to an overnight charged wall mounted 3kW storage heater running on 'cheap rate' Economy 7. All methods cost the same to run when I broke it down.

Thanks Nikki, I've just posted a similar thread about De Longhi heaters being sold on Ideal World. My flat is all electric heating and to satisfy myself that what I'd learnt in theory in school physics was true, I did tests heating my lounge using firstly a 1kW fan heater, then a 800W halogen heater running 24 hours compared to an overnight charged wall mounted 3kW storage heater running on 'cheap rate' Economy 7. All methods cost the same to run when I broke it down.

You would get on well with stratobuddy, great minds hey gordonski? :whew:

so really the poor unsuspecting purchasers of these "wonderous heaters" are paying up to £349.99 + £39.99 p&p for the same efficiency as I get for my oil filled thermost rad that cost about £50 odd quid in b&q! Lets' hope the same purchasers don't have to call their customers services where you pay is it about 20p a minute for bugger all except added frustration and wasted time! I know I've been there a few years ago courtesy of IW. Vowed never to buy from them again as to be honest I just gave up in the end and never got my sun loungers or a refund. I now only buy Linda Lusardi's skin care from them as they have the exclusive on it & elizabeth grant for my mum at christmas x.

I have emailed in before to complain about this very thing. Ellis was presenting and she kept confusing her 10 square metres with her 10 metres squared. She was even claiming 'that's right, a room of over 30 foot by 30 foot'.

They stopped doing it for a while, but it seems like they're back at it. At best, it's the presenters being poorly briefed and, frankly, a bit dim. At worst, it's misrepresentation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back