How you can tell when Sally Jack's is too thick to present shopping telly...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

...she bores us with her constant count down of the quantity, even when she can't keep up.

I've literally just watched her for 5 minutes selling some dull looking Amethyst stud earrings and only once in that time did actually made any mention of the product and even that was just reading the description.

:down:

I cannot say whether she is too thick for shopping telly, what I do know is she is perfectly suited to working for Bid Shopping.

Some of the nonsense she has uttered tonight has been, to be frank, breathtaking. In referring to an awful pair of really cheap looking Dr Cringles Tan Shearling Boots, quote, 'how much would you expect to pay for these? I would expect to see £50, £60, £70?'.

They went for £11.99 and believe me that was steep.

That woman is so annoying! I watch her for a laugh & to see the depths of immoral selling she stoops to but then I have to turn over to prevent a headache with the constant screaming & telling us were stupid for not buying her tatt!

That woman is so annoying! I watch her for a laugh & to see the depths of immoral selling she stoops to but then I have to turn over to prevent a headache with the constant screaming & telling us were stupid for not buying her tatt!

Did you hear her raving about the ring she has on now that she sold earlier?

It's base metal and glass. Now there's nothing wrong with dress jewellery but to hear her you would be forgiven for thinking it was from Aspreys.

Oh dear, the old BS'er is coming up next (he's already started in the promo, calling gold plated metal just gold!)

Last edited:
Well I'm still gutted I didn't buy the "opal stone" that is actually err AN OPAL TRIPLET in poxy gold plate last night DAMN lol! That James Russell bloke said that he wished he was at home at one point last night so that he could buy what he was selling, didn't we all!!

Well I'm still gutted I didn't buy the "opal stone" that is actually err AN OPAL TRIPLET in poxy gold plate last night DAMN lol! That James Russell bloke said that he wished he was at home at one point last night so that he could buy what he was selling, didn't we all!!

I was actually considering a complaint to the ASA about that but having looked over it a few times all he was doing was telling you about completely different opals. He didn't directly suggest that the triplet opals were what he was talking about. Then again he didn't once explain what a triplet opal is either.

However, the less well informed could be forgiven for associating his comments to the rings on sale. Do you think that was his intention? :wonder:

Don't worry though James i'll continue to studiously watch your sales, that's an absolute promise.

Last edited:
Yes you're spot on! If you didn't know what an opal triplet actually consists of you'd have never in 1M years sussed it from his dribbling waffle! It was VERY no totally MISLEADING! I'd have saved it on sky but I switched over for a bit, switched back again to see the depths he stooped to selling the thing. I missed a few mins of it to be fair but I bet he never explained what people were actually buying. What a "stone" that the likes of which go for literally £1000's in gold plate I don't think so lol!

Yes you're spot on! If you didn't know what an opal triplet actually consists of you'd have never in 1M years sussed it from his dribbling waffle! It was VERY no totally MISLEADING! I'd have saved it on sky but I switched over for a bit, switched back again to see the depths he stooped to selling the thing. I missed a few mins of it to be fair but I bet he never explained what people were actually buying. What a "stone" that the likes of which go for literally £1000's in gold plate I don't think so lol!

This is what bugs me about some buyers. Common sense tells you that if a stone is worth a lot of money it is incredulous to think it would be set in plated metal.

That dosen't excuse misleading sales pitches though.

I watched this and purchased a pendant. To be fair he did explain that a triplet was a slice of opal in-between two other material (can't remember which) and said that they where opal triplets.

Kat xxx

I watched this and purchased a pendant. To be fair he did explain that a triplet was a slice of opal in-between two other material (can't remember which) and said that they where opal triplets.

Kat xxx

Did he? I watched the whole presentation (in fact I have it recorded) and I do not recall him once explaining what a triplet opal is. All I recall is him referring to a clipboard telling us all about whole opals.

I shall watch it again now.

EDIT: - I am struggling to see where he explains what a triplet is my friend!!!!!

Last edited:
Did he? I watched the whole presentation (in fact I have it recorded) and I do not recall him once explaining what a triplet opal is. All I recall is him referring to a clipboard telling us all about whole opals.

I shall watch it again now.

EDIT: - I am struggling to see where he explains what a triplet is my friend!!!!!

I'm sure he did? I bought one and I knew that it was a triplet! I might be going mad but I didn't think that inwas going quite that mad l

Kat xxx

I'm sure he did? I bought one and I knew that it was a triplet! I might be going mad but I didn't think that inwas going quite that mad l

Kat xxx

I saw no evidence of a thorough description of what a triplet opal actually is. However, James Russell gave a very thorough (indeed exhaustive) description of actual opals, and their potential value. These of course have little in common with the products on sale, certainly in terms of value.

There is another opal show on Bid at 2300 tonight, I will be watching very, very closely and I urge other shopping telly forum users to do the same as any potential complaints are surely stronger in case when received from a few of us.

Thanks.

Kat xxx

Well perhaps are not going 'mad' Kat, i'll explain why.

I watched last night's 11pm Opal show, it was very interesting. He explained that some companies build what is called a 'boulder' opal, they take a slice of opal and put it in between two materials lie quartz and glass which will give the appearance the opal is brighter because of the black surface underneath. But he added there is a type of opal that dosen't need that, and surprise surprise those are Lightning Ridge opals, and he is actually telling the truth. He then confirmed a black opal has a value of some $2355 ct although for the purpose of selling this jewellery that's something of a red herring, in my opinion.

He then very, very briefly (and certainly not thoroughly or in my opinion candidly) explained what a triplet opal is, he didn't even spend a whole minute explaining. He said that opals can be fragile so a triplet is an opal encased in quartz to protect it. However, he most certainly did not make clear it isn't a solid opal that is encased in quartz but rather a very flat, thin slice, he didn't at all.

Misrepresentation? I would probably say not, Underhand selling tactics? I would probably say yes.

Last edited:
Shes flogging the makeover at the moment, she says she paid £1000 for a makeover and only got 1 photo, yeah right , what a load of rubbish

They flog those sessions dirt cheap, a few quid! NOOO WAY did she pay that! What a silly screeching twat she is!

Latest posts

Back