Peter Simon on Christin Lars

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bidtvbs

Registered Shopper
He has just said that Christian(sic) Lars have been around for over 50 years, have won many awards and that Malcolm Christin Lars was the founder of the company. Also Malcolm Christin Lars has supposedly worked for Seiko Pulsar. Now he's just said they've been around for 40 years. Make your mind up Pete. IN the past he has referred to "MIchael, Christin, Melkussen Lars" and the Basel watch show but tonight he has changed his story.

He also said that Christin Lars are from Denmark and from Copenhagen. Please somebody prove this story to be true!!!!!!!!!!! or if it's total bs I think the ASA will find this interesting.

Last edited:
Quite a few of the cheap low end watches that Bid sell come from the same supplier who owns the so called brand names
These include Christin Lars,Gianni Ricci,Slazenger,Citron,Philip Mercier ect-they all come from J and K Enterprises Ltd of Bolton.
The claims made by the Bid presenters concerning the heritage of the watches and the Basel watch show,'award winning' ect are wholly false and are made up by the presenters.

Well I just caught the tail end of a demo where the c... was selling a ball point pen, he was blathering on about historic documents for ages, the pen is mightier than the sword..blah blah. I don't know what's mightier, his gob, or the constant stream of effluent that comes out of it. Look you tit, the Magna Carta was NOT signed with a flaming biro!!!! :headbang:

The idiot also once claimed that Christin Lars Watches are sold in over 40 Countries. A web search I tried only came up with bid tv. It's all lies, the Watches are more than likely Chinese made. I just don't know how the man gets away with all the lies he tells. He gets worse by the day!

Well I'll be blowed! I just did a Google search, and Christin Lars Watches are now on Amazon. The news is, they are not high end Watches after all!!!! They are quite cheap really.
But of course, we always knew that.

Thomas Earnshaw on Amazon too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update. Just noticed, they are being soldon Amazon by Ocean tree trading. (sit-up) I always knew they were exclusive to them!

Last edited:
Well I just caught the tail end of a demo where the c... was selling a ball point pen, he was blathering on about historic documents for ages, the pen is mightier than the sword..blah blah. I don't know what's mightier, his gob, or the constant stream of effluent that comes out of it. Look you tit, the Magna Carta was NOT signed with a flaming biro!!!! :headbang:

Love it!! Nice one Merryone!! PMSL!

Here is a letter I just got from the ASA. It seems then that the Christin Lars brand has no history and Mr Lars does not exist, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I actually feel quite an emptiness knowing Christin Lars does not exist, one of my life goals was to meet the great man:sad:

Thank you for contacting the ASA and for your patience while we considered your complaint.

We have assessed the ad and your complaint and we considered that you had made a valid point. We considered that the ad was likely to mislead because the advertiser could not substantiate the history claims made about the company Christin Lars. As this appeared to be a relatively clear breach, instead of initiating a formal investigation, we informed the advertiser of the complaint and they have provided an assurance that the product will be described correctly in future. They have also agreed to ensure that similar issues do not arise in their future similar marketing communications. We have also received a written assurance from them to that effect.

We consider that the issue is now resolved and we will be closing our file. However, basic information including the advertisers’ name and where the ad appeared will be published on our website, www.asa.org.uk on Wednesday 13 February 2013.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Kind regards,

David Humber

David Humber

Complaints Executive

Direct line 020 7492 2248

Advertising Standards Authority

Mid City Place, 71 High Holborn

London WC1V 6QT

Telephone 020 7492 2222

www.asa.org.uk

Follow us on twitter: @ASA_UK

Legal, decent, honest and truthful

I may be wrong but aren't all these cheapo watches, whatever the brand name, made is the same sweatshop by a firm which bought up all the names?

I may be wrong but aren't all these cheapo watches, whatever the brand name, made is the same sweatshop by a firm which bought up all the names?

Here is copy of my post from another thread which gives some information on the origin of Christin Lars;
Bid apparently get the Christin Lars watches from J&K Henderson Enterprises Ltd of Bolton who also supply them with other watches such as Slazenger,Gianni Ricci,Citron and Philip Mercier.All are cheap mass produced items
Here are a couple of links for you;
http://trademark.markify.com/tradema...limited/536950
http://www.jkhenderson.co.uk/
The whole Christin Lars episode is a disgrace -'When Christian (sic) Lars was a young boy he dreamed of becoming a horologist...they are made not in a factory but in a workshop by horologists who are passionate about what they do' quote from James Russell.
These ASA adjucications are very useful-the crooked sales tactics employed by the Bid Presenters are being rooted out and eliminated.
Thanks to all those who have submitted complaints-keep 'em coming!

Latest posts

Back