Tongue tied St Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

earwig

Registered Shopper
Did anyone else see Peter Simon the other night, i think it was friday or saturday, selling the quite wonderful Philip Mercier
FIVE BAR GATE BRACELET?
'It was Philip Mercier who created the inspirations of a FIVE BAR GET FIVE KATE BRACELET' do you mean five bar gate bracelet peter?
'it was the FIVE GAR FIVE GATE BAR BRACELET that made it famous'... thanks for explaining that one Peter!
' When you look at a Philip Mercier it has a lot of RAMIFICATIONS with a Cartier' (ramification is usually used negatively to describe the
results of a bad action according to the dictionary so dont know what he means by that!)
'Omega do a similar one, so you would be looking at paying a hundred pounds, a hundred and twenty pounds, a hundred and forty pounds,
a really stunning piece of jewellry with that FIVE GAR BAR GATE (ha ha) but the PIERRE de la resistance (yes he really said PIERRE) is the
FIVE GAR FIVE BAR GATE, that is just sensational! At eight pounds and a penny for the earrings, the solitaire, the inset rectangular watch,
the FIVE GAR BU BAY BRACELET, magnificent, magnificent'....
In the end it all went for £4.99 + the usual extras.... not bad at all for something St Peter claims to be comparable to Cartier or Omega!

Did anyone else see Peter Simon the other night, i think it was friday or saturday, selling the quite wonderful Philip Mercier
FIVE BAR GATE BRACELET?
'It was Philip Mercier who created the inspirations of a FIVE BAR GET FIVE KATE BRACELET' do you mean five bar gate bracelet peter?
'it was the FIVE GAR FIVE GATE BAR BRACELET that made it famous'... thanks for explaining that one Peter!
' When you look at a Philip Mercier it has a lot of RAMIFICATIONS with a Cartier' (ramification is usually used negatively to describe the
results of a bad action according to the dictionary so dont know what he means by that!)
'Omega do a similar one, so you would be looking at paying a hundred pounds, a hundred and twenty pounds, a hundred and forty pounds,
a really stunning piece of jewellry with that FIVE GAR BAR GATE (ha ha) but the PIERRE de la resistance (yes he really said PIERRE) is the
FIVE GAR FIVE BAR GATE, that is just sensational! At eight pounds and a penny for the earrings, the solitaire, the inset rectangular watch,
the FIVE GAR BU BAY BRACELET, magnificent, magnificent'....
In the end it all went for £4.99 + the usual extras.... not bad at all for something St Peter claims to be comparable to Cartier or Omega!

Well I've just had him on and he can't even say 'Elisa' half the time :giggle:

It's Alisa, Elise, Lise, Ailsa

The man comes across as utterly incoherent at times but don't be fooled.

He uses his apparent tongue tying to great advantage when necessary, like when he fails to mention gold plating.

The other week he said 'Chansons Elysees' when he meant Champs Elysees.
He is on a par with the money grabbing evangelists whom one sees on television in the USA and he really shouldn't be allowed to continue with his deceptive practices.

Last edited:
He keeps saying the tatty brooch on now is silver, it isn't. It isn't even silver plated.

And that it isn't mass produced (there are nearly 400 in just this sale).

Last edited:
Bid are still feeding Simon Peters with those 'special pills' then... :wonder:

not only this, not only that, not only the other, if i had a ****** pound for every time he's said not only, i'd not only be retired, not only
a millionaire, not only living on an island somewhere, encrusted in Tanzanite...
'45 years ago a stone was discovered that changed the world, richard j cambell was sent on a mission, he went through russia to the
COALS of siberia (?), it took him 4 years to get here (the mountain), it is an institution of incredible MAGNIMS of sulphur and iron ore.
the masai and their colour purple (blah blah blah) its been a tradition since the days of night and day were created (?)
it rained terror and FEAR and decimation across lands and crops and FEAR.
what would one expect to pay (for a really crappy gold plated ring) 12, 13, 14 hundred pounds (!!!!!) gold, you could be the custodian
of the jem, gold, diamonds, spectacular...

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with him ~ early onset alzheimers or something. He, or the people around him, should do something because it's not right that he's behaving in such a bizarre fashion.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with him ~ early onset alzheimers or something. He, or the people around him, should do something because it's not right that he's behaving in such a bizarre fashion.

ditto, it's time he threw in the towel!

Can you imagine the ASA fielding a complaint around his sales technique? What would it come under??? Mis-selling? I don't think there'd be a category! :giggle:

The other Peter (Sherlock) just came out with a classic, he is flogging T+K boots and is banging on about the quality and says, quote 'we can only say things if they are true'.

Hmmmmm. I suggest you have a look in at Mr Simon's shows, or even Carolyn Lindsay's who shamelessly, and repeatedly, says when selling a 1p item you can multibuy 9 and still have change from 10p. Actually it would cost £72 including delivery and that's not even including a call.

9p or £72.00, quite a difference isn't it?

Last edited:
The other Peter (Sherlock) just came out with a classic, he is flogging T+K boots and is banging on about the quality and says, quote 'we can only say things if they are true'.

Hmmmmm. I suggest you have a look in at Mr Simon's shows, or even Carolyn Lindsay's who shamelessly, and repeatedly, says when selling a 1p item you can multibuy 9 and still have change from 10p. Actually it would cost £72 including delivery and that's not even including a call.

9p or £72.00, quite a difference isn't it?

I bet the ASA are already putting a room aside for the paperwork emanating from the regular complaints about Bid they have to investigate cos I really can't see them behaving any differently in 2013 can you?!

But to be fair since watching recently & finding this forum they have given me a laugh! (In a TV car crash kind of a way). I think one of the funniest, (& there have been quite a few in the last few weeks I've been flicking thru), is seeing the ever so modest "cos I don't want too much cleavage on show" Nicola George as Lola La Rouge! Someone was kind enough to post it on here from youtube OMG!! Well to be fair the poor girl didn't have any cleavage once her bra was removed anyway lol :giggle:

I bet the ASA are already putting a room aside for the paperwork emanating from the regular complaints about Bid they have to investigate cos I really can't see them behaving any differently in 2013 can you?!

But to be fair since watching recently & finding this forum they have given me a laugh! (In a TV car crash kind of a way). I think one of the funniest, (& there have been quite a few in the last few weeks I've been flicking thru), is seeing the ever so modest "cos I don't want too much cleavage on show" Nicola George as Lola La Rouge! Someone was kind enough to post it on here from youtube OMG!! Well to be fair the poor girl didn't have any cleavage once her bra was removed anyway lol :giggle:

Oh there is so much entertainment value from the channels it's unreal Nikki!

Sadly there is a far darker side to the whole operation. Will 2013 be any different? I agree with you, probably not.

Latest posts

Back