PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Health and Beauty

psherlock perfume lover
12-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Good morning guys,

Sorry, not been on here of late as it's been so manic.

I'd love to hear from you about brands that you'd like to see on the channels. I'd appreciate your input - Health and Beauty only....

A very merry Christmas

Peter Sherlock

Mommabear
12-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Good morning guys,

I'd love to hear from you about brands that you'd like to see on the channels. I'd appreciate your input - Health and Beauty only....

A very merry Christmas

Peter Sherlock

I thought that big brands didn't want Bid to sell their wares as it diminishes their reputation because you are the biggest discount channel on the TV

Merry Christmas

merryone
12-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Thanks Peter for asking. What I'd love to see is D.R Harris products, if you could get your mitts on some of those it would be amazing!

I love the retro scents as well, though the ones I used to love are probably completely defunct now. "Smitty" I thought I was so sophisticated in 1976! Le jardin which I believe you already do, and the evening version of it I loved. Yardley Chique, is that still made? Anything 70's and 80's retro for me.

Thanks again x

Hillary
12-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Just Honesty please, and less shouting. A female presenter said: 'look, you can do all your Christmas shopping on here for X.... we are selling perfume and aftershave this afternoon' Like all the other presenters she forgot to add the phone call &p&p charges. Also, can you explain during the presentation how, if when you buy a perfume on spec and it smells like cats on you ( no fault of the perfume,. just all skin is different) how to return it? Or if you can't return it if it doesn't suit, please could you make this clear

bidtvbs
12-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Firstly, I think Christin lars should move into selling an eau de parfum, it's already a global brand established over 50 years, sold in over 40 countries(according to your colleague Peter Simon) and should move into perfumery now that it has conquered painting, sculptures, horology etc Christin Lars should follow in Armani's footsteps.

Secondly, If you could sell fragrances as cheap and as high quality as Lidl do you won't go far wrong. Peter - Have you looked at Lidl's madame glamour suddenly eau de parfum 50ml which sells for 4 and smells better than Chanel coco Mademoiselle- see what the Express thinks of it.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/255201/Chanel-beaten-by-Lidl-s-4-scent

Also Lidl sell X-Bolt Gbellini eau de toilette 50ml for 4 and it is exactly like Hugo Boss Bottled. It is an excellent fragrance.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/article/TMG9579127/Lidls-3.99-designer-aftershave-put-to-the-test.html

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/fashion-beauty/supermarket-aftershave-takes-on-designer-label-1365325

If you cut out your exorbitant p&p and call charges maybe we would risk buying your unknown fragrances. Even your branded stuff can always be bought cheaper on cheapsmells or frangrances direct.

aqua
12-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Good morning guys,

Peter Sherlock
Yes, you went strangely quiet when you were specifically asked to comment on Macys' confirmation that they had never stocked Jean Paul DuPont.

deedee
12-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi Peter

I commend you for coming on here and asking our opinion knowing full well you may have to take some flack.

That said, I agree with other members on here, I just want to see products sold with honesty, integrity, professionalism and a lot less shouting.........Pete, you will see we just want the truth.
One of your very arrogant colleagues described us as 'gullible public who buy tat'; Mr Russell needs to be very careful who he insults as he is one of the biggest culprits for lying and misleading and I'm afraid the increasing ASA rulings aren't confidence inspiring, they reflect badly on each and every one of the presenters.

bidtvbs
12-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Once you get these fragrances please give your verdict on this thread. Maybe it will make Peter Sherlock sit up and take notice.

newtobid
12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
hi peter

could you please take a look at my jpd thread from a few weeks ago please?

those asking peter to change the morals of certain presenters are wasting there time he does not run the channel

Katbaker
12-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Hello Peter

Thank you for coming on here. i really hoped that you would pop back. i love listening to you talk about fragrances. you have such great knowledge and passion. its wonderful to watch. thank you.

I used to love a fragrance called 'Facets' i think it was by Mary Kay? i haven't seen it for years. i also LOVED Coty.fragrances. i think one was called L'Effleur? Avon do some really nice scents. i was once bought a fragrance called Frankincense which was delightful but again i haven't seen it anywhere.

Kat xxx

newtobid
12-12-2012, 10:59 PM
here we go again tonight by mike mason

JPD were in all of the big american stores sorry peter this from research i have undertaken is not true

infact apart from yourself once i have not heard anybody else mentioned they are piled high in tj hughes for 9.99

Katbaker
12-12-2012, 11:05 PM
here we go again tonight by mike mason

JPD were in all of the big american stores sorry peter this from research i have undertaken is not true

infact apart from yourself once i have not heard anybody else mentioned they are piled high in tj hughes for 9.99

Is TJ Hughs a high street chain? sorry i have never heard of it?

petpixie
12-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Has he gone again?

Wirral70
12-12-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm sure Debenhams are delighted that he's just mentioned they're in discussions with JPD lol! Even if they are, business confidentiality is paramount when negotiating.

Laughable isn't it? It just shows the contempt some of them have for their customers.

I'll pass on any fragrance suggestions Peter Sherlock, just as long as the likes of Mason and Simon are selling it. Shame!

Enigma
13-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Oh dear: you've all scared him away.

Peter: I commend you for coming on here and asking us for our opinions, but I'm afraid that most have us have heard Bid presenters tell one too many porkies to take anything they say seriously.

Bid's current remit of saying ANYTHING to get a sale, (from scaring the vulnerable to lying about the quality of products) plus the exorbitant phone and P&P costs is frankly off-putting.

You could be selling genuine Chanel No.5, and the way products are sold on your channel would make me assume it's made and bottled by a fishing by-products factory in Grimsby.

To many shopping telly viewers your channel is a joke. If you want to be taken seriously as a credible fragrance expert, I'd strongly suggest leaving Bid at the earliest possible opportunity.

Enigma
13-12-2012, 11:30 PM
& sadly for Bid prices for genuine top brand perfumes such as Lalique are much cheaper on www.cheapsmells.com. I bought 100ml of Perle de Lalique for 26 with free P&P.

Wow! Which is why all internet-savvy shoppers would never shop with Bid. Or believe anything the presenters say

Greg
14-12-2012, 05:55 AM
I have to agree with others on here. People are laughing at the products Bid are peddling and rightfully getting angry at the dodgy selling practices of it's presenters.

Peter, if you are a perfume expert with any credibility you would have moved on to bigger and better things by now.

Hillary
14-12-2012, 10:12 AM
On a serious note Sally did sell a new range comprising of face dreams, hand lotion & eye serum for 9.99 this eve 20 with all the P&P & call to order. If the range is great then the price was competitive as the pots seemed large, I'd guess 50ml each. The main thing you're up against as far as I can see Peter are the other shopping channels, namely QVC. Their today special values for products such as Elemis are unbeatable by a mile and they discount postage for sunsequent orders & took a fiver off for each additional set bought on the recent Elemis one. Also companies like Cheapsmells.com beat your overall price for Lalique a few months back, sorry. It's not impossible but a challenge to get the same value with the call charges to order & the p&p. The Avon Frankinsence was awesome, my mum had it many years ago but I guess Avon has exclusivity or has discontinued it now x.

Thank you so much Nikki for posting this. I have never bought my favourite perfume from the internet because, going by the bid/pricedrop/speed prices I thought it would be more expensive than the High St. I've been on cheap smells and also on some of the bigger department store postal services this morning. Blimey!!!! Adding on the exorbitant postal and p&p of bid, the other mail order sites blow them out of the water don't they?

Paul_s
14-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Dear Peter Sherlock,

For the general health and wellbeing of the nation please issue the following presenters their P45 with immediate effect...

James Russell
Sally Jacks
Peter Simon
Nicola George

It would also help if you were to dunk the 'producers' of the above into a keg of Jean Paul DuPont for aiding and abetting with their sales 'techniques' to the general public.

Your sincerely, Me xxx

Katbaker
14-12-2012, 12:22 PM
I have to agree with others on here. People are laughing at the products Bid are peddling and rightfully getting angry at the dodgy selling practices of it's presenters.

Peter, if you are a perfume expert with any credibility you would have moved on to bigger and better things by now.

Ignore him Peter. Greg only comes on here to insult and upset people. He seems to get a kick out of it.

Kat xxx

Mommabear
14-12-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm another fan of cheapsmells and don't think they can be beaten on price and delivery.

Bexi
14-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Worst of all in my opinion was Peter Simon encouraging people to use the Elizabeth Grant BODY CREAM around their eyes!! This is a body creme & as such isn't at all formulated to be advantageous for using around this most delicate sensitive area! It could cause allergies, puffiness & longer term degeneration of this most fragile skin!! Not only that but the same pots were less than half the price on the internet when P & P taken into consideration.

Peter said this again yesterday, that he uses it on his face. I think I'd break out in a rash if I did! I have to be careful what I put on my face

merryone
14-12-2012, 05:34 PM
I would like to say that I agree with a lot of the points made on here, but is it really fair on Peter Sherlock to put him through the wringer on this one, when all he's done is come on here to try and find out what perfumes and beauty products we'd like to see on the channels. If I bumped into him in pub, I might ask him why this presenter or that presenter is a such a lying Shyster, and ask why the p&p's out of line with literally every internet shopping concern there is, but this is a public forum, and he's much safer saying nothing at all. I work for a company myself that was, a few years back the subject of numerous newspaper articles saying how staff habitually slagged off their customers on Facebook. Jobs were lost because of that, and lessons learned.

I think Peter knows that a lot of us on here wouldn't buy a perfume without having tried it first, think the prices aren't competitive enough, especially with p&p, but along with the suggestions on how they could sell fragrance and beauty products in a fairer way, could we not at least afford him the courtesy of answering the question he so cheerfully asked us?

...And for saying that he needs to leave his job to gain any credibility, perhaps he loves his job, loves the people he works with. I could probably get myself a better job with my qualifications,but I enjoy selling cake!

Price Plunge
14-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Some good points here amongst the "Bid sells overpriced crap" comments. (That surely goes without saying?)

Put another way, Bid can never hope to compete with the cheapest internet-based sellers so the very best it can do is to source exclusives that nobody else has, but they will always have an uphill struggle to be treated seriously given the dodgy sales tactics that most presenters seem to use and the dodgy goods that seem to predominate on the channel (worry angels, knockoff watches, poor quality bed linen, etc.).

Peter Sherlock may be trying his hardest to please but his best attempts will always encounter this credibility problem as long as the channels continue to behave as they do. At this stage I recommend that he jumps ship ASAP otherwise it's likely that he will be out of a job anyway sometime next year; you don't want to be circulating your CV in competition with Steve McDonald and James Russell, do you? :wink:

Wirral70
15-12-2012, 09:26 AM
It is safe to say that there are very, very few good deals on genuine, branded fragrances and beauty products on Bid when additional costs are added. I have seen some really good deals on Dr Lewinns on Bid and the Elizabeth Grant product is cheaper than Ideal World if you need 2 x 200ml tubs. Of course I accept you sometimes pay more for convenience though.

I take issue with one thing Peter Sherlock keeps saying about Rapport though, I am a similar age to Peter (just a couple of years younger), i'm even from the same town and no way do I ever remember it costing 15-20 a bottle, no way (around the same time you could get 50ml of YSL Kouros in Beatties for less than 20, you know that store well Peter!). I vividly recall Rapport costing between 5-10 for a big bottle and that was in mainstream shops on the highstreet like Boots.

I fancy you are exaggerating somewhat Peter Sherlock although perhaps you are going by Harrods prices as you used to work there.

Paul_s
15-12-2012, 10:01 AM
but I enjoy selling cake!

We should get together some time for a cup of tea and a slice of cake... God, I love CAKE!

psherlock perfume lover
17-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I went strangely quiet?

It's called being at work. we have confirmation that Macy's stocked the brand in 2009 and 2010.

psherlock perfume lover
17-12-2012, 03:39 PM
I do LOVE Rapport - was it really that inexpensive then? I remember saving up for it.......

As for the Elizabeth Grant Body Creme around the eyes - I use it there but i DO have skin like an old boot....

Wirral70
17-12-2012, 04:05 PM
I do LOVE Rapport - was it really that inexpensive then? I remember saving up for it.......

As for the Elizabeth Grant Body Creme around the eyes - I use it there but i DO have skin like an old boot....

Indeed, there's nothing wrong with Rapport for what it is Peter but yes, it was definitely that inexpensive.

In all honestly it isn't a 20 or even a 15 fragrance, it certainly wasn't then and it still isn't now. And neither is Mandate, your colleague Peter Simon claimed he paid 35 for 30ml which is utterly ludicrous and an insult to our intelligence, especially as they don't even market it in a 30ml size.

They are OK, discount fragrances but let's call a spade a spade. They are what they are, i'd say they're worth a tenner maximum if part of a giftset.

Thanks for replying.

bidtvbs
17-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I went strangely quiet?

It's called being at work. we have confirmation that Macy's stocked the brand in 2009 and 2010.

If JPD is so great why aren't Macy's still stocking it? It doesn't look like JPD has justified your hype.

bidtvbs
17-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Firstly, I think Christin lars should move into selling an eau de parfum, it's already a global brand established over 50 years, sold in over 40 countries(according to your colleague Peter Simon) and should move into perfumery now that it has conquered painting, sculptures, horology etc Christin Lars should follow in Armani's footsteps.

Secondly, If you could sell fragrances as cheap and as high quality as Lidl do you won't go far wrong. Peter - Have you looked at Lidl's madame glamour suddenly eau de parfum 50ml which sells for 4 and smells better than Chanel coco Mademoiselle- see what the Express thinks of it.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...Lidl-s-4-scent

Also Lidl sell X-Bolt Gbellini eau de toilette 50ml for 4 and it is exactly like Hugo Boss Bottled. It is an excellent fragrance.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/artic...-the-test.html

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifesty...-label-1365325

If you cut out your exorbitant p&p and call charges maybe we would risk buying your unknown fragrances. Even your branded stuff can always be bought cheaper on cheapsmells or frangrances direct.

Also Peter you still haven't answered my questions? X-Bolt Gbellini is on sale this Thursday at Lidl for only 2.99 for 50ml, I bet it would beat most of the fragrances you sell on quality and certainly smashes your price. Lidl are also doing suddenly madame glamour edp and a gift set(bodylotion/shower gel) 2 for 7. Peter- try both these fragrances and give your honest opinion.