Suggestions for Health and Beauty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

psherlock perfume lover

Registered Shopper
Good morning guys,

Sorry, not been on here of late as it's been so manic.

I'd love to hear from you about brands that you'd like to see on the channels. I'd appreciate your input - Health and Beauty only....

A very merry Christmas

Peter Sherlock

Peter,
what ever it is can I ask that the presenters sell it with a degree of professionalism, integrity & honestly please? Recently there have been situations logged & discussed on here whereby products in your category haven't been sold so. Here are just 3 examples...

JPD perfume-sweeping the world as the no 1 fragrance house & in Macy's apparently

Skin Pharmacy Snake serum-Goerdie woman said quite categorically that whilst she was a manager in Harrods she saw Kylie Minogue purchase this. How can that be when your blog on it says that it's being exclusively sold via BID as a new product?!

Worst of all in my opinion was Peter Simon encouraging people to use the Elizabeth Grant BODY CREAM around their eyes!! This is a body creme & as such isn't at all formulated to be advantageous for using around this most delicate sensitive area! It could cause allergies, puffiness & longer term degeneration of this most fragile skin!! Not only that but the same pots were less than half the price on the internet when P & P taken into consideration.

I've only been on this site just over 2 weeks & seen 4 ASA upheld complaints against this channel/company. The presenters really need to stop targetting unsuspecting people with information that simply isn't true!A lot has been said about beauty products & fracgrances that are so wildly off the mark they've sparked threads & complaints. Also, where has the £7.99 p&p "per item" gone? James Russell was begging people to multibuy yet the per item that was there in the info box seems to have disappeared last evening when I watched. Very shady unless Bid are now doing a flat rate of £7.99 per order now of course??

Good morning guys,

Sorry, not been on here of late as it's been so manic.

I'd love to hear from you about brands that you'd like to see on the channels. I'd appreciate your input - Health and Beauty only....

A very merry Christmas

Peter Sherlock

I thought that big brands didn't want Bid to sell their wares as it diminishes their reputation because you are the biggest discount channel on the TV

Merry Christmas

Thanks Peter for asking. What I'd love to see is D.R Harris products, if you could get your mitts on some of those it would be amazing!

I love the retro scents as well, though the ones I used to love are probably completely defunct now. "Smitty" I thought I was so sophisticated in 1976! Le jardin which I believe you already do, and the evening version of it I loved. Yardley Chique, is that still made? Anything 70's and 80's retro for me.

Thanks again x

Just Honesty please, and less shouting. A female presenter said: 'look, you can do all your Christmas shopping on here for £X.... we are selling perfume and aftershave this afternoon' Like all the other presenters she forgot to add the phone call &p&p charges. Also, can you explain during the presentation how, if when you buy a perfume on spec and it smells like cats on you ( no fault of the perfume,. just all skin is different) how to return it? Or if you can't return it if it doesn't suit, please could you make this clear

Firstly, I think Christin lars should move into selling an eau de parfum, it's already a global brand established over 50 years, sold in over 40 countries(according to your colleague Peter Simon) and should move into perfumery now that it has conquered painting, sculptures, horology etc Christin Lars should follow in Armani's footsteps.

Secondly, If you could sell fragrances as cheap and as high quality as Lidl do you won't go far wrong. Peter - Have you looked at Lidl's madame glamour suddenly eau de parfum 50ml which sells for £4 and smells better than Chanel coco Mademoiselle- see what the Express thinks of it.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/255201/Chanel-beaten-by-Lidl-s-4-scent

Also Lidl sell X-Bolt Gbellini eau de toilette 50ml for £4 and it is exactly like Hugo Boss Bottled. It is an excellent fragrance.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/arti...3.99-designer-aftershave-put-to-the-test.html

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifest...et-aftershave-takes-on-designer-label-1365325

If you cut out your exorbitant p&p and call charges maybe we would risk buying your unknown fragrances. Even your branded stuff can always be bought cheaper on cheapsmells or frangrances direct.

Last edited:
Hi Peter

I commend you for coming on here and asking our opinion knowing full well you may have to take some flack.

That said, I agree with other members on here, I just want to see products sold with honesty, integrity, professionalism and a lot less shouting.........Pete, you will see we just want the truth.
One of your very arrogant colleagues described us as 'gullible public who buy tat'; Mr Russell needs to be very careful who he insults as he is one of the biggest culprits for lying and misleading and I'm afraid the increasing ASA rulings aren't confidence inspiring, they reflect badly on each and every one of the presenters.

Firstly, I think Christin lars should move into selling an eau de parfum, it's already a global brand established over 50 years, sold in over 40 countries(according to your colleague Peter Simon) and should move into perfumery now that it has conquered painting, sculptures, horology etc Christin Lars should follow in Armani's footsteps.

Secondly, If you could sell fragrances as cheap and as high quality as Lidl do you won't go far wrong. Peter - Have you looked at Lidl's madame glamour suddenly eau de parfum 50ml which sells for £4 and smells better than Chanel coco Mademoiselle- see what the Express thinks of it.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/255201/Chanel-beaten-by-Lidl-s-4-scent

Also Lidl sell X-Bolt Gbellini eau de toilette 50ml for £4 and it is exactly like Hugo Boss Bottled. It is an excellent fragrance.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/arti...3.99-designer-aftershave-put-to-the-test.html

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifest...et-aftershave-takes-on-designer-label-1365325

If you cut out your exorbitant p&p and call charges maybe we would risk buying your unknown fragrances. Even your branded stuff can always be bought cheaper on cheapsmells or frangrances direct.

WOW BidTVBS THANKS!! I'm off to Lidl tonorrow on my return from work :happy:!!

See Peter all is not lost, if Lidl can do it, ah but then again £3.99 for the item is just over half you post & packing charges, oh well lol.

Once you get these fragrances please give your verdict on this thread. Maybe it will make Peter Sherlock sit up and take notice.

hi peter

could you please take a look at my jpd thread from a few weeks ago please?

those asking peter to change the morals of certain presenters are wasting there time he does not run the channel

Certainly will do BidTVBS!! :happy:
On another note, whilst I appreciate that Peter Sherlock you may not be responsible for the behaviour of your fellow presenters I would ask that you perhaps use your influencing skills if you get my drift!! May be a tad tricky if you're on air co presenting with them when the verbal onslaught occurs agreed :mysmilie_483:

Last edited:
Hello Peter

Thank you for coming on here. i really hoped that you would pop back. i love listening to you talk about fragrances. you have such great knowledge and passion. its wonderful to watch. thank you.

I used to love a fragrance called 'Facets' i think it was by Mary Kay? i haven't seen it for years. i also LOVED Coty.fragrances. i think one was called L'Effleur? Avon do some really nice scents. i was once bought a fragrance called Frankincense which was delightful but again i haven't seen it anywhere.

Kat xxx

here we go again tonight by mike mason

JPD were in all of the big american stores sorry peter this from research i have undertaken is not true

infact apart from yourself once i have not heard anybody else mentioned they are piled high in tj hughes for £9.99

here we go again tonight by mike mason

JPD were in all of the big american stores sorry peter this from research i have undertaken is not true

infact apart from yourself once i have not heard anybody else mentioned they are piled high in tj hughes for £9.99

Is TJ Hughs a high street chain? sorry i have never heard of it?

I'm sure Debenhams are delighted that he's just mentioned they're in discussions with JPD lol! Even if they are, business confidentiality is paramount when negotiating.

I'm sure Debenhams are delighted that he's just mentioned they're in discussions with JPD lol! Even if they are, business confidentiality is paramount when negotiating.

Laughable isn't it? It just shows the contempt some of them have for their customers.

I'll pass on any fragrance suggestions Peter Sherlock, just as long as the likes of Mason and Simon are selling it. Shame!

Last edited:
On a serious note Sally did sell a new range comprising of face dreams, hand lotion & eye serum for 9.99 this eve £20 with all the P&P & call to order. If the range is great then the price was competitive as the pots seemed large, I'd guess 50ml each. The main thing you're up against as far as I can see Peter are the other shopping channels, namely QVC. Their today special values for products such as Elemis are unbeatable by a mile and they discount postage for sunsequent orders & took a fiver off for each additional set bought on the recent Elemis one. Also companies like Cheapsmells.com beat your overall price for Lalique a few months back, sorry. It's not impossible but a challenge to get the same value with the call charges to order & the p&p. The Avon Frankinsence was awesome, my mum had it many years ago but I guess Avon has exclusivity or has discontinued it now x.

Latest posts

Back