Thinking os selling a ring - advice please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilly O

Registered Shopper
Hope you don't mind, but I wanted to draw on your experience. I have bought a great deal of jewellery from TJC and other channels/outlets over the years and need to sell some items, especially those I have not worn. Many of the pieces I've bought still have the tags on and it seems a waste to leave them in a box, drawer, etc. One example is a AAAA Rhapsody 5.5 Tananite ring that has been in its box since I bought it a couple of years ago. I wondered if any contributors have been in a similar position and could offer advice on where I might sell such a piece.

HI Tilly you can sell them on here in the drop or on ebay
Pop up some pics and the jewellery lovers will PM you if they want to buy anything x

Ah ha "The Drop" I keep seeing that but as I'm still a newbie on here I didn't know what it meant so never became a VIP shopper. I guess I will have to sign up now thanks x.

Oh yes, & if selling on Ebay make sure that you put a realistic start price on your item, see what the others are going for versus what you paid & make a decision hun. Tanzanite has seriously gone up in recent times! xx

Ah ha "The Drop" I keep seeing that but as I'm still a newbie on here I didn't know what it meant so never became a VIP shopper. I guess I will have to sign up now thanks x.

We have lots more sections in The Drop, Buy, Sell and Swap, Books, Health & Beauty to name just a few!!!

Just a warning - if you can sell for half what you paid for the item you'll be doing well. Unfortunately second hand jewellery (even if never worn), takes a huge tumble in re-sale price. It's similar to buying a car.

Thanks everyone for your advice - can you please point me in the direction of The Drop as I can't recall seeing it on the website.

Hi Tilly, you won't be able to see The Drop until you become a VIP member. Just a modest subscription needed which helps to contribute to the upkeep of this site. There is a members' Buy/Sell/swap section there as mentioned earlier by Sazza. We also have one dedicated to Bling! :happy:

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/misc.php?do=donate

Latest posts

Back