Montine watch.......24 carat solid gold leaf dial!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fulhamphil

Registered Shopper
James Russell is hyperventillating at the amount of gold you are getting with the Montine watch (has anybody ever heard of this make?). Apparently the dial is solid 24 carat gold leaf. Surely gold leaf is gold leaf. The 'solid' in the description is totally superfluous. Gold leaf is also so thin that the amount of gold you would be getting to cover the dial of a watch would be absolutely miniscule and worth virtually nothing.

What is it with Bid and their obsession to try to pass everything off as containing substantial quantities of gold? Completely shameless.

I caught the tail end of the sale. I've seen him sell these once before. Probably a cheap Chinese watch, he was trying to pass of as Swiss? They didn't appear to be selling very quickly. Like you say fulhamphil, gold leaf is very thin indeed, but of course, it was solid 24ct gold. Big deal!!!

I would say its blatant mis-selling, gold leaf is like tissue paper its certainly not solid, you could put your finger through it , if something is solid you would be unable to do that !

Maybe another one for the ASA

Just listen to Russell, he is flogging the Montine now. He says, quote:- 'I can't remember bringing you a watch with such luxurious qualities'. 'it is encrusted in diamonds' (he means 2 pieces of diamond dust). On commenting about the dial 'that is a sheet of pure gold, pure 24ct solid gold'. But the biggest exaggeration must be 'imagine the value of that gold leaf?'.

He sold well over 400 at £18.99. As James says that's absolutely extraordinary.

Last edited:
I've seen gold leaf on cakes ffs!!!!! He's trying to tell us that it's really valuable when you can sh*t it out of your digestive system!

I've seen gold leaf on cakes ffs!!!!! He's trying to tell us that it's really valuable when you can sh*t it out of your digestive system!

As much as I agree with you Merry unfortunately over 400 people on this occasion alone don't share our point of view.

The mind boggles.

Gold leaf is so thin it disintegrates on touch - you have to use a tool to very carefully apply it. The gold content for the tiny amount covering a watch dial is virtually nothing. There simply is no 'gold content' in any meaningful sense. Are people really that stupid to fall for this deceit?

Gold leaf is so thin it disintegrates on touch - you have to use a tool to very carefully apply it. The gold content for the tiny amount covering a watch dial is virtually nothing. There simply is no 'gold content' in any meaningful sense. Are people really that stupid to fall for this deceit?

they have to use 'a tool' to sell em an all :happy:

Latest posts

Back