Bucket kittens update

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flying Pigs

Registered Shopper
I don 't want to post in Meg's thread cos she's a star , so an update on Boris and Katya is that they are speaking to me today and they are still wearing their buckets ( only had to retie twice today) but I haven 't attempted to administer their medicine yet. Tops tips please Janie.

Oh thats so cute. Thelma looks a bit like Meg, (or maybe i'm meg on the brain). My son's cat had one of those
hood things on and he hated it. Poor you FP. At least its all over now :)

Aww, bless 'em. They recover so much quicker than humans don't they? Hopefully they'll be out and about and again in a couple of days, no doubt running rings around Thelma. I thought there was more than a passing resemblance to our Meg as well (better not tell her though, I don't think she'd like it). :giggle:

How cute they are! Thelma does look like Meg.

The kittens will be back to themselves in no time. Please post some photos of them, when they have their collars off. Our Itchy absolutely hated hers and kept crashing into the leg of the kitchen table as she could not see properly!

Maybe Meg heard about them on the cat underground, and popped round to see if they were okay :)

Maybe Meg heard about them on the cat underground, and popped round to see if they were okay :)

NO!

cleaning.jpg

i don't really have any tips FP. all louis' meds go down his tube. all i've been told by the vet is you have to tip the head right back which makes the mouth open. then put it on the back of the tongue. vets obviously have different opinions - mine had no meds and no collar when they were neutered as i said. i have to say, if it were me, i'd take them off and see how they are without them.

i can def see the resemblance between thelma and meg ;)

I didn't think of the problem of the bucket until I had Katya on my knee, fortunately she co- operated and I was able to get the medicine into her mouth. Boris is much stronger but I thought I'd give it a go and managed to dose him. Might be a problem tomorrow as they will be wise to me and not as sleepy as today. The blurb the vet gave me has a bit about if you don't follow their instructions you are responsible if the cat gets an infection etc.

We have a leaking roof in the conservatory today so they have been having a whale of time spreading water everywhere! Don't tell the vet but the buckets are temporarily off- DH pointed out that Katya could lick herself over the area with her bucket on and Boris can't navigate without his whiskers. I'll have to put them back on Monday morning before we go back.

DH has been on the roof today with me holding the ladder watched( from inside ) by Boris and Katya so hopefully that will stop the worst of the rain. He reckons we need a new roof at the very least. We are off to the vets tomorrow ( buckets on) and I am hoping they can play out as they are racing around the house knocking everything flying. 27 has brought them a stocking which has two catnip mice which they like and 30 has an attraction for all cats ( bizarre!) and is attempting to distract them.

they sound like they're ready to go out FP - hope they get a clean bill of health tomorrow :happy:

sorry about the roof - what a pain.

Latest posts

Back