How much longer can these channels last?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atticus

Registered Shopper
A genuine question over whether Sit-Up's channels can continue to last in the future. They more and more remind me of the final few days of Auction World - it seems only a matter of time before they finally step over the line and someone takes action. Here's why I don't think Sit Up channels can last much longer:

- The quality of their products seems to be getting lower and lower (tat is the description I'd personally use) - some of the absolute crap they flog is unreal (worry angels, for example) and the introduction of their in-house brands, (Tommy & Kate, Your Kitchen) which I've read mostly negative reviews about.

- The selling tactics of their products has become absolutely shocking. While we can forgive a hard sell, too often now they just rely on pure and downright lying, misreprestation of a product and scaremongering. This is a channel where they will tell you a USB dongle is the same as a Sky Subscription, will describe a product as 'gold' when it's gold plated and will list the number of elderly people who die every year from the cold before selling their poor quality portable heater. It really is outrageous - and looking at the ASA pages it's evident how they continually breach the rules. It's also evident from the type of products they sell that they are increasingly targeting the elderly, vulnerable and ill-informed.

- The lack of talent and 'fun' - a while ago the presenters on these channels used to have fun, interact with their audience and the channel was genuinely fun to watch. Now it's a shambles where presenters bascially shout at the camera for 3 hours.

- The continued issues of postage and the phonecall - this has always been an issue with Sit-Up, but the cost of the call and the cost of the postage really stick out in the current climate. Plus the fact that they now sell many products at 0.01p or 'below our cost price' simply serves to emphasise how much of a profit they make from their phonelines and postage.

They just seem to be getting worse and worse and increasingly immoral every day. They just can't go on like this much longer.

Any thoughts?

Katbaker: you're wanted :nod:
HAHAHAHA!!! You're on form 2nite E!! PMSL! Don't forget Moet&Muffins too! See, amidst the millions of mortal folk with a tv there are 2 that we can recall who defend Bid. I rest my case x.

HAHAHAHA!!! You're on form 2nite E!! PMSL! Don't forget Moet&Muffins too! See, amidst the millions of mortal folk with a tv there are 2 that we can recall who defend Bid. I rest my case x.

I don't know Moet&Muffins! Should I be worried? lol

I agree with everything Joshua's said. I do wonder if Bid's bosses are going out of their way to grab every penny they can before the ship finally sinks.

M&M is mates with Mike & his Goddess :nod: They defended Mikey's selling tactics for the snow melt but alas it was in vain, quel surprise lol! x

I have been wondering exactly the same thing Joshua. Just a short walk around our city shopping centre is eye opening. So many shops closed down. And, of the ones left open, the cheap and cheerful ones, Primark, B&M, Shoe Zone, Savers etc are doing a good trade whilst the more expensive may have 2 or 3 people walking around inside but not buying and they don't charge for phone and p&p do they?

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/03877786

Their net worth and cash assets have dropped significantly since 2008 when everything seems to have gone wrong for them.

Net worth for last year was just under £10m... I bet it'll be even less this time round. (at peak it was £47m!!)

I've said before that in another 2 - 3 years I expect they'll sink without trace if they carry on the way they are. Why they ever changed the formula which worked for them before is a complete mystery to me! All this hard sell is a load of bolox and has damaged their reputation so much I doubt they'll recover from it.

Last edited:
http://companycheck.co.uk/company/03877786

Their net worth and cash assets have dropped significantly since 2008 when everything seems to have gone wrong for them.

Net worth for last year was just under £10m... I bet it'll be even less this time round. (at peak it was £47m!!)

I've said before that in another 2 - 3 years I expect they'll sink without trace if they carry on the way they are. Why they ever changed the formula which worked for them before is a complete mystery to me! All this hard sell is a load of bolox and has damaged their reputation so much I doubt they'll recover from it.

Pretty grim reading isn't it? And I expect the future one will be even worse. If it folds where will the presenters find other jobs? What can they do? I doubt QVC would want more than just a handful of the better ones as would Ideal World. What would the likes of James Russell do? There are only so many cruise ships around and disliked as some of them are, none of us would want to see them out of work and scratching around for a job.

Pretty grim reading isn't it? And I expect the future one will be even worse. If it folds where will the presenters find other jobs? What can they do? I doubt QVC would want more than just a handful of the better ones as would Ideal World. What would the likes of James Russell do? There are only so many cruise ships around and disliked as some of them are, none of us would want to see them out of work and scratching around for a job.

Doesn't James Russell have another job, something to do with cameras?

I thought I heard him say that he is a qualified gemologist, or some such like - tho' you would never had thought it from the sh*t he comes out with. I can see him doing well on the forecourt of a second-hand car dealership.

I don't know Moet&Muffins! Should I be worried? lol

Despite their denial of working for Bid I suspect M & M does. They know Mikey & his goddess well and also what goes on behind the scenes. My money's on Marina Berry.

Latest posts

Back