Paul Lavers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
So has Paul Lavers gone now? His voice is no longer on them rubbish infomercials during pick of the days. What did it actually achieve him returning the only changes Ive seen is they got rid of Ellis and them infomercial voice overs. The presenters are know different on air so seems like a waste of time to me.

So has Paul Lavers gone now? His voice is no longer on them rubbish infomercials during pick of the days. What did it actually achieve him returning the only changes Ive seen is they got rid of Ellis and them infomercial voice overs. The presenters are know different on air so seems like a waste of time to me.

It was behind the scenes things that he was brought in for so there may be nothing for you to see.

Why anyone would want to be associated to this channel, unless it was financial desperation, is beyond me. As a professional actor/presenter, Paul wants to give IW a wide birth. I do think that from an economic angle, he would have benefited more from staying with the Q. I think luring Debs Flint back was such a huge coup, but I don't miss Paul Lavers in the least. Having said that, I thought he did a good job whilst with QVC, but I think he wanted to broaden his career horizons and do other things he was unable to do whilst spending so much time working at Battersea. (prior to move).

But yet he has returned to shopping tv. Must be economic reasons as already mentioned. I havent heard him even do a cheesy voice over and cant remember his last on screen appearance.

Why anyone would want to be associated to this channel, unless it was financial desperation, is beyond me. As a professional actor/presenter, Paul wants to give IW a wide birth. I do think that from an economic angle, he would have benefited more from staying with the Q. I think luring Debs Flint back was such a huge coup, but I don't miss Paul Lavers in the least. Having said that, I thought he did a good job whilst with QVC, but I think he wanted to broaden his career horizons and do other things he was unable to do whilst spending so much time working at Battersea. (prior to move).

Sorry i dont see as luring Debbie flint as a coup at all she is the worst presenter on QVC atm , her hard sell it a total put off and i dont watch any of her shows

Is there a reason why u comment on the IW forum if the channel is soo bad? also Df a coup hmm im not sure i would agree with that at all

Paul Lavers was one of three presenters that left QVC to help launch Ideal World. The others being Steve Whatley and Debbie Flint. I can't remember whether Dave Bradford was there at launch or did he join soon after?

Didn't Dave Bradford and Dean Wilson leave Q to join Shop! before joining IW when Shop! folded?

Jude xx

Knew that pds. Misread Louise66's post and thought Paul was responsible for DF's return to QVC. In the early days with Whatters and co IW was a breath of fresh air.

Latest posts

Back