Pampering Day with free P+P - Well Guess What?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
The ever honest Andy Hodgson has just done a trailer for the pampering day he is selling in his show from 1130.

As we all know the presenters make much of the fact it comes with free P+P. Guess what? He has just confirmed that they merely EMAIL the details needed to attend!

I suspected as much, they never give in do they. Many thanks again though Andy, you are a true beacon of light in a very, very dark place.

Giving Bid the benefit of the doubt I now wonder if the previous ones were indeed posted? The on screen banner and website does now say email only, I know the on screen banner didn't previously say this but I don't know what the website said.

In fact Andy said if you don't have email you need to ask someone if it can be sent to their address.

Last edited:
yes

they were previously posted but have been emailed today and yesterday (if requested)

for what it is i actually think that is a more than fair offer

yes

they were previously posted but have been emailed today and yesterday (if requested)

for what it is i actually think that is a more than fair offer

It dosen't seem a bad offer, hopefully people will give some feedback.

There are points to be raised when signing up for these "Pampering Day" "Makeovers".

1) These offers are often given away by some makeover companies for nothing under the guise of winning a competition "second prize" in a marketing strategy. So the fact Bid are making you pay £20 isn't actually that much of a deal when you can get something like this for 'free'.

2) A new hairstyle? Make-up professionally applied? Professional photographer? Sounds awesome at twenty quid for two, doesn't it? As with anything, (and particularly where Bid TV network is involved!) this really isn't a free lunch. Yes, you go away with a free print from your photo shoot but where the catch is (and it is a big one), is that the makeover organisers will do the big pressure selling into making you buy the full image set. From some of the various reviews of these sort of companies on the net, they charge as much as £60-70 per extra image. I saw people saying they were paying upwards of £400-500 for a set. Some were willing to pay as much as £1200 for the images, in a finance deal £100 a month for a year.

Be very wary! You will be pressurised on the day when you view your prints. Bid TV say nothing about this pressure selling tactic process in the presentations. I can imagine quite a few people walking away from the "Pampering Day" spending far more than they expected.

Well pointed out Greg. Anything that looks too good to be true, usually is! These makeover people don't like you walking away without spending a lot of cash! Sp be aware!

There are points to be raised when signing up for these "Pampering Day" "Makeovers".

1) These offers are often given away by some makeover companies for nothing under the guise of winning a competition "second prize" in a marketing strategy. So the fact Bid are making you pay £20 isn't actually that much of a deal when you can get something like this for 'free'.

2) A new hairstyle? Make-up professionally applied? Professional photographer? Sounds awesome at twenty quid for two, doesn't it? As with anything, (and particularly where Bid TV network is involved!) this really isn't a free lunch. Yes, you go away with a free print from your photo shoot but where the catch is (and it is a big one), is that the makeover organisers will do the big pressure selling into making you buy the full image set. From some of the various reviews of these sort of companies on the net, they charge as much as £60-70 per extra image. I saw people saying they were paying upwards of £400-500 for a set. Some were willing to pay as much as £1200 for the images, in a finance deal £100 a month for a year.

Be very wary! You will be pressurised on the day when you view your prints. Bid TV say nothing about this pressure selling tactic process in the presentations. I can imagine quite a few people walking away from the "Pampering Day" spending far more than they expected.

Oh dear, that sounds awful.

I couldn't possibly imagine Bid Shopping being party to something like that.

Then again I still believe in Santa Claus :doh:

of course there is that to bear in mind

tbf to Caroline Lindsay (first time i have said that) she has said numerous times if you do not want extra prints then do not take any extra money

the company involved are going to get about 8,000 people visit them who would not have before and are probably working on about 15-20% paying for prints

which is fair enough really

I have noticed that when Caroline Lindsay sold this service she said 'the day starts with a champagne reception' however the pre-recorded voiceover ad they run describes it as 'a glass of fizz'.
You can bet your life there is no champagne,just cheap sparkling wine and just one glass per person (unless of course you wish to purchase more).

I have noticed that when Caroline Lindsay sold this service she said 'the day starts with a champagne reception' however the pre-recorded voiceover ad they run describes it as 'a glass of fizz'.
You can bet your life there is no champagne,just cheap sparkling wine and just one glass per person (unless of course you wish to purchase more).

Andy said you can just have coffee if you like :giggle:

thought he was with moet & muffins must have flicked her for katbaker dont forget kat tapes his hours "must be love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The ever honest Andy Hodgson has just done a trailer for the pampering day he is selling in his show from 1130.

As we all know the presenters make much of the fact it comes with free P+P. Guess what? He has just confirmed that they merely EMAIL the details needed to attend!

I suspected as much, they never give in do they. Many thanks again though Andy, you are a true beacon of light in a very, very dark place.

Oh how hilarious!! Generous to a fault not charging for a stamp they don't use! PMSL! :cool:

To be fair to Andy, they have before posted them with free P&P - they are emailing them now to avoid Xmas delays etc so no problems there.

I do think you have to be realistic about what you're going to get for £20. Considering how many of these they've sold and how cheap they are, I would imagine there will be long waits to get a slot and when you do it'll will be a bit like a cattle market. It's obvious that they will do the hard sell and try to sell your more prints at a very expensive price - but tbf, the offer for £20 still probably isn't bad - it's just about expectation!

I saw Peter Simon selling them earlier this week and he was saying "You'll get all the massages, all the manicures, all the dresses, all the products" - he's out of control.

is it just me, or does that blonde in the trailer look like she's been having a fumble in the stationary cupboard with her boss? the bit where she staggers through a door. lol

Latest posts

Back