Xmas delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Very impressed that Ideal world are still offering Guaranteed Xmas delivery as Qvc stopped doing the at midnight last night. Yes i no people will be cynical that they wont get there items in time but hope IW honour there promise and delivery in time :)

Very impressed that Ideal world are still offering Guaranteed Xmas delivery as Qvc stopped doing the at midnight last night. Yes i no people will be cynical that they wont get there items in time but hope IW honour there promise and delivery in time :)

We shall see if this actually happens, I ordered the POTD this Afternoon, interestingly enough the caption on Screen (I was watching Ideal Extra) said delivery NOT Guaranteed before Christmas, however back in normal Ideal World Land (Ch 644) at 5 O'clock no such message...now I'm assuming the caption on IW-Extra had been put their given that the Channel is all repeats.....the proof of the Pudding as they say will be in the Ring of the door Bell !

Happy Xmas

I can see some poor Yodel delivery drivers working very late Christmas eve trying to deliver all these parcels.

When IW have trouble delivering items quickly can't possibly see how they can guarantee Christmas delivery.

Well lets remain positive and hope everyone gets there items in time for Xmas ,i think the guaranteed for Xmas offer ended early afternoon.

I can see some poor Yodel delivery drivers working very late Christmas eve trying to deliver all these parcels.

When IW have trouble delivering items quickly can't possibly see how they can guarantee Christmas delivery.

You are paying more for the delivery to the courier will priorotise these ones

We shall see if this actually happens, I ordered the POTD this Afternoon, interestingly enough the caption on Screen (I was watching Ideal Extra) said delivery NOT Guaranteed before Christmas, however back in normal Ideal World Land (Ch 644) at 5 O'clock no such message...now I'm assuming the caption on IW-Extra had been put their given that the Channel is all repeats.....the proof of the Pudding as they say will be in the Ring of the door Bell !

Happy Xmas

Update Saturday am:

Well the Door Bell went and yes it was the POTD Tablet, so less the 24hrs from order to delivery, so on this occasion well done IW, a promise delivered. !

Update Saturday am:

Well the Door Bell went and yes it was the POTD Tablet, so less the 24hrs from order to delivery, so on this occasion well done IW, a promise delivered. !

Way to go! :D

I can't see many complaints coming, they obviously had the items in stock and were despatching with a courier on a guaranteed service (just like some online outlets are still doing this weekend).

From what I know, what usually lets them down delivery wise, is them not having items in their warehouse at the time they are on air. They'll have guaranteed a certain quantity from the supplier but wait until the sales are in before they actually place the final order, thus not having a warehouse full of unsold items. That's what with certain products they vanish from the website a few days after they've been on air as they would only have ordered in sufficient stock to cover the orders placed on the day and don't want to take any more.

That said, I'm sure they have plentiful stock in their warehouse of their key selling lines - in fact I ordered one of the heavily aired Vibra products on a Friday night and it arrived on the Monday.

I too have been impressed with the IW delivery service. I ordered items off the web in the afternoon and they were delivered the next day at lunchtime. Nice one IW! Unlike the "other side" who just said they'd do their best, and it was only on selected items!

I ordered a Tablet at 1130 pm last night, the delivery charge was a higher than usual £9.99 but Howard absolutely guaranteed delivery on Christmas Eve for orders in that hour so fingers crossed. It was only mainland UK though, the guarantee didn't apply to Northern Ireland.

I got an email this morning confirming it had been dispatched although in my account it says expected delivery date is 26 December, I assume it is just providing the standard delivery date.

I'll let everyone know when it (hopefully) arrives on Monday!

Last edited:
I ordered a Tablet at 1130 pm last night, the delivery charge was a higher than usual £9.99 but Howard absolutely guaranteed delivery on Christmas Eve for orders in that hour so fingers crossed. It was only mainland UK though, the guarantee didn't apply to Northern Ireland.

I got an email this morning confirming it had been dispatched although in my account it says expected delivery date is 26 December, I assume it is just providing the standard delivery date.

I'll let everyone know when it (hopefully) arrives on Monday!

The tablet just arrived by Special Delivery so they were good to their word, even if the P+P was a bit pricey.

Very good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back