Lies, damn lies, and sit-up tv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

radio_dayz

Registered Shopper
Whilst getting ready to go out last night, I had price-drop on the TV. My ears pricked up when I heard Adam Heppenstall say, he had a Cristin Lars Watch for sale which had four Diamonds and a STERLING SILVER BRACELET! What I thought, a Cristin Lars with sterling silver bracelet! I looked at my TV, and to my amazement saw this.

DSCF5302_zpse769d493.jpg

DSCF5303_zps5d375c7b.jpg

So now, these wonderful high end timepieces come on sterling silver bracelets do they? What utter rubbish! I have seen this watch being sold quite often lately, usually described as being Diamond encrusted. Yes it has four tiny specks of so called Diamonds at 12 o'clock, but also now appears to have a Sterling Silver Bracelet!!!

Do us all a favour Adam and sit-up. Stop treating us all like we are the winners of the international village idiots contest. Nobody, but nobody sells a Watch with Sterling Silver Bracelet for just over £27. The bid web site clearly states the Bracelet is Stainless Steel, so why now describe it as something it clearly is not! There are people who were fooled last night into thinking they were getting a true bargain. I can't believe the presenter would even go along with this con! Several times he said the band was Sterling Silver.

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/Christin-...ap/WB131262/ProductDetail.raction#prettyPhoto[pp_gal]/1/

Crappy Christmas sit-up.

If someone complains their excuse will no doubt be the gallery thought 'SS' meant Sterling Silver and not Stainless Steel.

Cheatin Liars
Christin Lars

Strangely similar!

Presenter Adam Heppenstall has no excuse. He must have noticed any mistake, and if he did, he chose to ignore it, and simply go along with it. sit-up has no excuse in my opinion!

Unforgivable!!

Presenter Adam Heppenstall has no excuse. He must have noticed any mistake, and if he did, he chose to ignore it, and simply go along with it. sit-up has no excuse in my opinion!

Unforgivable!!

I couldn't agree more. I have never known a shopping channel to make so many erm.... mistakes.

Disgusting if this is true. Bid are a bunch of nasty cheating low down sh#tsters!!! :headbang:

Oh noes!

Come on, Katbaker: where's your impassioned defence of this? :headbang:

RD please report it to the ASA, when I did my complaint last week I couldn't believe how simple it was to do and you can tell them you have photo evidence. I don't know the time it was on & didn't actually see it so can't complain myself, otherwise I would x.

This is so typical of situp, they are ending up like auctionworld whatever their name was.

RD please report it to the ASA, when I did my complaint last week I couldn't believe how simple it was to do and you can tell them you have photo evidence. I don't know the time it was on & didn't actually see it so can't complain myself, otherwise I would x.

Indeed Nikki, very easy.

I didn't know this at first but just to let everyone know that you don't need any photo/video evidence although all the better if you have it. Just an accurate, thorough description of the complaint, and time and date details.

The ASA will get back to you if they need more details (they have with me on one occasion). People Power!!

As I recall from seeing Watchdog about Auction World, it got to a point whereby they were continually having complaints logged against them that were upheld by the regulator. Then they were artificially hiking up the sale prices of their auctions & when they started to put fake descriptions about their goods on air in a way that could be deccribed as fraudulent they were booted off the TV very suddenly. Ring any bells peeps????? Prior to that I remember them having mysterious power cuts suddenly & then be back on air again, hmmmm....nope I can't think who that reminds me of:happy:.

That vile, bossy, rude, up herself woman, Liz Fuller, who used to be on it is now on that american wierd shopping channel I noticed. I did laugh when it was in the press that she dumped Hypnotist Paul McKenna on air in the middle of an auction, what a twat! It was the only time Action World was famous tho' well until it was closed down :mysmilie_486::mysmilie_483:

Last edited:
As I recall from seeing Watchdog about Auction World, it got to a point whereby they were continually having complaints logged against them that were upheld by the regulator. Then they were artificially hiking up the sale prices of their auctions & when they started to put fake descriptions about their goods on air in a way that could be deccribed as fraudulent they were booted off the air very suddenly. Ring any bells peeps?????

So, how long do we reckon Bid will stay in business based on their current sales methods? :wait:

Has anyone noticed on Rocks & Co they have a ridiculous starting price but at the bottom of the screen it says something like the initial price is randomly generated and does not indicate a value. How shady is that!

In fairness I am certain they would never ever charge that price to anyone but it still seems wrong.

Last edited:
So, how long do we reckon Bid will stay in business based on their current sales methods? :wait:

Hmmm difficult to say E, I think that depends on what "guidance" the ASA get. I think the main reason the AW exit when it came was quite swift & final was because Watchdog were already on their case. That's why if I don't get a satisfactory penalty issued to Bid following my complaint about them I'm forwarding my findings & explanation to my MP. I don't think the ASA can really fight them successfully on their own. I could be totally wrong, just my view seeing the lame tellings off Bid have been getting recently for upheld complaints.

I have just submitted my complaint to the ASA over this matter. I am just about sick and tired of seeing people lied to by this outfit!

I have just submitted my complaint to the ASA over this matter. I am just about sick and tired of seeing people lied to by this outfit!
BRAVO RD! :rock::angel: I know it's hilarious car crash TV but behind that are innocent people, like lovely nans & grandads who have worked hard all their lives being conned into buying things that aren't as described. That's the very sad bit especially as Bid presenters & producers seem to be taking the mick even more on occasions since the upheld complaints! They seem to be pi**ing all over the system that is there to prevent this happening!

Latest posts

Back