The diamond in the rough

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£1 MEGADROP1

Registered Shopper
Has got to be Andy Hodgson, its such a breath of fresh air to watch him on bid

Selling an item for £1, he said its £1....even with the £7.99 p&p and call its still under a tenner, Delivery is around 10 days at the moment but some places will get it quicker
even with the extra charges your getting this delivered for £10 thats not bad is that

When selling the ice cream tablet sandwich ipad according to Peter Simon lol Andy just showed us some apps he had downloaded, explained there were tens of thousands of apps you can download to it of which some are free and some you pay for, showed a few things you can do on it, then searched his name on google and said whats this here, Andy Hodgson....Alan partridge who's he?

I always enjoy watching him, he's funny and does not do the hard sell, this is what bid used to be like years ago, now he seems to be the only 1 left :(

If they do get shut down I will be sad for Andy, He might not be perfect....The fire blanket springs to mind but on the whole he's the best they have

Has got to be Andy Hodgson, its such a breath of fresh air to watch him on bid

Selling an item for £1, he said its £1....even with the £7.99 p&p and call its still under a tenner, Delivery is around 10 days at the moment but some places will get it quicker
even with the extra charges your getting this delivered for £10 thats not bad is that

When selling the ice cream tablet sandwich ipad according to Peter Simon lol Andy just showed us some apps he had downloaded, explained there were tens of thousands of apps you can download to it of which some are free and some you pay for, showed a few things you can do on it, then searched his name on google and said whats this here, Andy Hodgson....Alan partridge who's he?

I always enjoy watching him, he's funny and does not do the hard sell, this is what bid used to be like years ago, now he seems to be the only 1 left :(

If they do get shut down I will be sad for Andy, He might not be perfect....The fire blanket springs to mind but on the whole he's the best they have

Yes I think Andy's ok from what I've seen too. Bid aren't out on the bone of their bottom yet & they really don't have to be if they're just honest & provide genuine discounts. Sadly recently they seem to be in the main capable of doing neither from what I've witnessed.

I must be the only person on here who isn't keen on him. I don't dislike him, just find him a bit irritating when he does his Frankie Howerd spiel. Having said that, if I had to pick someone to have more air time, he would be one of the ones on my short list.

I must be the only person on here who isn't keen on him. I don't dislike him, just find him a bit irritating when he does his Frankie Howerd spiel. Having said that, if I had to pick someone to have more air time, he would be one of the ones on my short list.

He reminds me a bit of Alan Partridge!

Agree he's one of the best - he lays off the hard sell and is much more honest than all the other lot. He's also entertaining to watch and doesn't SHOUT at the camera.

However Andy does not want to do more hours and only does what he is doing now as a favour - or have I misunderstood?

It's something like that - he's 'left' the channel officially but does a few hours a week for them.

as i have posted many times he is very very good

for people like katbaker these sort of threads show that people are not just being negative for the hell of it as it is very very rare you see a bad word said about andy

i presume he does a lot of work elsewhere and would im sure be fine if bid did go under

he is the ONLY presenter on all 3 channels who since thursday has stated on every item delivery is usually TEN days at this time of year

the likes of jaxx have still been lying saying you may have it for xmas but if not then the new year

I would be sad to see Andy go as he's funny, no hard sell - his only black mark was the wretched fire blanket! He certainly brightens up a dull Sunday afternoon and will always factor in P & P with the call charges in something that is £1 or 1p. Maybe it's because he has left he has no need to follow the high pressure selling regime but then aren't they all freelance?

I saw a bit of Andy today and he once introduced himself as "the artist formally known as bid-up" then he went on to say "prices used to go up on bid-up, they don't any more and people still call us bid-up too! Don't know why!"

Latest posts

Back