Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£1 MEGADROP1

Registered Shopper
Just before Peter finished tonight he said what a year it had been and thanked everyone for their letters & messages and then said that about 4 months ago he was told he might only have hours left but thanks to us and the people who helped him theres still many more hours left in this body yet - or words to that effect

I know he's economical with the truth but he seemed to be serious here

He's looking a lot better at the moment

I just wish he could go back 5 years and have fun like they used to, the constant jewellery gets boring and tonight they kept playing the price drop price plunge noise over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that Peter said I don't about you at ome but that is really getting on my nerves....its ok to do it but its probably driving people away - or words to that effect

Just before Peter finished tonight he said what a year it had been and thanked everyone for their letters & messages and then said that about 4 months ago he was told he might only have hours left but thanks to us and the people who helped him theres still many more hours left in this body yet - or words to that effect

I know he's economical with the truth but he seemed to be serious here

He's looking a lot better at the moment

I just wish he could go back 5 years and have fun like they used to, the constant jewellery gets boring and tonight they kept playing the price drop price plunge noise over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that Peter said I don't about you at ome but that is really getting on my nerves....its ok to do it but its probably driving people away - or words to that effect

I was surprised he thanked everyone except his Worry Angels because he had us believe they helped him on his deathbed, mind you he wasn't selling them was he?

I saw him saying this and wondered how ~ if what he says is the truth that all the cards and letters etc helped him so much ~ he could treat those same people with such contempt by telling such whopping great lies and selling them cr** at hugely inflated prices. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

I saw him saying this and wondered how ~ if what he says is the truth that all the cards and letters etc helped him so much ~ he could treat those same people with such contempt by telling such whopping great lies and selling them cr** at hugely inflated prices. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

Very good point, it seems a strange way to treat people who show they care.

I'm afraid I don't believe a word he says :down:

Sadly neither do I. Personally I find him false, insincere and think his apparent bumbling behaviour is utterly cynical.

That's when his behaviour isn't just plain bizarre, he's a very strange man. I think there's something quite dark about him but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm torn between how I feel about Peter - I used to be quite a big fan and as £1 Megadrop says a few years ago he really was genuinely entertaining to watch. Even now when he's having a good night he can still be one of the best on shopping TV. And It's nice to see that he does get support from viewers.

HOWEVER, you can't turn a blind eye to the miss-selling and lying. He seems to be delighted to lie, miss-inform and rip viewers off - and that's even worse if there are people who genuinely 'trust' him and are perhaps elderly or vulnerable.

watched a few old you tube clips the other day from at least five years ago

entertaining, honest , funny and quite good

I find him embarrassing and offensive with his smutty inuendo and Larry Grayson impersonations.

If you were to watch him for the first time you would think he was either drunk or on an illegal substance as he mumbles, he's incoherent and can't get the co presenters names right. Suspect some of the girls refuse to work with him. As for his stories at the start of his shift - they are no longer funny, just bizarre.

His confusing the darned Yarvik with an iPad and that cheepo Vodaphone for a Blackberry is ridiculous - mumble, mumble, throw in a top brand name here and there!

If you were to watch him for the first time you would think he was either drunk or on an illegal substance as he mumbles, he's incoherent and can't get the co presenters names right. Suspect some of the girls refuse to work with him. As for his stories at the start of his shift - they are no longer funny, just bizarre.

His confusing the darned Yarvik with an iPad and that cheepo Vodaphone for a Blackberry is ridiculous - mumble, mumble, throw in a top brand name here and there!

I increasingly get the impression that some of the assistants and guests refuse to work with him.

The way he touches them, forgets their names, and tries to pull them in for hugs etc is very awkward. You can sometimes see the girls physically cringe and edge away from him - there was a large lady on Bid once demo-ing skincare - she was physically uncomfortable and edging away from him as he kept touching her.

Poor cow. Just what you need, getting groped and pawed at by Peter Simon live on air. :puke:

Happy Christmas everyone (apologies for the lateness!).

His groping is utterly revolting, I posted a while back that at the end of Charlie's last shift before christmas he was all over him too, poor Charlie (who I cannot stand but had sympathy with then) looked horrified.

Beast.

I simply cannot square the circle with this man. On one hand he is a seasoned performer who, in the past, could be funny and entertaining. He has worked tirelessly for charity over the years, not just on stage but actually out in all weathers selling poppies.
On the other hand he has no compunction about selling tat and rubbish to the public; knowing that some of them can't afford it, and firmly believe the whoppers he is telling. Some of his antics and throw away lines to the girls working with him are possessively pervy and if said to someone in everyday life would possibly result in prosecution! I don't watch this channel as much as most of you, but even I, when I see he is on, switch over to something more wholesome.

Ps Happy new year to one and all. I reckon we'll still be eating our Christmas rib of beef until the spring:giggle:

I simply cannot square the circle with this man. On one hand he is a seasoned performer who, in the past, could be funny and entertaining. He has worked tirelessly for charity over the years, not just on stage but actually out in all weathers selling poppies.
On the other hand he has no compunction about selling tat and rubbish to the public; knowing that some of them can't afford it, and firmly believe the whoppers he is telling. Some of his antics and throw away lines to the girls working with him are possessively pervy and if said to someone in everyday life would possibly result in prosecution! I don't watch this channel as much as most of you, but even I, when I see he is on, switch over to something more wholesome.

Ps Happy new year to one and all. I reckon we'll still be eating our Christmas rib of beef until the spring:giggle:

Humour long left Peter Simon, it's all about a sale now at any cost.

An utterly revolting creature, a creep of the highest order. He should just go but I doubt he will as his coin is clearly more important to his morals.

We know someone else like that don't we?

Latest posts

Back